It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Netanyahu's brother-in-law: Obama is an anti-Semite

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Netanyahu's brother-in-law: Obama is an anti-Semite

www.haaretz.com

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's brother-in-law Dr. Hagai Ben-Artzi on Wednesday called U.S. President Barack Obama an anti-Semite in an interview with Army Radio.

"It's not that Obama doesn't like Bibi," he referring to Netanyahu using his nickname. "He doesn't like the nation of Israel."

Netanyahu was quick to distance himself from Ben-Artzi's remarks, saying he completely disagrees with his brother-in-law.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   

He went on to say that Obama's anti-Semitism stems from years of indoctrination by controversial preacher Rev. Jeremiah Wright, whom Obama distanced himself from during the election campaign.

"When there is an anti-Semitic president in the United States, it is a test for us and we have to say: We will not concede. We are a nation dating back 4,000 years, and you in a year or two will be long forgotten. Who will remember you? But Jerusalem will dwell on forever."

Ben-Artzi added that Netanyahu is aware of his views, but declined to say what the two discuss in private conversations.

On Tuesday a group of far-right activists announced their plan to hang hundreds of posters across the country depicting Obama under the headline "agent of the PLO." The banner is already on display in the office of National Union MK Michael Ben Ari.

I laughed so hard reading this drivel. Obama should go out and tell the American people the truth , what the support for Israel is costing America in lives and $$. Tell the Truth and i stress the truth. Is there a problem with telling the truth ?

30 years ago if you heard somebody was an anti-smite, you thought, `Wow, that`s a bad man. He`s like Hitler or the SS.`

Now idiots like these accuse people like Obama of being an anti-semite. There`s going to be a whole generation growing up thinking that being an anti-semite can`t be that bad. Guess he don't mind leeching 3 Billion dollar a year out of hands of anti-semite. Talk about Mixed messages.

3 Billion Dollars a year - If only all Jew haters were so generous and schizophrenic. What Bibi`s brother-in-Law means is Obama won`t worship Israel like it was a religious cult.
Self Appointed people busy bodies who think they have a monopoly on truth.

There are real antisemite out there, really evil people, but abuse of the term antisemitism risks making antisemitism acceptable. That`s pretty dangerous and counter-productive. People like Ben-Artzi risk making antisemitism acceptable.

Why is it these days that criticism of Israeli policies is considered some as antisemitism ? The obvious answer must be that it is just a ploy to stop the criticism. Cry victim all the time and no one will listen to you in the end.

www.haaretz.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Putting aside the controversy over the term "anti-Semite" and assuming that those using it are meaning to imply "anti-Jewish sentiment", there are people unfortunately who continually link "Israel" with "Jews". It might seem like everyone that cries "anti-semite" is using it as an excuse to deflect criticism of Israeli policies. In many cases they are and I think the example you have included is one of those.

But there are instances on ATS where people are actually pushing information that is extremely critical of Jews as human beings (which of course is anti-Jewish and not just anti-Israel). This is done to other groups of people in other threads too, but other faiths are usually not so closely-linked with a country when it is done.

People with genuine criticisms of Israeli policy sometimes do themselves and others like them a great disservice when they combine their criticisms with phrases like "Jew-controlled media" and "Jew-run banks". When they use phrases like that they are showing anti-Jewish sentiment and are not simply criticising Israel.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

Agree with your sentiment. Race/ Religion should never be included whilst talking about political discussions.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
This is the typical response from Israel. Anyone that disagrees with them is labeled an anti-semite just like Hitler. It is a tired old trick that the world is frankly getting sick of hearing.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

Israel's increasingly obvious desperation is truly hilarious. It's not just Obama who does not like the nation of Israel and its policies Brother-In-Law(Whoever the # you are), it is everyone....

[edit on 17-3-2010 by Peruvianmonk]

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
For me its statement's like this that make people anti-Semitic. For a start they're not a nation dating back four-thousand years. Their Religion/myth, maybe.

Their suffering at the hands of the Nazi's lasted less than ten years but at least the Nazi's had people like Oskar Schindler, who knew it was wrong to treat our fellow human beings, of any religion, like they did but the Jews, of the state of Israel, have been treating the people of Palestine, like the Nazi's did for the last sixty years and counting and there's not a single Jew, that Ive heard of like Schindler.

With statements like this it just go's to show you that Hagai Ben-Artzi, is truly a hypocrite with a dangerous big mouth..

[edit on 17-3-2010 by mackey1224uk]

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by December_Rain

Ben-Artzi obviously didn't get the memo: "anti-semite" doesn't work anymore, the new word is "delegitimizer".

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
mabey Obama would like them more if they stopped pissing in everyones cherrios.

Nobody is going to like the arrogant bully. In fact, their gonna get the s#!t kicked out of them (if memory serves). it has less to do with religion and more with the way they hold themselves.

...not that the states is exempt from this, but it is different.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Pathetic!!!

They are turning politics into a soap opera, actually it was already a soap opera but now they are turning it into General Hospital, the worst soap opera on TV

Obama "Oh I don't like Jewish People, but let me send them 30Billion Dollars"

this guy is a

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
This reminds me of something Bush would say....you are either with us or against us

I find it funny that the media would find Netanyahu's brother-in-law relevant to global politics...I wonder what his great aunt thinks

[edit on 17-3-2010 by Aggie Man]

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by December_Rain

There are real antisemite out there, really evil people, but abuse of the term antisemitism risks making antisemitism acceptable. That`s pretty dangerous and counter-productive. People like Ben-Artzi risk making antisemitism acceptable.

Why is it these days that criticism of Israeli policies is considered some as antisemitism ? The obvious answer must be that it is just a ploy to stop the criticism. Cry victim all the time and no one will listen to you in the end.

There used to be a stringent rule, not to equate any thing to the holocaust for the simple reason that it took away from the holocaust. Like if someone said, "Wow, look at the price of oranges, it's like the holocaust." Eventually, the holocaust becomes only as bad as orange prices. So the rule was 'don't compare holocaust to oranges, there not the same.'

In the same way there really is irrational hateful antisemitism. To compare opposition to illegal settlements with antisemitism is to destroy the definition of antisemitism. When definitions disappear rational thought goes with it. What's left is irrational hate and more antisemitism. People who use the label 'antisemite' for political reasons hurt us all.

I also agree with Dark Ghost

Originally posted by Dark Ghost
Putting aside the controversy over the term "anti-Semite" and assuming that those using it are meaning to imply "anti-Jewish sentiment", there are people unfortunately who continually link "Israel" with "Jews". It might seem like everyone that cries "anti-semite" is using it as an excuse to deflect criticism of Israeli policies. In many cases they are and I think the example you have included is one of those.

The linking of Jew with highhanded taking of Palestinian land has resulted in synagogues bombed or vandalized in many regions of the world. In a similar way Christian has been linked in some people's thinking as synonymous with US foreign policy. The policy makers themselves bear some guilt for this. But there is no rational reason for Assyrian Christians in Iraq to be labeled American collusionists and suffer death and vandalism for American actions deemed destructive and inappropriate.

[edit on 17-3-2010 by pthena]

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost
People with genuine criticisms of Israeli policy sometimes do themselves and others like them a great disservice when they combine their criticisms with phrases like "Jew-controlled media" and "Jew-run banks". When they use phrases like that they are showing anti-Jewish sentiment and are not simply criticising Israel.

You're right, some of us have contempt for the faith as well as the country. That still doesn't make us antisemitic racists. It's Israeli Jews who are doing a disservice to all Semitic people, which includes many Arabs and Muslims by the way, by linking their nationality and religion to race. I'd show just as much contempt for Satanists who considered themselves the Devil's chosen people.

[edit on 17-3-2010 by Crito]

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I think Netanyahu's brothers statements about Obama are motivated by racism

I wonder. If you play the race card versus the anti-semite card, which wins?

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by belial259

I got three race cards, and two anti-semite card's... " Is that a full house"?
This has become ridiculous, I agree, Let's just make all hater's astronaut's, then we can get them off the planet....

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Crito

You're right, some of us have contempt for the faith as well as the country. That still doesn't make us antisemitic racists. It's Israeli Jews who are doing a disservice to all Semitic people, which includes many Arabs and Muslims by the way, by linking their nationality and religion to race. I'd show just as much contempt for Satanists who considered themselves the Devil's chosen people.

There was a time when Palestinian Christians were the largest group of Middle East Christians. This has been changing rapidly since 1948. The Christians keep leaving, some to Lebanon, some to US. I wonder sometimes if that has anything to do with a saying of Jesus to the effect of 'when you see the abomination that makes desolate stand in the holy place, flee.'

I can't decide whether that would be French supplied nuclear weapons or American supplied demolition bulldozers. Best not to take chances though.

As far as blaming it all on 'Israeli Jews' I think polls would indicate a majority not in favor of destructive policies. What passes for 'democracy' in Israel is about as 'democratic' as what passes in the US. The well-healed lobbies are taken into account way more than the people.

And I think Satan's 'chosen people' work most effectively when calling themselves something else, the misnomers are legion.

[edit on 17-3-2010 by pthena]

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   
It is important that these statements are made against world renowned figures like Obama . I wish they would release one similar to this every week . Everyones knows these southern Russian and Eastern Europeans are not Semites , everyone knows these white caucasian folks with no link to the biblical middle eastern jew will scream anti semitism at every opportunity , lessening the impact , lessening the value with every utterance of this bizarre accusation every time .

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

Even Jewish people admit the Jews control the media, and they are proud of it. Not anti-Jewish to state the facts eg:

' In his column in the LA Times (Dec. 19, 2008), Stein says that Americans who think the Jews do not control Hollywood and the media are just plain "dumb."

"Jews totally run Hollywood," Stein proudly admits.

He then goes on to provide a long, long list of Hollywood/media chieftains-all Jews!-to prove his point.

On his list:

Fox News President Peter Chernin

Paramount Pictures Chairman Brad Grey

Walt Disney CEO Robert Igor

Sony Pictures Chairman Michael Lynton

Warner Brothers Chairman Barry Meyer

CBS CEO Leslie Moonves

MGM Chairman Harry Sloan
www.bibliotecapleyades.net...
NBC/Universal Studios CEO Jeff Zucker'

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link