It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Church Sex Abuse Scandal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Church Sex Abuse Scandal

www.huffingtonpost.com

Germany's sex abuse scandal has now reached Pope Benedict XVI: His former archdiocese disclosed that while he was archbishop a suspected pedophile priest was transferred to a job where he later abused children.

The pontiff is also under increasing fire for a 2001 Vatican document he later penned instructing bishops to keep such cases secret.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
online.wsj.com
news.yahoo.com
www.cnn.com

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   
To no one's surprise, I guess, Vatican sex scandals go right on up to the Pope.

There's indication the pope was involved in transferring clergy even with knowledge of past abuse ... though this seems to be in regard to his positions while posted in Germany. He also is accused of systematic attempts to cover these crimes up, though in possession of complete knowledge of them.

www.huffingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 3/13/2010 by Hadrian]

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Hadrian

There's indication...

There's indication that ALL participants of organized religion are ignorant beyond belief...but hey.

And cover ups are as common as choir boys losing their dignity...but you know what..? Business is good, so the system remains in place as do the guilty parties.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hadrian
To no one's surprise, I guess, Vatican sex scandals go right on up to the Pope.

And, yet, I see no indication in this story that the Pope is directly involved with sex scandals at all.

Here's the most competent answer from the Vatican that I've seen in response to the spate of sex scandals and and homosexual scandals and pedophilia scandals within the Church.

Satan is at Work in the Vatican, says Chief Exorcist

Satan at Work In Vatican, Says Chief Exorcist

Father [Gabriele] Amorth made headlines this week by suggesting that those who had “given in to Satan’s temptations” included paedophile priests and even some cardinals and bishops who paid only lip service to the Gospels.

The growing crisis over the clerical sex abuse now engulfing Pope Benedict XVI and the Vatican, he said, was the work of Satan, who had even “infiltrated the Vatican corridors”.

Is the sex abuse crisis really due to the Devil? “Oh yes. All evil is due to the intervention of the Devil, including paedophilia.”

And the Vatican? “Legions of demons have lodged there. The majority of those in the Vatican do good work. But Pope Paul VI talked about the ‘smoke of Satan’ infiltrating the Vatican as long ago as 1972. Satan sets out to damage the leadership of the Church — and of politics, industry and sport, for that matter.”

Which is the perfect and most proper answer, coming from the Church.

I know a LOT of Catholics who believe that Satan infiltrated the Vatican ages ago, that the entire Roman Catholic Church is Satanic. Which is why we see these scandals of homosexual pedophelia within the Church itself, right.

Not because Christianity is bad or wrong, but because the Catholic Church is a Satanic edifice.

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 3/13/2010 by Doc Velocity]

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Velocity
And, yet, I see no indication in this story that the Pope is directly involved with sex scandals at all.

I don't think the allegation (at least at this point ... ) is that he was involved in any sex acts. The issue (and it's not an allegation, it's presented as a statement of fact) is that he did specifically write instructions to keep information related to sexual abuse clandestine. That's direct involvement.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Hadrian

This was discussed here back in 05 when the current pope used his newly granted "head of state" diplomatic immunity to avoid court:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The links are now dead but there are a few leads for you to follow.

[edit on 13-3-2010 by riley]

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by riley

This was discussed here back in 05 when the current pope used his newly granted "head of state" diplomatic immunity to avoid court:

Yes, those links were mostly dead, but one appeared to reference the previous pope and/or is referring to matters within the United States.

The article I posted, as it states, is in reference to news that occurred yesterday morning involving admissions from the current pope's previous diocese that covering up of sexual abuse had occurred under his watch while he was archbishop (in Germany) and it stresses, additionally, that some are pressuring the Vatican regarding specific measures Pope Benedict had made in the past to specifically obfuscate the investigation of sexual abuse.

This is about a news item that occurred on 3/12/10, not in 2005 though they may reference similar material.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Hadrian

I was not disagreeing with you.. but it does have to do with the same document the guardian exposed. Hopefully his past will finnally catch up and bury him.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 03:10 AM
link   
yes, it is new development on a previous issue.

i'm not inherently for or against this particular pope, but that is the interesting part about this story to me: his past catching up to him. not because i, specifically, think his past will or will not catch up with him, or if it even should, but because i find it interesting that there seems to be a story there and he's ... well, the head of the catholic church.

i would imagine if i was a catholic and believed these issues to be valid it would be incomprehensible that things are ok. i mean you would think the vatican would adhere to an "avoid all appearances of impropriety" stance, but clearly that is not the case. it seems pretty accepted that it's common belief that the catholic hierarchy either condones or participates in sexual abuse of children. and not in some ways, but in others, that blows my mind.

[edit on 3/13/2010 by Hadrian]

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 03:52 AM
link   
The only solution is to bar the Roman Catholic Church from having any contact what-so-ever with children, effective immediately.

Yes, I know, that is an extreme position and virtually impossible to implement. I also know that the vast majority of Roman Catholic employees, whether Priest, Nun, or Lay are trustworthy, dedicated, and principled people.

However, the organizational hierarchy has demonstrated beyond all shadow of a doubt that they are not just completely incapable of dealing with the problem, they are completely unwilling to deal with it in any effective, lawful, and compassionate manner. They have, in my opinion, abused the good will of their 'flock'. That abuse is more than egregious enough that they should forfeit their privileged status as educators and counselors of our children.

The Roman Catholic Church is not the only religious organization with this trouble either; the Anglican Church is not too far behind.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by happygolucky
reply to post by Hadrian

There's indication...

There's indication that ALL participants of organized religion are ignorant beyond belief...but hey.

And cover ups are as common as choir boys losing their dignity...but you know what..? Business is good, so the system remains in place as do the guilty parties.

I say this as a member of an "organized religion":

Unfortunately, happygolucky has a point, though I do disagree that we're all ignorant beyond belief. Nevertheless, keeping the image clean--no matter the rot underneath--has lamentably become more important to many (if not most) clergy I've personally run into (in my own religion).

Yet, the faithful keep coming, so the corrupt remain in power so long as accountability doesn't take place. Personally, I have no patience for those who abuse anyone--especially kids.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 04:41 AM
link   

i would imagine if i was a catholic and believed these issues to be valid it would be incomprehensible that things are ok. i mean you would think the vatican would adhere to an "avoid all appearances of impropriety" stance, but clearly that is not the case. it seems pretty accepted that it's common belief that the catholic hierarchy either condones or participates in sexual abuse of children. and not in some ways, but in others, that blows my mind.

With all the crimes commited by the catholic church they've never been concerned with being immoral.. and it's only in the last few decades that they've worried about looking immoral. I'm not sure why he's got diplomatic immunity as he's basically head of state and the CEO of one of the world's largest companies. The rat that guards the cheese.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by riley

I'm not certain why the Pope has diplomatic immunity, but if he is aware of corruption in his organization (that is, either the Vatican or the Catholic Church in general), I would think good church policy would coincide with good business policy: if a good percentage of your employees are abusing children, you fire them, strap them to a chair, and throw the book directly at their head.

Er, you weed them out of your organization and ensure they're prosecuted...

[edit on 13-3-2010 by Beinion]

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 05:32 AM
link   

he did specifically write instructions to keep information related to sexual abuse clandestine. That's direct involvement.

You're absolutely right! He may as well have dicked those kids himself. Thanks for pointing that out, and I agree, it is SATANIC influence in the Church.

This still does not despoil Christianity.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Velocity

he did specifically write instructions to keep information related to sexual abuse clandestine. That's direct involvement.

You're absolutely right! He may as well have dicked those kids himself. Thanks for pointing that out, and I agree, it is SATANIC influence in the Church.

This still does not despoil Christianity.

— Doc Velocity

I agree that one facet of a religion's involvement in immoral activity should not reflect on the religion as a whole. It's interesting that if a pastor commits adultery, almost always, he's stricken from the church and at the very least loses his position as pastor of that flock.

You would think that the Vatican as a whole would truly question the judgment of a man who gave orders to hide immorality, and that his position as Pope would be in serious jeopardy.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Nostradamus
2/41- the great star will burn for
seven days and cloud will make
the sun appear double.
The large mastiff will howl all night
when the great pontiff changes his abode.

5/49- Not from Spain but from ancient France
will he be elected for the trembling ship.
He will make a promise to the enemy who
will cause great plague during his reign.

Note,Ancient France used to encompass parts of Germany.

top topics

join