It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do I know a Fascist?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I know everyone has their own political choices and I do not wish to change anyones choices, but I believe my best friend is a Fascist. I am not lying or distorting the meaning of Fascism, I would just like to know from people who know something about politics.

Here are some of his statements:

*Do not allow gay marriage because homosexuality is a choice and marriage is intended to be 1 man and 1 woman to continue the human existence.
*Government should extend the welfare state to that of Sweden.
*Government should take control of many of the means of production and banks.
*Capitalism is evil and destroys morals.
*Government should regulate our society to preserve American culture.
*We should not allow any non-white foreigners and possibly send all blacks, mexicans and muslims back to their countries of origin.
*Christianity should be placed back into public life.
*We should stop the civil rights amendment and women's suffrage, America has certain customs we should uphold.
*We should stop trading with other countries except for the necessities.
*We should only have a national guard and stop all foreign military bases.
*Leave all international organizations and trade agreements.
*Support the British National Party and French National Front.

I don't know what to think about this. I do not want to stereotype him so can anyone help me out?

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Obama, biden, pelosi, and many more. Hey and since they want to model everything after what Europe is ding why'd we fight the brits in the first place.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Greetings. Here's a link to an article by scholar named Dr. Lawrence Britt, who has studied fascism and created a list of things that identify Fascism. I hope it helps. www.rense.com...
Edit: fore speling

[edit on 07/17/2009 by Mumbotron]

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mumbotron
reply to post by Misoir

Greetings. Here's a link to an article by scholar named Dr. Lawrence Britt, who has studied fascism and created a list of things that identify Fascism. I hope it helps. www.rense.com...
Edit: fore speling

[edit on 07/17/2009 by Mumbotron]

Thanks for the info

That actually sounds like the Republican Party. I guess my friend isn't a Fascist, I would still like to know what he is though.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

How on Earth can anyone say or come to the conclusion that the welfare state of Sweden is Fascism?

The social welfare politics of our European countries were implemented by the 'European Social Democrats' which are more of a center-left party than leaning towards any form of Fascism.

Look at every democracy index on the net for an example, Sweden is always in the TOP 3 about Government transparency, freedom of the press, the right to protest, quality of life etc.

Your friend sounds more like a Neocon to me

But I can agree that with the current regime in the EU we have seen more tendencies of fascism rising, telecommunication Surveillance Laws, incresed Surveillance and what not - but actually, all of this started and are Increasing because of 911 and the phony WarOnTerra.

Edit: Some clarification.

[edit on 15-3-2010 by Chevalerous]

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Chevalerous

I did not say Sweden was Fascist, I said he supports a welfare state like that of Sweden. I know Sweden is not at all Fascist, they are the most democratic country in the world and they have one of the best overall standard of living and least invasive and corrupt government.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
I don't know what to think about this. I do not want to stereotype him so can anyone help me out?

help you out? he's your friend, you know him, you know his beliefs. why do you need to label him and stuff him into a pigeon hole that doesn't really fit?

he believes what he believes, attaching a title like "fascist" just makes it harder for you to understand each other.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

hes a bit of stalinist and a statist , alongside being somewhat racist .

don't worry , the best managers in the private and public sector , have some or many characteristics of stalinists

top topics

join