It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the Highest Frequency you can Hear? 20hz - 20khz Test.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by jinx880101

If anyone can direct me to that 62htz sound file, I would be really grateful.

At 37 years, I was able to hear from 20 hz and I lost the sound at 12hz. Unfortunately, as a semi-professional bass player, I've been standing next to crash cymbals for the last 25 years. Boo.

Incidentally OP, here is a link to a tone generator. You can program it to any frequency and output to a wave file.

tonegen

and for further information on healing tones, have a look at this about the solfeggio frequencies link

kind regards,
Tamale

[edit, worst quote formatting ever]
[edit on 23/01/2010 by jinx880101]

[edit on 17-3-2010 by Tamale_214]

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I could hear from 20hz to 18khz in a silent environment but the quality of this test is highly mediocre as I could hear fluctuating background noises mixed with the ascending frequencies. I suspect the use of a poor software or the YouTube compression or the combination of the two.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by WickettheRabbit
Keep in mind, all you listeners, that your speakers might be just as limiting as your ears.

Most home computer speakers and headphones won't actually be able to reproduce the lowest lows and highest highs. My Sennheisers do a fine job for most things, but I don't trust them lower than 30Hz.

Plus if you have a multi speaker system like a 2.1 or 5.1 you might get some weird effects because of the systems crossovers. The proximity to walls, glass, carpet, and tapestries can also effect the results. Audio enhancement programs such as SRS can also effect results because they manipulate the phase of sounds. A lot of things can effect the sound you hear.

Some audio engineers also swear your hearing can be effected by the amount of dairy and caffiene in your diet. I've even known a few that swear they can tell a difference in their hearing based on hair length or facial hair.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by D1ss1dent

that's most likely beating. Maybe the tone generator had a kind of release setting that was causing beats unintentionally.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Thanks for posting this Op. I'm 31 and got to 18khz, I wonder how many people can hear the whine CRT displays emit.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
30y/o I heard all the way 20hz to 19khz thought i heard something at 20khz but wasnt sure i heard pitch from my monitor and fridge.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
There's an abnormal fluctuating background noise which totally invalidate the test so you guys should not rely on it. If you're serious about testing your ears, seek for an audiologist.

[edit on 17-3-2010 by D1ss1dent]

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silverado292
Thanks for posting this Op. I'm 31 and got to 18khz, I wonder how many people can hear the whine CRT displays emit.

32, and I got to 17khz. (Have fun next year when you loose 1khz of range, lol...just kidding). I can definitely hear the whine emitted by CRTs. I can usually tell if a television is on anywhere in the house, even if it's source has been cut and it's not broadcasting anything (for example, with a DVD player on but no DVD playing).

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by jinx880101

I have had a high frequency hearing loss since birth.

And I am not mind controlled like the majority of people.

I believe most of the mind "conditioning" is occurring at the higher frequency levels.

[edit on 17-3-2010 by ofhumandescent]

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Helpful, handy, hint, turn up the volume on the player and your speakers.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I could hear from 20Hz to 18kHz. I'm 16

Edit: I didn't have my volume high enough so I could only hear to 14kHz at first. Cool stuff.

[edit on 3/17/10 by MoothyKnight]

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I recently found a nice little app that allows you to train your ears to recognize the frequencies presented on the video. The video plays a pure sinewave tone that sweeps from 20hz to 20khz and this app here sft.sourceforge.net... plays a sinewave too but randomly any of the frequencies between 20hz and 20khz and each time it does you have to guess what is the correct frequency clicking with your mouse on the corresponding leveller.

I've been studing audio engineering for a few years now and this is helping me loads. Still i have a certain difficulty discerning the tonality between 500hz and 900hz but i'm almost there!

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
20hz to 19khz.
Though in an official test I wasn't much different, even though the sound booth wasn't soundproof, sound from the factory was coming through. Glad I'm not there anymore.

Working in the factory may have screwed up my full range, but it could also be my equipment not being that good.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
My dogs are angry with you methinks. I have four in the house. Thats funny. It would have been funnier if you could have come up with a sound that made them instantly puke or poop or something, Oh wait.. The US already has a puke beam. If you could find a link to that, well lets just say I know some folks Id like to email.
Anyway Im 33 and lost it about 18 or 19.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
around 12 khz and i'm 51 (and have diabetes, been in a coma from encephalitis). i noticed something rather strange. in addition to the pitch rising to meet the incessant hum in my ears, after it surpassed it, the pitch changed, audibly switching from midbrain to my left ear, back to midbrain as it rose to next khz (around 10), and then began to fade rapidly at 10, till it was gone entirely by 12. they say the encephalitis infection originated in the area behind my left ear and spread to my optical cortex and motor nerves in the cerebellum after that. wonder if they could use sound therapy to determine brain damage on a more fine tuned scale?

[edit on 17-3-2010 by undo]

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
All the way up to 14-15 khz, and I'm 41. If I had better speakers, who knows. Not too bad, methinks.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Me. Old security systems, dog fences, rodent repellers, ballasts starting to go etc.

I can also hear cell phone towers. Which you supposedly cannot hear. Which may be true - what I hear might not be ear-hearing. Could be my brain interpretting it as sound because it is detecting a wave function.

Anyways, like sulfur smell, you get used to it and then ignore it. However if I leave a cell phone service area, and then return to one I can hear them.

I don't know if I hear all of them. I sure hear some though. Took me a week to figure out what the sound I was suddenly hearing at my last house a couple of years ago around Christmas - only in the evening around 11pm. Don't know why then. Followed it around until I finally
saw the new tower.

Wierds my husband right out.

Originally posted by Silverado292

[edit on 2010/3/17 by Aeons]

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I have. But you are correct - there is another sound in there. The fluctuating one, and another high tone through out. I listened on more than one computer and set of speakers just to see if it was feedback from from crappy headphones at work.

Originally posted by D1ss1dent
There's an abnormal fluctuating background noise which totally invalidate the test so you guys should not rely on it. If you're serious about testing your ears, seek for an audiologist.

[edit on 17-3-2010 by D1ss1dent]

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by hadriana

I got to 18 Khz!And have been playing electric guitar for over 25 years! By the way, I am 45 yrs old. But this seems to reflect an actual audiolgy test I had a couple years ago. The audiologist told me I had the ears on an 18 year old. When I told this to my friends (who have played guitar in bands since the early '70's), they claimed that I misheard it and that they said an "80 year old". Oh yeah, they real funny ! They cant hear me 10 feet away !

[edit on 3/17/10 by scooterstrats]

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Crap, it became inaudible for me at 15 khz. Hoped for at least 17.

Though it does not come as a surprise, I have tinnitus that comes and goes, it becomes highly amplified from stress and little sleep. It is a high pitched constant sound around 10 khz or so.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join