It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS members have got to STOP promoting FEAR threads.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I agree that there tends to be a lot of fear-mongering here on ATS. It's not a bad thing to be fearful of things. The question is how much fear do you have?

There was a time when I just wasn't posting on ATS or anything at all for a long time because I felt like too many people here were being all doom-and-gloomy about everything... so I just wanted to go elsewhere for a while since I recognized it was rubbing off on me on other forums. I think massive paranoia should be guarded against. That's a real problem. So I agree.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Fear mongering? Paranoia? From Conspiracy Theorists?

You're serious, right?

Kind of goes with the territory, don't you think?

On the contrary though, the MORE I learn about what I think is really going on, the more afraid I become...

Part of me wishes I had stayed in the Matrix....

[edit on 16-3-2010 by Gazrok]

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I suppose you're right that it kind of does come with the territory but I think the point is that too many people let it all get to themselves every once in a while. I think too many people find themselves clinging to a theory so much and they end up treating it like dogma, so, while at the same time we're supposed to be denying ignorance there are people that end up doing the exact opposite.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
True...

I'm pretty convinced an alien craft was recovered at Roswell back in '47, but if I really saw convincing evidence (that made sense with the facts of the case), I can let go of it, for example....

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I was more thinking about all the people who talk about the birther conspiracy, or, the climate gate conspiracy, and the copenhagen conspiracy theories than the crop conspiracy theories that we just discuss. I mean. When we talk about aliens we don't produce nearly as much fear as some people do when they talk about these other climate summits.

Now their criticism isn't without base... like there has been some discussion about a worldwide redistribution of wealth from the rich countries to the poorer countries in the name of egalitarianism. But like sometimes people have gotten way too paranoid and people use JFK's famous speech now for anything that even may not be related to it at all. That's what I meant by my comment.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I have to wonder how much is actually intentional promotion of fear and how much is just attention mongering. People love sensationalism, especially when it is applied to themselves. I am sure that there are people who just want others to believe along the same line of thought as do they, but there are--I am sure--also many subtle forms of trolling and cries for attention.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by HarlequinRaven

You could be right. People are suckers for attention. But this isn't what ATS is supposed to be about. It's supposed to be about finding the truth. Too often though. I don't see people trying to find the truth, I see people spreading misinformation based on an agenda.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
What something is supposed to be about and what it actually is are very often two entirely different things. America is SUPPOSED to be about true freedom in every sense of the word. Most religion is SUPPOSED to be about the betterment of mankind.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join