It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A *Very Serious* Warning To Nancy Pelosi

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+27 more 
posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Another good article on health care...

I know you're not going to listen to me.

I'm going to say it anyway, because as a concerned citizen of The United States of America, I must.

You are making a grave, perhaps nation-ending mistake.

Attempting to "deem" the Health Care bill passed when it has not actually been voted on is not Constitutional. Article 1, Section 7:

All bills for raising Revenue shall originate in the House of Representatives; but the Senate may propose or concur with Amendments as on other Bills.

Every Bill which shall have passed the House of Representatives and the Senate, shall, before it become a Law, be presented to the President of the United States; If he approve he shall sign it, but if not he shall return it, with his Objections to that House in which it shall have originated, who shall enter the Objections at large on their Journal, and proceed to reconsider it. If after such Reconsideration two thirds of that House shall agree to pass the Bill, it shall be sent, together with the Objections, to the other House, by which it shall likewise be reconsidered, and if approved by two thirds of that House, it shall become a Law. But in all such Cases the Votes of both Houses shall be determined by Yeas and Nays, and the Names of the Persons voting for and against the Bill shall be entered on the Journal of each House respectively. If any Bill shall not be returned by the President within ten Days (Sundays excepted) after it shall have been presented to him, the Same shall be a Law, in like Manner as if he had signed it, unless the Congress by their Adjournment prevent its Return, in which Case it shall not be a Law.

This is the black-letter law of the land.

There are millions of Americans who are extraordinarily pissed off right now...

CONTINUED ON POST 2.

[edit on 17-3-2010 by Vitchilo]

[mod edit: clipped quoted content, added Required external source tags]
Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 17-3-2010 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   

I am quite certain that I stand with millions of other Americans who are willing to put forth whatever effort is necessary to see that occurs come November - at the ballot box - whether you proceed with your abhorrent plan or not.

But what I pray for this evening, as I complete my day and offer homage to God before retiring, is that your office, and those of your fellow Democrats who are about to violate your sacred oaths willfully, intentionally, and with malice aforethought - is all you lose.

Great stuff. Yeah. No need for a new reform, just fix the problems of the old system.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I. Am. Speechless.
Second line.

+7 more 
posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I would prefer to see all laws, new and old, challenged as to possible violation of our Constitutional Rights.

The Constitution, as in we have birth rights, not rights allowed or granted by government. The Constitution was intended to limit the control or intrusion of government over the people.

Congress views it as a minor detail, to be easily overlooked.
And, I believe most everything from the government that touches our lives today is in violation.

What can you purchase that is not regulated and/or taxed?
Make a list of unregulated and/or untaxed activities?
It will not take long. It will be a very short list.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Excellent letter! It won't change Pelosi's mind, but you have gone on
record as opposing the legislation and the process by which it's being
forced upon America.

But there is a silver lining here for Republicans. After the legislation
passes and health insurance premiums immediately increase the
40% to 70% as is predicted, the public will realize that they were
lied to by Democratic Leadership. In just 7months and 17 days,
the Democrats will be the new MINORITY in the House and maybe
the Senate too. -cwm

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
S&F for you! Excellent letter!
In watching the govermental workings coming out of Washington since Obama's inaugration, I have determine that Obama is the antichrist, Harry Reid is the false prophet and Nancy Pelosi is the whore of Babylon. LOL

Seriously, I believe that there are a few liberals who have risen to such levels of power that they believe they can pass off anything on the American people. The problem that exist now is that the American People have spoken, and the Congress is ignoring them.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Dark days are ahead! But remember, even after the darkest of nights, the sun returns to rise again - as will America... Just as soon as we get rid of the thieves and liars who have hijacked this nation.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I believe the sun is about to break through the clouds!!

We have the best of all the Governments in the world!

It is about time we help the poor!

+4 more 
posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Actually he's wrong when he says:

But all of this, while it has been outrageous and even criminal, has been, for the most part, Constitutional.

Article 1 Section 8 says congress may only legislate on 17 specifically enumerated areas of governance.

Healthcare, retirement, insurance, and banking ain't in there.

The 10th and 9th amendments further clarify that everything else is out of bounds for congress.

The banking system we have today is illegal under the constitution.

The federal drug laws are illegal under the constitution

Medicare and social security are illegal under the constitution.

Even the "income" tax is illegal because income, as defined, means capital gains ONLY - not wages on labor.

Indeed, just about everything the federal government is engaged in is unconstitutional.

+10 more 
posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by saul4paul

I love how the uninformed actually think they are trying to help the poor.
This has nothing to do with helping it has to do with freedoms and rights. And they have played you like a violin.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Subjective Truth

Originally posted by saul4paul

I love how the uninformed actually think they are trying to help the poor.
This has nothing to do with helping it has to do with freedoms and rights. And they have played you like a violin.

You are right. Don't you just love the ignorant people that don't even know that there are already programs in place for the poor to get healthcare?

This has nothing to do with helping the poor. I am 100% against any law that forces people to buy healthcare. Pelosi is out of her mind with power and is ignoring the will of the American people.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Pelosi is a joke. I almost hope they pass this healthcare bill and it destroys the nation. We need to reformat everything, unfortunately. The claws of the crooked sector and "secret" sector of the government are too deep within. It is tragic, but something has to be done. I also hope that most people on here are doing something about it rather than just ranting on forums. We always need help over @ Operation Defuse!

[edit on 17-3-2010 by inlandempire88]

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Yeah ignorant people are a plague, especially when they are blinded by partisanship.

If Obama love helping people, WHY THE HELL almost EVERY SINGLE PROGRAM THAT HELP PEOPLE IN THE 2011 BUDGET ARE CUT?

And that the military budget is increased? Yeah think about that. But of course you'll deny that, I READ THE BUDGET, YOU DIDN'T.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
And come November that effort fails? Jus what are Americans going to do? Will they pick up more cardboard signs and form more stupid TEA parties? Or will they actually pick up a gun and make a statement. Americans need to use their god given right to arm themselves and march in the streets. Why are we not doing this? Our government and people like Pelosi only know fear. The government needs to fear its people. We don't have to resort to violence ...........but we need to make it very clear that violence like their tyranny.......is ALWAYS an option.

If there is one politician that the people of the USA need to get rid of it's the (snip) Pelosi. I don't use that word lightly. This woman is antithetical to everything America stands for. She needs to go away!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 17-3-2010 by asala]

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
What if this is being done on purpose?

Think about it, they used bogus (created) terrorism to pass laws in the name of safety that actually obstruct and encroach it. And they said "the people want this"

Now, the people want health care reform and gosh darn it our government will give them reform!!!

They'll just by-pass the normal procedures in order to get it.

Whose to say they won't use this same reconciliation maneuver to encroach on our liberties some more.................repeal the 2nd amendment....and so on...

I'm sure a lot of people don't even realize this...........

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by inlandempire88

so what do people like you suggest americans do short of "ranting on a forum"? Marching? Voting? Putting bumper stickers on our cars? Writing letters to politicians? Come on tell us! Those methods HAVE FAILED and FAILED miserably.

I'll tell you what the hell I AM doing..........I'm using just about every last penny to arm myself to the teeth...........stock pile food and completely make my life independent from mainstream society and the government. The time for talk and tea parties is over!!!!!!!!!!!! If Americans want to take back their lives and their country states and local communties are going to have to usurp their power from the Federal Government........and the Federal government is hardly going to go quielty into the night if that happens. There are a lot of brainwashed zombies working for the government who will have no problem turning on their fellow Americans. The US military, local police forces, FBI, CIA, etc.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by carewemust
Excellent letter! It won't change Pelosi's mind, but you have gone on
record as opposing the legislation and the process by which it's being
forced upon America.

But there is a silver lining here for Republicans. After the legislation
passes and health insurance premiums immediately increase the
40% to 70% as is predicted, the public will realize that they were
lied to by Democratic Leadership. In just 7months and 17 days,
the Democrats will be the new MINORITY in the House and maybe
the Senate too. -cwm

republicans??? WTF? Have you completely lost your mind? Those jerks need to be put out on the street too- or have so many of you already forgotten the LAST administration, Patroit act 1 and duce (smirk, snicker) questionable wars, etc? If the republicans take over again this roller coaster ride is never going to end.

BEST yet all incumbants enter the unemployment lines they are doing a great job creating. I bet you some of the rural farmers could put them to work doing what politicians do best . . . .shoveling excrement instead of ramming it down Americans throats!

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zosynspiracy
Americans need to use their god given right to arm themselves and march in the streets. Why are we not doing this? Our government and people like Pelosi only know fear. The government needs to fear its people. We don't have to resort to violence ...........but we need to make it very clear that violence like their tyranny.......is ALWAYS an option.

right, cause that's a great idea. especially with the fact that so much money goes to the military, who, no matter what the individuals of the armed forces' viewpoints are, would be deployed to stop the "riots" caused by people marching in the street with guns. and being as we have one of the best armed forces in the world, there's no way a bunch of voices for reform walking around with handguns and shotguns would be able to stand up to automatic and other various weapons (including chemical). and maybe even some we don't know about.

not to mention the fact that soooo many people in this country are brainwashed by the "GO AMERICA! WOOOO! BEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD! LAND OF THE FREE AND HOME OF THE BRAAAVEEE!" sentimentality that only a fraction of the population could be rounded up for such an event.

i agree that we DO need to stand up to the government, as it is our right, but that isn't the best way to do it. the government won't be scared and the marchers would only be crushed.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

You seriously need to relax man! First of all if everyone did what you are suggesting, the results would be so horrible you can't even imagine it. You don't have to like it but the people working in the government are Americans too, doing their jobs, many of whom don't even suspect some kind of anti-constitutional sentiment growing within. It isn't like everyone who isn't in the government agrees. Secondly, it hasn't passed, and no matter what kind of non-legislative comment Pelosi makes, it's not in the books yet. I bet she has a good idea how her Democratic majority is going to vote, however. Violence ALWAYS makes things worse. Don't make things worse, please.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I think this is what all the states should do if this bill is passed.
Virginia has the right idea.

Va. assembly approves bill to bar health-insurance mandate

The Virginia General Assembly has given final approval to a bill that would make it illegal for the government to require individuals to purchase health insurance, a measure intended to conflict with Democratic efforts to reform health care in Washington.

www.washingtonpost.com...

I am going to write to the reps in my state and see if they are planning to do the same. The article states that thirty-four other states are weighing similar legislation.

[edit on 3/17/2010 by Erasurehead]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join