It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My UFO experience - first time sharer.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Hi there!
Well, I suppose I'll just describe what I recall and if you have any comments or questions by all means hit me up. =)
I'm not particularly swayed one way or the other - for or against, in fact, surprisingly, I am fairly laidback about this experience.
I haven't thought much about what happened on this winter afternoon because I have nothing to compare it with before or since.

I was about 14-15 yrs old, and living in a small, dark, dinghy apartment with my mother.
I had dropped out of school at this stage since we couldn't afford to live and I needed to get a job as quickly as possible.
Obviously this was a struggle without completing school to some degree and I was dealing with what was for me the usual low teen angst and depression common amongst many of my peers at the time. (can I just add that drugs, alchohol and medication were not apart of this scenario at this stage - I was very sheltered overall.)

My mum was finishing her Uni degree and working part-time nights so she ducked out for the usual evening routine of work/study whatever about 7.30pm this night, leaving me to keep myself amused for a few hours on my own.
We had one large window in the living room that overlooked a communal park area attached to the apartment grounds and a main arterial road of the city we lived in. Being winter/early autumn light failed quickly and it fell dark. I turned out the apartment lights since we had no curtains for privacy and settled myself on my knees in front of the window to watch traffic etc.

Suddenly, a small white-metallic ball thingy fell out of the sky seemingly from nowhere, it was a dusky dark evening and the city glow meant you still couldn't see many stars and had that gray pearlescent quality to it... so this ball thing stood out quite well.
It was maybe 2000mtrs up, a suburb or two away from where I was maybe?
It did some fairly typical (from what I've read) ufo manouvering, zipping back and forth a little...travelling at what seemed a rather high speed and making sharply angled changes of direction without really slowing down sorta thing... then once again, out of nowhere it was joined by a smaller red pinprick that mimicked it's movements then shot straight up into the atmosphere lost to sight then the white ball ascended sharply and was lost to view.
I have to say, although curious I kept telling myself it was a plastic bag being whipped around by the wind or something of the type... I'm not certain I can recall exactly what my impression was other than that.

So, this probably lasted 5mins... here's the part that gives me the willies a little...

I had this vague recollection of it being late, late night and my mother still wasn't home... I began panicking for some reason... and doublechecked the deadbolt on our front door then circled the flat a couple of times.
Something had me upset and I (almost from outside my head) knew something wasn't quite right.
My next memory is of trying to turn the lights on and nothing was turning on. Then walking into the living room... and one wall had somehow - this is hard to write- sort of looked like a garage door i guess without a door frame... and it just was pitch black and had a fuzzy quality to it... taller then myself and maybe 2.5mtrs wide...? Which I walked over to and that's pretty much where the story ends... as far as I can conciously recount anyway...

Thanks for reading, I'm honestly looking forward to any feedback at all... and skepticism is welcome since I need an objective point of view.
This is my first thread so if there's anything generally required of me to abide by ATS rules etc let me know.

Wagtail

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Well I deff think you saw a ufo. And the pinpoint of red light - I have seen that, aswell as blue, and they seem to be emitted from the ufo, for what reason I dont know.

Im a bit confuzed about the later part, Do you think that you experienced a time warp or an abduction?

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by wagtail

I must say very interesting story! star and flag!

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by xynephadyn

Thanks for reading xynephadyn,
hmmm... Look I honestly couldnt say for sure that it was an abduction scenario...
I do know that I didnt retrieve this memory until a couple of years later, so whatever happened that evening was passed over at the time...
I did ask my mother I think a few years on if she recalled anything about my state of mind or any changes in my behaviour that were unusual but she shrugged it off mostly... and didn't pinpoint anything specific around that time period.
What I do resonate with is a possible time loss situation here... which I think would have been easily overlooked.
Not being at school most of that year tends to run together in my mind since there was no societal routine as such- no scheduled activities that if I missed someone would comment on - where were you? that sort of comment.
It would probably have been anywhere from 20mins to a few hours at the most anyway...

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by howie82788

Cheers for the input!
Do you have any experiences you could share with me that would clarify what I saw, from your perspective? =)

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Thanx for sharing. The second part, i have no rational easy explanation for. It's not uncommon for people to have UFO experiences and then suffer, what might be termed as, a sort of fallout from it, that involves wholly weird things happening to them.

If you haven;t already read it, i@d suggest John keel... "Operation Trojan Horse".. I don't think it will provide you with an answer, but i think it might well help you contextualise the experience.

Ive recounted this tale before but worth reiterating it here, as it will give you an idea of what i am talking about.

A friend of mine, his mother admitted to me, some years ago, she had, herself, seen a UFO but never reported it. She was not the sort to ever have any interest in the subject and thinks Sci Fi, is mostly silly. She was convinced what she saw had a perfectly rational explanation and to report it would just make herself look foolish.

What made her a little freaked out was. In the aftermath of the sighting she couldn't shake off the feeling she was, somehow, being watched. As if her daily routine was being monitored by some unseen agency. Now this is not an uncommon reaction to such an experience. The human psyche, when confronted with something that seems to blow away so much of what we think we know, has a tendency to then assume, that . They are the focus of these vents and they are now prey to these outside forces at their whim and can do nothing about it. it's a mild form of paranoia, brought about by, exposure to something we have no simple explanation for.

Only in this person''s case. a few days alter she is out shopping in a crowded place when. A guy purposely walks up to her and simply says. "You were right not to inform anyone of what you saw" and vanishes into the crowd, before she can say anything in reply. Now, this wasn't some tramp, but a soberly dressed middle aged man, who seemed to just appear then vanish.

Coincidence? probably yes, but what were the chances of him saying something so relevant if he was just some random mental case? What were the chances of him picking her out , in the wake of her experience? Yes, most people might, arguably, have something they, had recently, had happen tot hem, they had said nothing about. However, it does make you wonder?

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   
How old are you now? Have you ever been diagnosed with any type of sleep disorder?

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by FireMoon

Wow, interesting anecdote there... yes I can certainly understand that frame of mind a little.
I shall try and check out your recommended reading too, thanks for that!
I might have to vegetate on a couple of other points you made and get back to you in more detail... but it certainly does make you wonder!

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

I'm 25, fairly active, very hard working...
I do find it difficult to sleep almost every night ever since I was very young- I'm a bit of a night owl... recently been drinking a fair bit but no real drug or substance usage in general. I do smoke cigarrettes though... =(
I have to say there's been no clinical diagnosis of sleeping disorders no.
Why do you ask? Are ufo situations generally linked to these sorts of things?
Thanks for posting too. =)

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing. Everybody who make a post like this (presumably honest) one, take a big risk on being bashed and publicly humiliated. So, thanks again.

May I ask if you've ever had any similar experiences since then? Not to creep you out more, but I ask because many people who report such a time-loss type of event seem to have several - not that whether or did or not is any more or less valid.

[edit on 2010-3-16 by EnhancedInterrogator]

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by EnhancedInterrogator

Thanks for the supportive opener there,
in terms of further activity in whatever manner or form I could to some degree say Yes.
However, the other experience is something that was related to me by my mother and it concerned me although it is not something I actually remember, for myself.
Odd yeh? hehe I sound like a kook!
Oh well... since you ask...
She did tell me (we were in this apartment for another year or so on from my initial tale) that one night I awoke in the middle of the night and wandered into her room next to mine and announced that she had to come and see all the little feet around my doorway...
then I kept trying to point out a green triangle that was apparently (she couldn't see it by the way) projected onto the wall over my bedhead... haha! We both concluded quite sensibly I think, that I was sleepwalking.
This is the only other Ufo-ish event I can think of...

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by wagtail
reply to post by EnhancedInterrogator

Thanks for the supportive opener there,
in terms of further activity in whatever manner or form I could to some degree say Yes.
However, the other experience is something that was related to me by my mother and it concerned me although it is not something I actually remember, for myself.
Odd yeh? hehe I sound like a kook!
Oh well... since you ask...
She did tell me (we were in this apartment for another year or so on from my initial tale) that one night I awoke in the middle of the night and wandered into her room next to mine and announced that she had to come and see all the little feet around my doorway...
then I kept trying to point out a green triangle that was apparently (she couldn't see it by the way) projected onto the wall over my bedhead... haha! We both concluded quite sensibly I think, that I was sleepwalking.
This is the only other Ufo-ish event I can think of...

Ah, the pitter-patter of little feet. So heartwarming.

Sounds to me like you might have something there. I am a bit of a skeptic, even with my daylight sighting back in the mid 70s . And, I had some post-sighting experiences that were similar to yours in that they felt like dreams. Maybe I should post my experience sometime.

[edit on 16-3-2010 by AwakeinNM]

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by AwakeinNM

haha, heartwarming - I think not... more like blood running cold!
My recall level is definitely fuzzy either way...
You're very welcome to elaborate on your own sighting here by the way. =)

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Very strange indeed!

I believe you saw a "what the heck is that!" with nothing in your brain to relate it too.

I've had a few of those myself. So, all you can do is look back on it and compare it to other peoples sightings.

Thanks for the weird UFO report!

Oh. That "door" like thing you saw, reminded me of the "door" (they call it "door) in the comic book "The Authority" They use the "door" on the "Carrier bleed ship" to transport themselves to places. Its just like you discribed!

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by RUFFREADY

Yes, strange indeedy I s'pose...
the thing about having to compare your limited experience with others,
is that the truth can be muddied when details become muddled
- cross referenced- lost in translation- or unconciously taken on as one's own story - ...
so information can seem limited or confusing when trying to sift through it all... =P
which is probably why I have never discussed/explored this event with many people before.
Thanks for your interest!
(oh, and I've never heard of this "The Authority" or 'carrier thingy bleed thingy Ship' lol =P
wonder what came first - the comic or the abductee???)

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 06:44 AM
link   
I have recently been getting less sleep than usual, does that mean that if i see a ufo very soon, it may be because of lack of sleep? PLease reply!

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Moldy

I'm not sure... people see things all the time when they have a significant lack of sleep I think.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Strangest UFO experience I saw was in the Angeles National Forrest. A lighted craft going being a hill and after my friend and me pulled off the road (11:15 PM) to check it out we saw a giant head shaped (like a cat with-out the ears' A typical gray alien head! in other words !!) cloud thing over us low out of no-where! we ran our asses off back to the car (and we were armed) ...and strangeness followed!

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by RUFFREADY

Ooooh do tell...!
what strangeness do you speak of?
And how bizarre was the cloud formation! I wonder what that was about?
I'm imaging something very 'The Lion King'esq when his fathers image appears in the clouds... is that what you mean?
hehe scaredy cats! =P

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Yeah, I guess you could say "like the Lion King" this area was very secluded and no one around. Steve and I where heading for a camp site and I was a passenger in his Mustang when I saw this hugh lighted craft float behind a hill as we were going around a mountain road.

I hollered for him to stop! turn around and go back. He did and we pulled off on a turn about. .and walked out into a clearing in the woods.
The craft was gone, but as we were looking around I all of a sudden looked up and at around 500 feet (it seemed) a giant perfectly formed "head" was there up in the sky!

Later that night at the camp site. We kept hearing strange noises in the areas around us
no other campers were near either ...it was very spooky. To this day Steve won't even talk about it!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join