It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rebellion in America heats up as 5th state exempts guns (Map)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Rebellion in America heats up as 5th state exempts guns (Map)

statesmansentinel.com

A fifth state – South Dakota – has decided that guns made, sold and used within its borders no longer are subject to the whims of the federal government through its rule-making arm in the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms, and two supporters of the growing groundswell say they hope Washington soon will be taking note.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Well this is encouraging. 5 states now and many more are going that direction. I find this part of the story quite interesting.

>But when Democratic Gov. Dave Freudenthal signed his state’s bill into law, it included penalties for any agent of the U.S. who “enforces or attempts to enforce” federal gun rules on a “personal firearm” in Wyoming including up to two years in prison and up to $2,000 in fines.<

If the majority of the states enforce this type of a policy will it make the legal system a huge mess or will it be pretty cut and dry? Interesting times we live in.

statesmansentinel.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Right, well, gun laws should be administered by the state itself, and not by the fed.
If a state wishes to be gun free, so be it...if the next state over wishes to be loaded to the gills, so be it. The fed only need worry about things like, oh, small nuke ownership, RPGs, etc...

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I hope to God that this happens here in Nevada. We have among the most liberal gun laws that one can get. No limits in mag size, type of weapon and no registration, except in Clark County(Vegas).

I will send letters to make certain this happens here. We need to reinforce our right to self defense.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Do you guys realize this same topic with the same title is already being discussed right?

Original thread

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
Right, well, gun laws should be administered by the state itself, and not by the fed.
If a state wishes to be gun free, so be it...if the next state over wishes to be loaded to the gills, so be it. The fed only need worry about things like, oh, small nuke ownership, RPGs, etc...

That would violate the equal protection clause, the 14th Amendment of the Bill of Rights:

Section. 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

States can't pick and choose which rights are rights. The Constitution is not a menu.

[edit on 18-3-2010 by projectvxn]

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shark_Feeder
Do you guys realize this same topic with the same title is already being discussed right?

Original thread

My bad....mod plez close

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by solarstorm

Good find

Unfortunately for States like California, the laws are moving backwards.

Last week a co-worker of mine went with her husband to a large outlet hunting store so he could buy some handgun ammo. They now require you to fill out several forms, submit fingerprints, and a few other invasive things of the sort, just for HANDGUN AMMO! Needless to say, he didn't purchase it.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by solarstorm

Originally posted by Shark_Feeder

Original thread

My bad....mod plez close

Nah, it's good that this is in the news forum because this is newsworthy and not to be stuffed in a less frequented forum.

I hope this is implemented in Virginia and Texas. And all states really. But Virginia is my home state and Texas is just a behemoth of a gun state and such a law there would really kick the door down to trying to trample gun rights, like the feds have been trying lately.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
I hope to God that this happens here in Nevada. We have among the most liberal gun laws that one can get. No limits in mag size, type of weapon and no registration, except in Clark County(Vegas).

I will send letters to make certain this happens here. We need to reinforce our right to self defense.

Ditto on the change also needed in the Silver State. It would go hand in hand with the (lack of) laws we already have.

If you want to U2U me with who you are contacting, I will be happy to add my "voice" to yours.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
This exact issue was on my mind last week and finding this posting helps to answer what questions I was pondering. For that help, thanks for this posting because it truly reflects a growing trend that I feel is important to know what States are doing something meaningful to protect the citizens within the borders of the States Wyoming, Tennessee, Montana, South Dakota and whatever other States join the growing list in the near future.

What concerns me about this trend is that those States that have taken this provocative but self protection measure to protect rights important to those States, should in no way be construed as going "unnoticed" by the NWO powers that be.

With everyone talking about false flag operations and major cities being targeted by some kind of nuclear weapon, what concerns me is that the evil elite, should they act on the need to start some crap, will pick one a city within these five States to punish in an indirect manner. Afterwords, even needed aid could be slow in coming to aggravate the situation and to further punish the population and its leaders for taking such action that goes against what Obama and his corrupt criminal gang want to do to all Americans.

Those States that have shown some back bone are now subject to being targeted by those that would do so to make an example to others not to join the bandwagon. Sooner or later the blackmail and threats we have heard so much about coming from the White House Staff is going to get much worse.

Fear and intimidation will be running high if a nuke does go off in a city and at the present, picking a State with limited population and mountainous regions could very well entice the evil elite to select a target from within the States that have disrespected Don Corleone Obama and his cousin Vinny Rahm Emanuel. I can see these guys playing the get even ploy, so in that regard, I just wanted to ad some food for thought into the conversation.

Thanks for the posting and I for one hope many more States come forth and do the same. There is strength in numbers because we either hang alone or we can hang together because as long as we're fighting for this Nation and our Constitution you can consider me on board.

Small victories from the States, endangers those States and that is the point I wanted to make because as these small victories add up, there will a point that something must happen to end the growing trend to resistance.

Thanks again for the posting. It is a good subject matter to discuss.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Florida needs to hop on this. We have Knight Arms here and that would exempt us if the try and re-instate the assault ban.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I saw in the local newspaper here in Oklahoma,about a week ago, that our state had just passed this,or it was in the house.,I don't remember which.

top topics

join