It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Superman coming back to the big screen ala Chris Nolan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I am surprised this has not gotten much publicity as Mr Nolan helmed the most successful comic book movie ever in "The Dark Knight" (over $1 billion worldwide).

www.virginmedia.com...

Here is a bit from IMDB:

'Batman Begins director Christopher Nolan has confirmed he's swapped The Dark Knight for the Man of Steel - he's "very excited" to be working on the next Superman movie.

The moviemaker revived the Batman franchise with Christian Bale as the Caped Crusader in 2005 and returned for 2008's The Dark Knight. He is preparing to take charge of his third Batman movie, but he's now added another superhero to his roster by agreeing to produce a new film about the Man of Steel.

The franchise was given a reboot with Bryan Singer's 2006 offering Superman Returns, and the new movie will reportedly go ahead with a different director - although Nolan has not yet confirmed whether he will be stepping behind the camera.

But Nolan admits he's "very excited" to be taking on Superman with his The Dark Knight collaborator David S. Goyer and producing partner wife Emma Thomas - and he's already got big plans for the blockbuster.

He tells the Los Angeles Times, "It’s very exciting; we have a fantastic story. And we feel we can do it right. We know the milieu, if you will, we know the genre and how to get it done right.

"A lot of people have approached Superman in a lot of different ways. I only know the way that has worked for us that’s what I know how to do. He (Goyer) basically told me, ‘I have this thought about how you would approach Superman.’ I immediately got it, loved it. I wanted to get Emma and I involved in shepherding the project right away and getting it to the studio and getting it going in an exciting way." '

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I look forward to it! but please no Lex!!!

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I AM excited because the Nolan's take pride in their work and have a lot of respect for the industry, and Goyer definitely knows Superman. I don't like the approach of trying to making Superman realistic. The costume, the colors, the villains outside of Lex Luthor, it's really hard to make that work. I don't want to feel like this is Superman in my world, I want to see Superman in his own world where aliens exist, giant robots sometimes run amok, superheroes and supervillains are out there, and disasters are just a daily nuisance. It worked well for the Spider-Man films. Although it works with some characters, the DC universe isn't exactly relatable so don't try to make it be.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I hope he can give Superman the movie he deserves, .. the last one was so dissapointing.

... and I wish they would make " Superman Dies" into a movie, .. .. can you imagine ??? that would be so awsome.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by MrAndy

I agree with much of what you are saying as I do not want a "downer" Superman (being played by Nick Cage).

As long as they do not go campy like they did with Batman and Robin nearly destroying the Batman franchise.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Superman is among the releases stated to be included in the new Warner Brothers and Imax companies agreement:

www.cinematical.com...

No word yet on a release date, but since the agreement is until 2013, it probably will be some time in 2013. (Batman 3 is also included in the release date plans.)

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by IntastellaBurst
... and I wish they would make " Superman Dies" into a movie, .. .. can you imagine ??? that would be so awsome.

Agreed.

Specifically, I'd like to see a live-action version of the Superman/Doomsday fight. That would rock.

TheAssoc.

new topics

top topics

join