It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli Fighter Jets Pound Gaza Strip

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Israeli Fighter Jets Pound Gaza Strip

www.presstv.com

Israeli fighter jets have bombarded at least two sites in the Gaza Strip shortly after a Thai agricultural worker was killed when a rocket fired from the besieged coastal enclave struck the northern Negev.

The eyewitnesses said Israeli F-16 fighter jets targeted an open area north of the Gaza City. The warplanes also fired missiles at an open area in the central Gaza Strip.

One of the warplanes broke the sound barrier in the skies of northern and central Gaza Strip, causing panic...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Gaza bombings has started - first strikes already made ---

Vice Premier Silvan Shalom warned that the attack would lead to a strong reaction, and said that Hamas was ultimately responsible.

“It is severe escalation,” said Shalom in remarks broadcast on Army Radio. “Israel will not return to the situation of before Operation Cast Lead. The response will be particularly fierce...I hope Hamas will learn a lesson.”

palestinenote.com...

- Another Op Cast Lead coming... Where this will lead situation in tense moments all over Israel, and specially in holy Temple Mount - Will new operation fuel further escalations?

Hamas and Fatah is more united this time - Hezbollah is ready.

Dahlan to Hamas: Come together against Israel

palestinenote.com...

What will follow - Ground movements... Iran, Lebanon, Syrian fronts?

www.presstv.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 18-3-2010 by JanusFIN]

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
When is China or Iran or someone with morals going to wipe Israel off the map? soon isn't soon enough imo

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
They're only responding to an attack which was in response to something else. Which was in response to another action before that.

It's been going on for decades now. Forget wiping Israel off the map. Maybe we should just wipe the whole area off the map.

These conflicts are a threat to stability. I'm not willing to tolerate higher prices at home because of this. If the fighting ever has too much of an effect on the rest of the world I'm in full support of military action and sanctions against both sides.

How dare they fight each other in blatant disregard for everyone else. This behaviour is completely intolerable.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
A good mature ethical state/country would first do an investigation, but Israel nope! No time.
Let's just go bombard whatever moves in that vicinity!
No need for investigations or any concept of justice

If there's anything moving anywhere near where the rocket was launched.... BOMB IT!!!! After all they are the chosen ones are they not?
You cannot judge the chosen ones, else you are an anti-semite!

Within hours of a rocket being launched a jet goes and attacks.
Barbarians? Of course not!

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
why is a tiny jewish state is planted right in the center of muslims who obviously took that land over fair and square

theres enough space for all those jews in germany or canada...

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
You know... Its kind of crazy how quickly they respond to attacks.

Have Israel really asked the RIGHT questions to justify dropping bombs already?
Like said in earlier posts, the actions of a minority DO NOT represent the Belifes of the majority.
Its just that it seems that they use any excuse to hurt their neigbours.

Now, Im just gonna keep reading up and see how this situation plays out. Will it esculate further, and snowball into a bigger regional war..?

Naturally im gonna assume the EU diplomat that was visiting today is all ready on a plane back to the Hague.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
And so it starts. I had heard some rumors that this week.. all the way up to the 24th was supposed to be rather difficult. So far, it hasn't been, but then this may escalate into something bigger.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by RizeorDie

Apparently a make-believe god called Yahweh promised the land to them thousands of years ago...

Surely that's a good reason for Israel to exist where it does, right ?

[edit on 18-3-2010 by Retrovertigo]

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by warisover
When is China or Iran or someone with morals going to wipe Israel off the map? soon isn't soon enough imo

Eh, I wouldn't say China and Iran have morals...but they certainly don't...oh what am I saying, everyone except the palestinians kill disproportionally...not that its good anyway.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Somehow it has been so incredible - before and after last year huge bombardment of Gaza strip - why there is still no effective Anti-Grenade systems around Gaza placed? Its no secret that USA and Israel has those systems, but why they dont use those in only place in the world - where those systems suppose to be?

"Iron Dome" is made to deal with Qassams - Gaza is sealed and blocked, and when palestinians fires those rockets to Sderot mostly, those have to fly from small area always to same locations... It cant be about money.

When talking about dealing with these Hamas rockets, is bombing innocent civilians in Gaza right or wrong, this strategical question should be remembered. For me it looks like there are peoples in Israel, who wants to get shot - to get reason to shoot back.

Where are those anti-rocket guns, which could deal with this threat?

"Since the beginning of 2010, at least 30 projectiles, including rockets and mortars, fired from Gaza have landed in Israeli territory."
www.paltelegraph.com...

[edit on 18-3-2010 by JanusFIN]

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by warisover

China and Iran have morals? Give me a break. They are no better than the Israeli government and if you want Israel to be wiped off the map, you are no better than the criminal Israeli government and the Hamas terrorists.

It is really sickening me that people on this forum continue to pretend that Iran is some holy saint.

[edit on 18-3-2010 by Mdv2]

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I don't blame Israel for a swift retaliation.
Living in a constant state of rocket bombardment and suicide bombers will tend to keep a country at edge, and ready for swift counter attack.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
USA strikes same time to palestianian money and media:

The U.S. Treasury imposed sanctions on Thursday against two firms in Gaza -- Islamic National Bank and Al-Aqsa Television -- for their ties to the ruling Hamas movement.

www.reuters.com...

Bidens marriage works.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Romans 10:9

Do you actually know how little damage these rocket attacks do? I am not talking away the terrorist attacks of Hamas, but in comparison to the mass killings committed by Israel, these rocket attacks are so insignificant that they can never be used as excuse to justify this disproportional Israeli retaliations.

It is widely known that American MSM is biased towards Israel as a result of Israeli lobby pressure. This is why the vast majority of Americans have a very flawed perception of reality. In addition to those who are simply ill informed, this vast majority consists of ignorant and brainwashed evangelical Zionist zealots under the illusion that Armageddon will happen.

This situation is very complex, it is not as black and white as Hamas firing rockets into Israel and Israel retaliating.

[edit on 18-3-2010 by Mdv2]

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by JanusFIN
USA strikes same time to palestianian money and media:

The U.S. Treasury imposed sanctions on Thursday against two firms in Gaza -- Islamic National Bank and Al-Aqsa Television -- for their ties to the ruling Hamas movement.

www.reuters.com...

Bidens marriage works.

And the US honestly expects the Palestinians to take part in any US sponsored peace talks with Israel ?

Gimme a break
Any peace talks that take place between the two sides needs to have a neutral mediator, not one who's been bending over for Israel since its inception...

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Yep, it could have been an Israeli that fired the rocket at Israel. That would have then given excuse to bomb.

An excited attempt to get Iran, Hezbolla, Hamas, or one of the others to react.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Retrovertigo

Good point.

There will be no negotiations, not with Palestinians or Iran. What we see here is fast escalation, witch started in West Bank, continuing with Heritage crisis, Temple Mount, and building 1600 + 400 new buildings in Jerusalem. After ""Day Of Rage" ... I think sword is turning soon to Hezbollah, Syria and Iran.

One sad but educational story from mindset of Arabs these days - Honorable death is to be killed by Israeli bullets:

Heartbroken Saudi seeks 'honorable death' on Israeli border

arabnews.com...

+4 more 
posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
so, let me get this straight. If Mexico were to shoot a rocket into Texas, y'all think the US would be better served doing nothing? Talking with the Mexican government about their first strike?

Israel is no innocent but they respond when provoked, as should anyone. Hamas is shooting rockets against an enemy that is far better equipped. They're morons. Would any of you walk up to Mike Tyson, in his prime, and try and sucker punch him? Would you expect him to ask you to discuss the problem or would you expect him to unleash a few jabs, possibly an uppercut?

I do recall an entire nation screaming for blood after 9/11. Nobody knew where to go but they knew they had to. If you get pushed, you push back, lest you wind up being pushed around.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by JanusFIN
reply to post by Retrovertigo

Good point.

There will be no negotiations, not with Palestinians or Iran. What we see here is fast escalation, witch started in West Bank, continuing with Heritage crisis, Temple Mount, and building 1600 + 400 new buildings in Jerusalem. After ""Day Of Rage" ... I think sword is turning soon to Hezbollah, Syria and Iran.

One sad but educational story from mindset of Arabs these days - Honorable death is to be killed by Israeli bullets:

Heartbroken Saudi seeks 'honorable death' on Israeli border

arabnews.com...

I agree Janus

As you've said, there has been one small or medium sized "incident" after another recently in that region, and it does seem as if collectively those incidents are leading to something big...

Whether that's Israel going in and steamrolling the Palestinians with white phosphorous like they did last year or whether its Hamas and Hezbollah collectively launching on Israel I'm not sure...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join