It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Firearms Fuel Controversy in Wisconsin/AP Video

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Firearms Fuel Controversy in Wisconsin/AP Video

www.citrusdaily.com

Wisconsin is one of only three states that completely prohibits the carrying of concealed handguns. It's a law resident Nik Clark abides by. Clark says he carries his gun everywhere, including the grocery store and around the house. (March 11)
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   

The debate goes on
is open carry simply an exercise in your second amendment rights or are you out looking to cause trouble?

This guy says its his right as an American
other people however feel threatened by him.

The Controversy in Wisconsin is there is one woman who wants to see open carry laws abolished all together! I'm sure there are a lot of bad guys out there who support her disarmament campaign too

www.citrusdaily.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

SO what do you all think?

[edit on 12-3-2010 by DaddyBare]

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
The worst part about "open carry to cause trouble" is all it takes is the impression of somebody else. You dont have to wave the gun around or make hostile gestures or even cough without covering your mouth. If somebody doesnt like it they can claim "oh, no I'm scared by this thing and this person I've never met".

There are a couple of these gun threads where a poster consistently falls back on "I dont like the whole tough guy macho thing" as if this poster knows the motivation behind every single act of open carry is simple grandstanding for the sole purpose of belittling specifically him.

If the world ran this way every large black guy who happened to be behind some paranoid lady waiting for the ATM would be subjected to this "I'm scared" policy and tossed in jail.

The funniest thing is that having watched the video would anyone really accuse this massive dude of carrying that tiny gun for reasons of "macho bravado?"
If anything the gun makes him look less threatening. He could pop heads like ripe grapes.

[edit on 12-3-2010 by thisguyrighthere]

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

I'm not a fan of open carry personally , I will support whoever wants to exercise that right, but from a tactical standpoint it isn't how I operate. I just hope the gentleman in the OP has some military/LEO experience because to open carry you need to have a tactical mindset and your head on a swivel.

The Blond Anti in the video (That's her name, It says Blond anti on Her DMV License I swear)
Is simply ignorant of reality , I'm sure in Hippyville violence does not exist , but the world I live in has plenty of evil men in it that are intent on doing harm if given the right opportunity. They prey on the weak , they are predatory beings , it's simply what they do.

I think the NRA in that state needs to lobby for CCW because it DOES lower crime.

[edit on 12-3-2010 by EyesWideShut]

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

This guy says its his right as an American
other people however feel threatened by him.

OK......I have mixed feelings.

1. Law Enforcement regularly carries openly, so the mere sight of a gun cannot be construed as a threat. but . . .
2. There is an old Willie and Merle song, "Poncho and Lefty" One of my favorite lines is, "He wore his gun outside his pants For all the honest world to feel." That word 'feel' changes the whole complexion of the sentence.
3. Concealed weapons are more 'polite' if nothing else, and they cause a lot less questions.

I carry my weapon 99% of the time, and in Florida I am forced to "conceal" it. I used to open carry sometimes in Missouri when it was still legal, and the open carry caused a little bit of a stir, but not that much. Mostly just some curious folks asking if I was a cop.

Now, I am reminded of the Ben Franklin quote regarding the Gadsden flag and the rattlesnake, "As if anxious to prevent all pretensions of quarreling with her, the weapons with which nature has furnished her, she conceals in the roof of her mouth, so that, to those who are unacquainted with her, she appears to be a most defenseless animal."
sln.fi.edu...

Does this state have a provision for a concealed weapon? Because if not, then the guy is carrying the weapon the only legal way possible. Missouri used to be that way. We had no Concealed Weapons law, but we did have open carry. If you got caught concealing one it was a serious crime!

In conclusion, I don't think we should ever restrict a right of a citizen, but I do think there is a certain amount of civility in concealing your weapon, and I think this guy may be looking for attention.

[edit on 12-3-2010 by getreadyalready]

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Heh who cares if that guy carries? iId rather him shoot me than pummel me into a small pile of nothing!

On a serious note open carry has its flaws... like a previous poster said you could sneeze wrong and brandish your firearm. CC is the way to go ... no one needs to know your armed.

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I'll say this...
to someone like me well trained...
His choice of sidearm and holster type send a loud and clear message.

Yes it could be he reads way to many gun Magazines still his choice says he has a pretty good Idea what he's doing out there.

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
It's silly really.

You carry a gun Concealed or open.. /shrug not a big deal.. Guns are tools.. Self Defense, putting animales out of misery when beyond saving out in the open, useing them to gether food hunting).

Honest, law-abiding people are responsible. IF someone feels threatened, CCW or Open carry, they might just draw their gun.

Oddly enough, a knife, which alot more people carry, clipped to a belt, or a pocket, or in their picket or boot, is just as leathel, and just as much a tool as a gun.

a hard target (open carry) is either an open invitiation for a fight (usually by someone not law-abiding or by someone LOOKING for trouble, usually they're asking to die).

A soft-target, or CCW, or anyone as percieved as being un-armd is like playing the lotto.. and in this day and age, your more likily to loose on that bet as well as the lotto and get shot by a CCW, law-abiding citizen, then you are to get lucky and find a helpless person.

The lady in this video is deffiently disillusioned. She deffiently needs a reality check. I pity her should something bad happen to her, but it likily will take osmething of that nature for her to realise that if she were armed, it may not have occured.

Then again, some people cannot deal with the idea of actually shooting and killing someone. I respect that, but just becuase that is their view, does not mean it's the view of everyone else.

I respect those who carry open, carry concealed, or don't carry at all. That is the best guideline to live by..

Peace,

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
That women in the video spoke like a brainwashed victim spilling out all the nonsense think of the children,

If you want to carry a gun, no problem, but as long you had training and honestly i have no idea why they bring those women like her in the video

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaddyBare
I'll say this...

Yes it could be he reads way to many gun Magazines still his choice says he has a pretty good Idea what he's doing out there.

Would you please elaborate for us simple folk.. I'd greatly appreciate furhter details on what you are reading from his holster-type and choice of sidearm.

Mostly becuase I am researching options for myself.

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cygnis

I'll say this...

Would you please elaborate for us simple folk.. I'd greatly appreciate furhter details on what you are reading from his holster-type and choice of sidearm.

Certainly... the Glock is a well tested battle ready sidearm... not a target shooter... but made to go bang each and every time the trigger is pulled...
The holster is, if I'm not mistaken, a Blackhawk Level 2 Duty SERPA Holster. Not well known of outside of tactical units. No it’s not something a street thug would know. But when making a snap threat assessment, that guy is more dangerous than the big black guy behind you at the ATM.

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cygnis

I'll say this...

Certainly... the Glock is a well tested battle ready sidearm... not a target shooter... but made to go bang each and every time the trigger is pulled...
The holster is, if I'm not mistaken, a Blackhawk Level 2 Duty SERPA Holster. Not well known of outside of tactical units. No it’s not something a street thug would know. But when making a snap threat assessment, that guy is more dangerous than the big black guy behind you at the ATM.

In easier terms, the Glock is a field tested and proven sidearm that isn't likely to fail when you need it the most; and the Serpa holster is a retention holster that makes it more difficult for a potential badguy to yank the gun from it before being clobbered by this big dudes meaty fists. The holster retains the weapon with a finger operated tab that hooks onto the finger guard of the weapon. You cannot pull the weapon from the holster without first pressing the button to release the hook from the guard.

There are many different styles of retention holsters, with many different ways of releasing the weapon. This Serpa is an excellent choice considering the quality and relative inexpensiveness of the holster. These can be purchased at my local gun shop for around $40.00 USD.

Hope that helps!

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Thanks for the information.

The idea of a retention holster sounds like a very wise idea. Which is probably a very big understatement.

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Don't ya know, it's always about "the children"? If they can't come up with logic they just tug on the heartstrings and say it's all for the benefit of "the children".

Load of crap, IMO. Kids would be better off learning gun safety and how to shoot properly. Heck, I don't even own a gun nor have I ever owned one but that chick is full of propaganda. I may not own one but I will fight for anyone's right to own one and carry one. What good is it to have one if you cannot protect yourself with it?

What happened to that pesky second amendment? You can own one but can't carry it in many places and they want to take even that away?

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLoony

thankfully here where I live now we have both open and CCW.
that is for the sake of our children as the police have even said given the numbers of them versus us there just isn't enough cops to act as personal body guards.

Got to appreciate that kind of honesty

[edit on 12-3-2010 by DaddyBare]

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
LOL! Home now and viewed the video!

It clearly states that Wisconsin is one of 3 states that do not allow a concealed weapon at all. Therefore he has no other choice than to carry it this way.

Plus, his obvious size and fitness are doing plenty to intimidate, I don't think he needs a gun for that.

I love how they grab a guy loitering on a street corner with a bottle of beer in his hand and get him to give the opinion that someone carrying a weapon is trying to "provoke" an incident. Funny coming from a shady looking character, and it makes no sense? Why would anyone be MORE tempted to have an incident when seeing that you are armed?

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Had to get in on this...

I agree with DaddyBare, his choice of the glock and Serpa say he has probably taken some firearms courses, or atleast read up on good carry options. Aside from that, the female in the video is an idiot and the reason why we have so much violence. Its her mindset that helps scum prosper.

Now one thing I had to point out that is a smack in the face to SOME members of ATS.....

Low and Behold....the man walks the streets exersicing his right to do so, OPEN CARRY, and NOT ONCE was he arrested, complaining of police harassment, etc....so to those on this site who believe the utter BS that we as cops are out to STRIP YOUR GUNS AWAY....well, sorry to disapoint!!!

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Get a guard card and a security guard badge and these same people that complain about open carry would not complain about a armed security guard.

I know this because on a couple occasions i wanted to open carry i just wore my guard badge.

I was a federal security officer and kept my security ID current for years after I left federal employment just so i could open carry.

I even had some idiot come up and complain to me about someone else that was open carrying.
Like i was going to do something.

[edit on 12-3-2010 by ANNED]

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I would like to have the option to carry open when I want, I do think CC is better , why advertise but in the summer it can be difficult to conceal.. Anyone from Mi here? please PM me..

This Ad Was Posted to Craig's List Personals:

To the Guy Who Tried to Mug Me in Downtown Savannah night before last.
Date: 05-27-09, 1:43 A M EST.

I was the guy wearing the black Burberry jacket that you demanded that I hand over, shortly after you pulled the knife on my girlfriend and me, threatening our lives.

You also asked for my girlfriend's purse and earrings.

I can only hope that you somehow come across this rather important message.

First, I'd like to apologize for your embarrassment when I drew my pistol after you took my Jacket. The evening was not that cold, and I was wearing the jacket for a reason.

My girlfriend had just bought me that Kimber Model 1911 .45 ACP pistol for my birthday, and we had picked up a shoulder holster for it that very evening.

Obviously you agree that it is a very Intimidating weapon when pointed at your head, wasn't it?

I know it probably wasn't fun walking back to wherever you'd come from bare footed since I made you leave your shoes, cell phone, and wallet with me. [That prevented you from calling or running to your buddies to come help mug us again].

After I called your mother, or "Momma" as you had her listed in your cell, I explained the entire episode of what you'd done. Then I Went and filled up my gas tank as well as four other people's in the gas station on your credit card. The guy with the big motor home took 150 gallons and was extremely grateful!

I gave your shoes to a homeless guy outside Vinnie Van Go Go's, along with all the cash in your wallet. [That made his day!]

I then threw your wallet into the big pink "pimp mobile" that was parked at the curb ... after I broke the windshield and side window and keyed the entire driver's side of the car.

Later, I called a bunch of phone sex numbers from your cell phone. Ma Bell just now shut down the line, although I only used the phone for a little over a day now, so what's going on with that?

Earlier, I managed to get in two threatening phone calls to the DA's office and one to the FBI, while mentioning President Obama as my possible target. The FBI guy seemed really intense and we had a nice long chat (I guess while he traced your number, etc).

In a way, perhaps I should apologize for not killing you . . . but I feel this type of retribution is a far more appropriate punishment for your threatened crime. I wish you well as you try to sort through some of these rather immediate pressing issues, and can only hope that you have the opportunity to reflect upon, and perhaps reconsider the career path you've chosen to pursue in life.

Remember, next time you might not be so lucky.

Have a good day!

Thoughtfully yours,
Alex

P.S. Remember this motto. An armed society makes for a more civil society!

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
The open carry to concealed carry argument has both pro's and con's, but the biggest factor IMO is this.

As a cop I see many things first hand, and one of those things is how a criminal thinks. Where this guy is going to run into trouble is by open carrying, he is basically saying...HEY, SHOOT ME FIRST. Not in every case of course as his sidearm WILL deter some criminals and they will go elsewhere, but the ones hell bent on violence will simply shoot the guy with the gun first. That eliminates their immediate threat, and also provides them with more firepower, as most will take his weapon, or atleast ammo.

So the debate will rage on, but if there are 50, 100, 200, 1000 people walking the streets armed, well then the odds are obviously in OUR favor. You may get 1 or 2...but your day will end a hell of alot worse then it started...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join