It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FNORD

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 12:18 AM
link   
as a card carrying pope...

discordia.wikia.com...

I NOW PRONOUNCE...

THAT EVERYONE WHO READS THIS THREAD
IS AN AUTHORIZED POPE!

hail eris. Stop. Fnord. Stop.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   
as a card carrying pope...

I NOW PRONOUNCE...

THAT EVERYONE WHO READS THIS THREAD
IS EXCOMMUNICATED FROM THE GLOBAL COMMUNION OF ERIS AND DISCORDIA

hail eris. Stop. Fnord. Stop.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   
According to Illuminatus!, the only place we DON'T have fnords in media is in advertisement. This lack of fnords make the herd feel comfortable when indulging in rampant consumerism. Hmm...

Kind of falls in with the whole put the news you want to bury out on a Friday because the herd's too concerned with the weekend to notice. I've noticed all kinds of odd things published on Friday that are never mentioned again...

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Oddly enough, I remember seeing this word interjected into new stories in newspapers and magazines as a child and wondered what it meant.

It wasn't in the dictionary so I assumed it was some sort of typesetters inside joke.

The word fnord is in fact seen in archived newsprint of the cold war era. If you have a 1960's-70's newspaper and read the whole thing you will find the word in several different places, usually in the politically oriented stories.

It is MHO that public school children were all hypnotized at some point and essentially brainwashed to not only not be able to perceive the word, but to feel a sense of dis-ease when it is interjected into text . Why some kids can remember this brainwashing is simply because some are harder to hypnotize than others. I'm not going to go into all what I remember here, that's another thread, suffice it to say that I do remember some odd occurrences during my school daze that include mass hypnosis and various types of brainwashing. Film strips and movies were used extensively for this purpose..

it is my opinion that the word is impossible for some to perceive when interjected into text, since many I asked about it and shown the word either refused to answer or didn't see the word in the text. For those of you who think the word originates with some fictional book, you've been had. If you have any doubts about what i have said, before you answer look in an old newspaper. You may or may not be able to see the word depending on if you've been given post hypnotic suggestion not to, but your KIDS will.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by InterdimensionalWarrior

Well then, really what you are saying is that there are instances where there are emotive terminologies and visuals that cause dis-ease or anxiety and as such provoke a specific reaction. Let's use the term "terrorist" or "terror" as an example as it has been used prolifically in post 9/11. Such a term instills a specific pathway and certain reaction - as the intent of the term is to rally agreement to the one using it.

In that sense, a fnord can be anything...and is very unlikely a literal usage of the term "fnord".

As such, I pretty much stand by my previous post in this thread...which by the way, is a huge blast from the past. I can't believe that this was brought back up...

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solasis
I saw the fnords the other day during Philosophy class... but I can't remember what brought it on. I wrote in my notebook that I had seen them, but....

Ewige Blumenkraft!

(About all, there is a distinct smell of onions. Or something.)

The smell of onions is coming from your feet.

Put your shoes on.

Ribbit

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brahmanite
Hail Eris.

You'd better button up your asshole, the Fnord's are so deeply Fnorded that at this point telling Fnord from Fact will be impossible.

Discord: their circle really wasnt very big. The first decade or two are at least pretty easy to figure out if you arent scared to get your hands dirty.

Mytho's, mythology, memetics, group think. These are all things that fascinate your typical discordian, especially the people involved earlier on.

They were very interested in Myth. How myths have worked and can work but more importantly, they seemed to be very fascinated with the power of the myth. The power of ideas.

The early discords understood very well how the world of mythology, ideas and information in general function. Some of them sometimes set out to experiment with mythology.

A large amount of discordian stuff is has purposely cloaked the 'truth' in ambiguity. Ahh, truth. What is truth? I think that is 'their' first and maybe most important question. 'their' purpose has often been to experiment with 'truth' and what it means.

The early discords speak through parable. Everything is cloaked in mystery. It has intentionally been left up to YOU to decide the truth.

You may be surprised just how much these 'guys' have been involved with. Things we take for granted......

What is the significance of 17?

The Hunting of the Snark is a perfect example of what you speak of.

As to the signigicance of 17, it is the maximum minimum age that will get you 20.

Ribbit

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join