It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the Highest Frequency you can Hear? 20hz - 20khz Test.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by RedBird

I'd like to go back and see if some frequencies make me consistently uncomfortable. We should compare notes. If you've got anything else like this, send it my way!

Awesome, I will do the same...I'm curious now.
There are tons on you tube, I will go have a look if there is something similar.

Glad I could amuse!

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
www.ensmp.fr...

Then when about this new Italian confirmation of piezonuclear ultrasound reactions in iron water?

This is the secret to alchemy as piezoelectric ultrasound fusion -- sit in full lotus and you create ultrasound -- meditation is to hear and focus ultrasound internally.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedBird

Originally posted by eriathwen

Hi

I could hear from 50hz-15khz. Im 34 with bad hearing, ecpesially when listening to men with deep voises

Heck, you did better than I did and you're ten years older than me!

Oh.. yes I can see that, wow Im impressed, mabye its not to bad after all

By the way, i didnt like the middle part either, I think between 1khz-5/6khz, felt lightely, stressed (panic feeling) like confused...or something..

SatNam

link   
At low volume I could hear 45-15.5k. Higher volume I could hear 35-17.5k. I had a lot of ear infections as a child, and mild tinnitus ever since.

link   
I heard on the low side 40 and on the high side 16.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Everything up to half way through 18.

Have one for above 19? My hearing cuts out for several, then comes back at the higher ranges. Made my audiologist make some very odd faces then shrugged.

Oh, I'm in my mid thirties.

[edit on 2010/3/17 by Aeons]

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Hi

I could hear from 50hz-15khz. Im 34 with bad hearing, ecpesially when listening to men with deep voises

By the way, i didnt like the middle part either, I think between 1khz-5/6khz, felt lightely, stressed (panic feeling) like confused...or something..

SatNam

Yes, exactly. A sudden feeling of disorientation and distress.

That's very strange to me, not just that this effect happened, but that the frequency range responsible seems to cause others distress as well.

If 62kHz is the frequency of a healthy human, I wonder what 1-6 kHz is!

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Kinda off topic, but interesting none the less.
Not sure how many hz though.

And before there is a whole bunch of arguing...here is the description-

OK, first of all I had no idea this video was going to be this popular. Pretty exciting stuff. Anyways, there's alot of arguing on here about sound in space. Obviously sound needs a medium to pass through, to vibrate through so that it can carry the sound waves. Space has no air, and therefore cannot project sound in audible wave form. As it says in the description, these sounds are not from satellites zooming around the earth with a normal microphone. Sohpisticated instruments can detect the different sonic vibrations going on in the planet GENERALLY. So what you are hearing is not what it would be like if you just stuck an ear out the window of a space ship. First of all you would probably either die or go deaf in that ear for the rest of your life because of the pressure of the vaccum. What the remote sensors on the sattellite are doing is analyzing different radio frequencies coming off the surface of the earth and converting it into audible soundwaves for you and I to hear. So you're not hearing whales, you're not hearing cars or even wind. You're merely hearing the general frequencies of the Earth in an audible format.

You tube has loads of these videos if any of you are interested, just click the you tube link.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I'm 30 and I could hear from 20hz up until about 15 khz. Not too bad I guess. Thank you for sharing this!

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Keep in mind, all you listeners, that your speakers might be just as limiting as your ears.

Most home computer speakers and headphones won't actually be able to reproduce the lowest lows and highest highs. My Sennheisers do a fine job for most things, but I don't trust them lower than 30Hz.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
17Hz and im 26 just for the record. Cool test i like things like this

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I could hear up to 18kHz and I'm 17.

But seriously, don't do that with headphones in, it makes your head feel like it's gonna explode!

I've got animals so I didn't wanna play it loud. But yeah, it feels weird in headphones like!

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I'm 48yrs old and heard from mid 20 to 18 and after that I felt more than I heard and started to feel sick. It was quite interesting. Thanks for posting this!

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I am 40 and i think a sub woffer makes a difference. On my desk top i herd everything from start, to 12k ish. On the lap top, 100 to 12k ish.

Thank You

I love these threads

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I didn't haer squat until around the 60 HRZ area. I then made all the way up to the 20 KHRZ stop.
I actually thought I must be deef (sic) because I was like 'where the hell are the tones???? Then I heard my refrigerator get progressively louder...........

PS - I'm thirty7 years... not young. Should be done w/ headphone to get an ideal accuracy, I'm sure.

[edit on 3/17/2010 by hhcore]

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
[ - SatNam

"Yes, exactly. A sudden feeling of disorientation and distress.

That's very strange to me, not just that this effect happened, but that the frequency range responsible seems to cause others distress as well.

If 62kHz is the frequency of a healthy human, I wonder what 1-6 kHz is! "]

INVISIBLE!

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Ok, so I took it again, and this time I took notes.

First off, I turned the volume up, so I "felt" the vibration sooner. At about 35 Hz. But I still didn't "hear" anything until just before 50Hz.

Pitch steadily increased. But as it went up, it started to resonate in my hear, and by that I mean that I could hear my ear "ringing" independently of the sound I was hearing from the speakers. This "ringing" slowly built up in intensity and peaked at 180 kHz, before dropping off and disappearing at 450 kHz.

At just before 2kHz, my stomach suddenly had an intense butterfly session and my heart rate increased. At the exact time this happened, the sound started to resonate in my ear again, ringing to peak intensity at 3 1/2 kilohertz, and dropping off completely again at just after 5 kHz. As this happened I started to feel much better, and my heart rate came back down to rest. There was another resonation at 11 kHz, which was faint but clearly discernible. By 13 kHz the sound was a sort of "white noise" hiss or buzz, and by 14.5 khZ I could no longer hear the sound and it was just the vibrations, which stopped at 17 kHz.

On a more personal note, sometimes my ears ring and I feel intense vibrations, during periods of great elation, stress, or during what I can only describe as very "intense" situations (combat, fight-or-flight response, intercourse, very emotional moments, etc.) and it will frequently cause my heart-rate to jump, or gives me butterflies.

I now think that the vibrations and ringing that I've often felt during these experiences is in some way related to the various sound ranges that made me feel funny in the hearing test. It's almost as though encountering those same frequencies in the hearing test that I had felt before during these intense experiences caused my sympathetic nervous system to start up. Very weird.

When this ringing and vibration happens unprompted, it is frequently accompanied by intense emotional feelings which can often be quite overwhelming. I've always written it off in the past as hyper-vigilance or general anxiety. I used to suffer from panic attacks, but managed to beat the anxiety without medication (thank God). Now I'm doing much better, but I still get the ringing and the vibrations, and the feelings that come with them.

My girlfriend thinks I'm empathic, my mom thinks I have PTSD or something, but I'm pretty sure this happens to everyone from time to time. It's happened to me since I was a kid, so I don't think it was brought on by any trauma. I find the physiological sensations associated with it unpleasant so I try not to think about it.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by WickettheRabbit
Keep in mind, all you listeners, that your speakers might be just as limiting as your ears.

Most home computer speakers and headphones won't actually be able to reproduce the lowest lows and highest highs. My Sennheisers do a fine job for most things, but I don't trust them lower than 30Hz.

Please listen to WickettheRabbit, you all really need to verify that your amplifying system and speakers can actually reproduce these frequencies reliably and at the proper levels, otherwise this is a flawed experiment.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Hi

SatNam

Yes, exactly. A sudden feeling of disorientation and distress.

If 62kHz is the frequency of a healthy human, I wonder what 1-6 kHz is!

1-6k is a very important area of speech recognition and is an area that is more sensitive to the ears. Please see the Phons weighted curves here - en.wikibooks.org...

As someone mentioned, unless you are listening to this one good headphones or speakers, with a half decent sound card, then you are not going to hear the full range. There is a reason why people spend hundreds to thousands of pounds on decent monitors and headphones.

Also, please note that above 10k or so the sounds will naturally appear to be quieter (also due to the weighted curves). Most equipment that is for general use is not neutral, meaning that if you played white noise (equal energy across the whole spectrum) you will hear (or rather see with a spectrogram) that certain areas are boosted or cut. (Cheap) manufacturers do this do make music sound 'better', for example bass boosts and mid cuts so it is less harsh on the ear. This is also why studios pay thousands for flat response monitors - forum.ecoustics.com...

Also, please be careful with this experiments, as mentioned already, tinnitus and damaging your ears is not fun at all.

OP there are lots of freeware synths and tone generators around, you can easily create your own freqs.

[edit on 17-3-2010 by Frakkerface]

[edit on 17-3-2010 by Frakkerface - forgot a link]

[edit on 17-3-2010 by Frakkerface]

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Ok, this thread brought me out of the woodwork, as I have been lurking on ATS for a very long time...

I am almost 28 yrs old, and could hear up to 18khz, but could feel vibration up until 20khz.

It's possible this may have something to do with being a singer (mezzo soprano, the ones who can supposedly break glass) & having intense operatic training early in my life until I was about 18. I don't know for sure though...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join