It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Awakening from NASA...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Welcome John

Now stop being a tease and tell us where the alien bodies are??

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   
You guys don't even know the nature of what he would like to share and you're already asking him quite specific questions?

This is just his 'introduction'. I'm sure he joined for a reason and will share what he feels he needs to, when he is ready.

Jumping on this wagon before it's started moving? Same reason people fall for obvious hoaxes (as in people claiming to be who/what they aren't). You could just be providing him with ammo for his next round (letting him know what you want to hear).

Not saying he's lying, just that it's probably better to be cautious and let him act in his own direction.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by AstroEngineer

so, from your experience, do you suspect ETs live among us incognito?

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Welcome.

Enjoy your stay, and don't take things too seriously.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Hi, welcome.

Keep them coming (the posts).

Now tell us, what do "they" want and how many species do we have and are they friendly or not?

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by DarkspARCS

oh my gosh, am I just being paranoid or is that a threat?

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Hi John,

I have to say I'm with Ignorethefacts on this as to being sceptical as to what I may or may not hear. I do not have the connection to Nasa that he has but I joined here because I have a very personal interest in this subject and at least I can offer some advice and also examine and hopefully make sense of what may or may not be the truth.

What makes my bells jingle re this is that you have very public-ally stated you are EX Nasa and supplied the anonymous line I've heard many times and then when pressed you say you have not seen any proof.

Surely you would have known that announcing yourself as ex Nasa and creating this secrecy was going to get the very obvious questions. Surely if you have nothing of proof to offer why didn't you just join on as just 'John' regular guy and no need to talk about the job.

So with some trepidation I feel a possible list of "from what I was told" coming out.

I have no clue nor no reason to doubt you are who you say you are and IF you have something to offer then please do but if on the other hand you are just a person stepping into the spotlight for their 5 mins of fun you will be discovered quite quickly.

I know this is an odd welcome to the forum but we get many experts / loons / jokers on here as someone has already said so when ex Nasa is spoken the radar goes on full strength.

link   

Originally posted by Ouroborus2012
Wow, it's amazing to see how quickly people pass judgement and write somebody off after just one post.

Maybe your lack of experience in this field or overall desire to believe in the least probable explanation for things has clouded your judgment. But I've been around the block, as have most here. Whenever someone comes on here and has an introductory post such as this one you have to take it with a grain of salt. Plain and simple. Just do some searches and find out for yourself. So if this is strictly a numbers game, then the odds are that this is a go nowhere line of discussion. Lemme see.....someone gets on here and introduces themselves claiming not to know how the community works..that they just "woke up", that they worked for the very institution many of you believe hold all they secrets (they don't), and that in time he will reveal what he knows (although he has already admitted he knows nothing directly, so he can only pass along indirect knowledge that people "told" him),

Yeah, that sounds like we should all fall to our knees and thank our lucky stars he showed up to blow this thing wide open, lol.

I, for one, will give folks the benefit of the doubt until and wait to pass judgement once I learn where that person is coming from...

And your free to do that. And I'm free to state my opinion on here. In my opinion he had the stage and blew it. But there is no lack of people falling over themselves to pray at the alter he hasn't even built yet. Sad.

[edit on 15-3-2010 by IgnoreTheFacts]

link   
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

harsh? let's see, hmm: schoolgirls, attention seekers, jab at the old man. nah, you're not harsh at all. what even made you think that?

I take your word that you are always this friendly to your colleagues

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS AstroEngineer!

I'm looking forward to reading your input and threads, exchanging ideas & thoughts, and hope that you maybe can share with us a few interesting stories from your professional life & career!

See you around!

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by reject

I live and work in the real world. My ability to understand the real world sometimes parts the hairs of my colleagues because I am not the most articulate in the way I express my thoughts. But they don't complain because I ensure they make their house payments and have lucrative positions based on my ability to do what I do.

I am the "Dr. House" of ATS, lol.

You all can hide behind what you want to believe, I choose instead to hide behind reality. When I am wrong, I am wrong. And when I am wrong, I rest assured that I was wrong despite siding with the numbers and the most logical outcome. So...I am not wrong often. But it happens, and I wish it would happen more often to be honest with you, because I don't learn anything when I'm right. Read this twice and carefully understand what I am trying to tell you here...

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Is it true that astronauts eat breakfast upside down?

[edit on 15-3-2010 by Son of Will]

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by reject
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

harsh? let's see, hmm: schoolgirls, attention seekers, jab at the old man. nah, you're not harsh at all. what even made you think that?

I take your word that you are always this friendly to your colleagues

Whilst you may think his reply was a tad brisk we have to face facts, this isn't a popularity contest, while it's not our place to go out and be rude just for the fun of it, this place is about proving what is put in front of you.

When credentials like that are provided I think it's fair to question them and if there's a purpose to them.

[edit on 15-3-2010 by Mclaneinc]

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   
I find it interesting that someone who claims to have worked for NASA thinks that they are in any way shape or form being anonymous on the internet because they choose a user name that is not their given name.

seriously, if you are that worried about your relationship with your employer I wouldn't bother to continue using the internet to slag them if that is your intention as you go about redeeming your soul.

Just a heads up if you are not yet familiar with how TCP/IP technology works and gets logged at servers.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by camelian

And what does one sound like when they've worked for nasa for 20yrs. Just curious..

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Last time I saw someone one here say I will reveal what I know at a certain time that is not now, he posted essays telling people that the enlightened would know what he was saying and gave biographies about himself, and all the things he accomplished, and then one day said he was leaving and blah blah blah. Ill try to find his name. Just saying Astro and this guy sound very much alike. very eloquent, intelligent, promises things, hides identity. Classic above top secret fraud. I say people stop humping this guys leg and see what he brings.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   

I must say that I have seldom read anything on ATS that is so well written, and I look forward to reading more. That having been said, perhaps you could give us a specific instance where you now wish that you would have been a little more curious about one of the "peculiar" things you witnessed or were made aware of. This hopefully will allow you to share some information with us while maintaining a comfortable level of anonimity (as much as is possible in this day and age).

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I agree with some of the posters. This is a very well written OP. I flagged him partly because it's a well written OP, and because I think he's for real. Time will tell.

Welcome to ATS AstroEngineer.

If you are for real, there will be TONS of questions for you on ATS

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts

Originally posted by Ouroborus2012
Wow, it's amazing to see how quickly people pass judgement and write somebody off after just one post.

Maybe your lack of experience in this field or overall desire to believe in the least probable explanation for things has clouded your judgment. But I've been around the block, as have most here. Whenever someone comes on here and has an introductory post such as this one you have to take it with a grain of salt. Plain and simple. Just do some searches and find out for yourself. So if this is strictly a numbers game, then the odds are that this is a go nowhere line of discussion. Lemme see.....someone gets on here and introduces themselves claiming not to know how the community works..that they just "woke up", that they worked for the very institution many of you believe hold all they secrets (they don't), and that in time he will reveal what he knows (although he has already admitted he knows nothing directly, so he can only pass along indirect knowledge that people "told" him),

Yeah, that sounds like we should all fall to our knees and thank our lucky stars he showed up to blow this thing wide open, lol.

And your free to do that. And I'm free to state my opinion on here. In my opinion he had the stage and blew it. But there is no lack of people falling over themselves to pray at the alter he hasn't even built yet. Sad.

[edit on 15-3-2010 by IgnoreTheFacts]

Interesting "IgnoreTheFacts"... I'm not entirely sure how welcoming a member who merely stated that recalling past experience in a job (whether it's "NASA" or not.. whom I agree, has zero credibility) constitutes a barrage of instantaneous insults and slams. There was no mention of WHAT he was talking about of any sort. For all we know, he realized that men stand up to pee because he never knew that.

I also find your response belittling and no different than what you are arguing against. Your very response to me and remarks of "perhaps has clouded your judgement" may appeal to your ego but makes you appear to others as if YOU are the one with the answers and we should honor your opinion over what the author of the thread says. It's no different. So, i'm not impressed and thumbs down to that.

And yes, I AM "free to do that" just as you are as I never said anybody was not free to pass judgement. I simply stated that I give benefit of the doubt as to learn more and THEN pass judgement. Perhaps if you are the know all of this site than you should not have clicked the link to the thread. As far as people "praying at the altar" over this thread, maybe i've been reading a different thread but, I've mostly seen responses of "welcome john".

I, for one, am here to read what people have to say.... regardless of what that may be.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join