It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush uses Air Force One more than any other President

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 11:05 AM
link   
And guess who foots the bill. The American taxpayer. So he's actually not only raping Iraq, he's also raping you.

www.cnn.com...

...to the $56,800-per-hour the Air Force estimates it costs to run Air Force One..

"On the one hand, the president can't fly coach," Allison said. "But on the other hand, taxpayers are in essence subsidizing campaign trips, something that goes against the grain of how the political system is supposed to operate."

The White House says it is following both the law and tradition in deciding which events are official, and thus paid for by taxpayers.

But of the more than $203 million Bush has raised for his re-election, less than 1 percent has gone to reimbursing the government for travel costs this year

At this point a vote for George W. Bush is a character flaw.

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Well of course! How else is he expected to get his coke besides taking AF1 on a drug run down to Columbia!?!

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Hey if I had a private jet at my disposal I will be using it all the time. It is for free right?

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Well it's practically free. Only a measly $56,800-per-hour to operate Air Force One.

A four and a half hour flight for only a quarter of a million dollars? Wow, where do I sign up.

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jakomo

Well it's practically free. Only a measly $56,800-per-hour to operate Air Force One.

A four and a half hour flight for only a quarter of a million dollars? Wow, where do I sign up.

Join the press corps.

They get free rides all of the time.

Oh yeah, you have to pass a security screening as well.

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Or become a secret sevice to the president.

Tax payers money so we all should have the right to use it too.

[Edited on 1-6-2004 by marg6043]

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 11:57 AM
link   
The point of contention is that he is using it for re-election campaigning, more than any other President.

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Ok, so lets say Bush racks up 50,000,000 per year in spending due to AF1

Each normal student costs $5000 per year. Based on information provided by Banshee on a decent Charlotte, NC school distict.

Thats 10,000 students for a years running of AF1.

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I see what you mean, well that is something the democrats will exploit on their campaign.

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Those versed in and dedicated to the study of the science of Economics will recall on of the basic elements at the cornerstone of the theory of Supply-side Economics is the principle of Spendthriftism.

President Bush, a devotee of Supply-side economics and its application, is a strong principled leader applies those same tested and a true principle does so in his use Air Force One. Maximizing the use of the President�s plane proves President Bush�s commitment to improving the economy and staying the course. Commenting on the reports President Bush said, �I am always thinking of what good for the American people. I�m on the job for them 24/7. �. Like all the time.�

One high ranking government official at the circle of leadership said asking to remain anonymous said, �It�s a good thing.�

White House spokespersons rebuked the news reports saying, �We should appreciate how President Bush always has our interest at heart. They pointed out to the WH Press to be aware of how �the liberal media distorts the reality� and �never reports the good stories�.

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Of all the reasons to get on Bush's case, I really don't think this is one. He's required to take AF1 for jet flights. It costs so much to operate because that includes cost of the plane over expected life, and staff pay. The president has to be able to run a war from it, even if it's a war we object to.

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
Ok, so lets say Bush racks up 50,000,000 per year in spending due to AF1

Each normal student costs $5000 per year. Based on information provided by Banshee on a decent Charlotte, NC school distict.

Thats 10,000 students for a years running of AF1.

I'd rather spend 50mil of tax payer money so that the President of the United States did not have to travel on a leased American Airlines jet. In fact I am sure it would cost even more to outsource all of the extra security and logistics etc... The better social cost would be to make it easier for 10k more kids to slide through the education system?

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 01:17 AM
link   
What Constantly amazes me is.....

Ronald Reagan was accused of using AF1 more than any other President...

George Bush Sr got the same accusation....

Bill Clinton was touted as a high user of the presidential aircraft....

and now.. Bush Jr....

Something tells me that folks pay ATTENTION more of such things nowdays

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 01:25 AM
link   
They were all Supply-siders.

And there were Republicans, genetically imbued with an entitlement attitude.

new topics

top topics

join