It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So, Isn't Satan the Good Guy?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by MaryStillToe

If you dont believe in the Bible you cant call yourself a Christian.

Thats like the Muslims that say the Quaran isnt correct but yet they call themselves Muslims......even though they dont follow the Quaran ...... sorta ..... goes against itself doesnt it?

When the Bible clearly DICTATES it is God's word.

So dont call yourself a Christian if you dont believe the bible.

There is also no point in discussing anything with the OP , as he will find out when he dies. He has made his choice , he was bored and posted this.
edit on 04/30/2011 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by milkyway12

For starters, I never identified myself as a Christian. Second, if you disagree with what I am saying, then you have never actually read the Bible nor did you ever take the time to actually understand the origin of the Bible.

The Bible is a book that contains many different books that were all combined into one book by the Catholic Church.

It is illogical for any person to believe that the contents a single book can impact their eternal existence without first even trying to understand where the book came from in the first place.

I mean if you really believe you will spend in eternity in heaven or hell based on the Bible you should probably know the history of the book and the religion you are following. Just a suggestion.

You can read here about the origins of the Bible.

www.deism.com...

Also, please don't take this an assault on God, Christianity, or your personal beliefs. Neither Noah or Abraham had the Bible, but they were still were able to encounter this being called God through their own personal experiences. If you feel threatened by inaccuracy in a book, then it might be safe to say that you have never truly met or understood the God that is talked about in the Bible. Some soul searching might be useful.

edit on 26-6-2011 by MaryStillToe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaryStillToe
reply to post by milkyway12

For starters, I never identified myself as a Christian. Second, if you disagree with what I am saying, then you have never actually read the Bible nor did you ever take the time to actually understand the origin of the Bible.

The Bible is a book that contains many different books that were all combined into one book by the Catholic Church.

It is illogical for any person to believe that the contents a single book can impact their eternal existence without first even trying to understand where the book came from in the first place.

I mean if you really believe you will spend in eternity in heaven or hell based on the Bible you should probably know the history of the book and the religion you are following. Just a suggestion.

You can read here about the origins of the Bible.

www.deism.com...

Also, please don't take this an assault on God, Christianity, or your personal beliefs. Neither Noah or Abraham had the Bible, but they were still were able to encounter this being called God through their own personal experiences. If you feel threatened by inaccuracy in a book, then it might be safe to say that you have never truly met or understood the God that is talked about in the Bible. Some soul searching might be useful.

edit on 26-6-2011 by MaryStillToe because: (no reason given)

Excellent point!

Many religious people have no idea what is in the bible and what isn't, because they rely on their leader/ paster to read it for them.

I find that whenever I debate with them, they no very little about the origins of Christianity itself.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12
reply to post by MaryStillToe

If you dont believe in the Bible you cant call yourself a Christian.

Thats like the Muslims that say the Quaran isnt correct but yet they call themselves Muslims......even though they dont follow the Quaran ...... sorta ..... goes against itself doesnt it?

When the Bible clearly DICTATES it is God's word.

So dont call yourself a Christian if you dont believe the bible.

There is also no point in discussing anything with the OP , as he will find out when he dies. He has made his choice , he was bored and posted this.
edit on 04/30/2011 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

This is untrue.

I believe the bible. I am not a Christian.

I am not even religious, nor do I worship any god.

The gods of the bible were fleshy beings (extraterrestrials); the miracles and blessings displayed was advanced technology and their chariots of fire were space craft., but that's another story for another day......

I am going to create a thread making the case for Satan.

When looking at biblical fact alone, leaving out all of the religious dogma and Christian propaganda, Satan was actually on OUR side.

God, however, was a ruthless egotistical murderer, no matter nice they want to dress that up.

edit on 26-6-2011 by ButterCookie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by RedDragon

The odds for aliens to exist is higher than you would believe:

IN THE MILKY WAY ALONE...........

N = R* fp ne fl fi fc L

where-

N = The number of communicative civilizations
R* = The rate of formation of suitable stars (stars such as our Sun)
fp = The fraction of those stars with planets. (Current evidence indicates that planetary systems may be common for stars like the Sun.)
ne = The number of Earth-like worlds per planetary system
fl = The fraction of those Earth-like planets where life actually develops
fi = The fraction of life sites where intelligence develops
fc = The fraction of communicative planets (those on which electromagnetic communications technology develops)
L = The "lifetime" of communicating civilizations

Frank Drake's own current solution to the Drake Equation estimates 10,000 communicative civilizations in the Milky Way. Dr. Drake, who serves on the SETI League's advisory board, has personally endorsed SETI's planned all-sky survey.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Satan is Society!

The Devil is the highest ranking Demon known!

Demons are Aliens/ET.

Lucifer was a Fallen Angel for giving us "Knowledge".

Jesus was his Son.

Christ is a State of Being!

GOD is all, is Awe!

God, Gods, and Goddesses are our Creators.

Lords are our Overseers who are to do the bidding of their God/Gods, however are false Lords!

Humans are the Domesticated Animal bred to be controlled.

Atheists are people who cannot touch Spirit, they are the Spiritless Humans.

Spirit is the voice of You from that place called Heaven, which means that those who can feel and hear Spirit should know they have already reached Heaven.

In a nutshell, that is Life!

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Sover3igN

That is some twisted logic. Did you forget that god put the damn thing in the garden in the first place? Let me ask you this, would you leave your child in a room next to a fully loaded gun? I say either god WANTED us to get curious enough to blow our brains out or he's a bad parent and is careless. Either way he's a douche in my opinion.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
"So, Isn't Satan the Good Guy?" Satan/Lucifer/Light-Bringer/Venus concept is supposed to be "good"; but for the dark-siders, if you mean the Islamic Shayteen, those/he/she/it are bad guys..

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by RedDragon

Here is what most don’t understand about the Old Testament.

Prior to the flood man had not been given the law. They were allowed to exercise their free will, and since they had been given no law they did not violate the law. God found only one righteous man, leaving man to his own ways, Noah. Prior to the flood it appears man had destroyed himself in God’s eyes. The flood was a way to give man a clean slate. Since Christ died for all sins, even Adam’s, and it can be argued that prior to Moses since there was no law their sins would not be counted against them, they will be reconciled to God through Christ and enter heaven.

From the time of Moses to the time of Jesus, notice the law was only given to one group of people, Israel. All others were not given the law. So again the same argument can be made as for the people who lived prior to the flood. In each instance where God instructs Israel to attack another group of people and wipe them out, he refers to them in much the same way as he does the people prior to the flood, spiritually dead.

We know that ancient civilizations practiced human sacrifice and worshiped objects that they built with their hands as if they were Gods. God says that these people were in essence already spiritually dead because of their actions. So by having Israel destroy these people it could be argued this was done out of compassion for people who had fallen so far away from the intended path that they were already dead. Again the argument can be made that since these people had not received the law they will be reconciled to God through Christ.

So until the birth of Christ only one group of people had been given the law to live by. They would have been the first ones, except Adam and Eve, who had been given direct guidelines to follow. You see that even when they walked with God, they did not have faith. They knew they had been chosen by God yet the still rejected him as there King and asked for an earthly King. God granted them the laws and King that they had wanted. So still it was man’s own disobedience that leads to his destruction.

Jesus brought to man what God always wanted. Through the Holy Spirit God can again be our high priest, our king. But still even with a promise that requires nothing more than the faith that God loves you enough to give you a book that tells the truth, many refuse to have faith, repent, and accept this free gift.

Satan’s role:
Prior to the flood: Lead man so far from God that only one man was found that God considered righteous.

Flood to Christ: Lead man so far from God that many nations were completely destroyed because they had fallen so far away from God that they were sacrificing their babies in fire, and had prostitutes both male and female at their places of worship.

After Christ:
Teach us to follow our own will.
Convince man that the bible and God are fairy tales.
Teaches man that Marriage and family is meaningless, Adultery is no big deal everyone does it, it’s ok to lie every once in awhile, teaches children to disobey all authority, teaches parents the only answer is physical abuse, teaches that sometimes war is the only way, teaches that what should be obscene, sexuality and violence is ok to watch and even take part in, teaches that greed is good after all why shouldn’t there be so many people who don’t eat 3 meals a day. Teaches that we should pass judgment on everyone we see so we can all be filled with hate.

Jesus Role: Teach us to do God's will
Teaches, love God and love your neighbor, even to the point of sacraficing his own life.

If not for Satan the accuser, maybe we would find the journey towards God something slightly better than the world we live in today. Anyone who says the world we live in today is a good place is living under a rock. We, with Satan’s guidance to keep eating the wonderful wisdom that he feeds us have made the world this way not God. If God destroys us he does so out of mercy. Can anyone argue that it might be a good time for God to start over?

edit on 19-12-2011 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   
He basically tempted them with promises of more power than that allotted to them by God. Basically it was 'be your own God' and even today man shuns authority.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I think "God" is a scapegoat for the weak. Leave it up to God if it's meant to be it's mean to be. Bull# grow a pair and take charge over your life. I think Satan is the one who provides us with this knowledge and understanding to take charge of our own life and gives us back our spirit and life to control our own destiny. While those high up in charge created religion to bind us from the truth and keep us in the dark and in fear of the truth and turn us Against Lucifer by demonizing him and condemning him calling him satan, evil, the devil.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Always trying to bring about an inversion, can never be trusted. Satan is the enemy of God and man. Don't be duped.

edit on 21-2-2017 by AnkhMorpork because: typo!

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Northwarden

If the serpent had not tempted Adam and Eve, then death would not have existed, either.

So because a couple, thousands and thousands of years ago ate a fruit/had sex/whatever sin you interpret they did; killing millions of babies and allowing torture/rape/genocide/etc. is okay?

Lol for a "Merciful Loving God" he sure does sound petty/spiteful.

"You two should have listened to me, now millions and millions of innocents will suffer even though they have nothing to do with you"

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Genesis 3:22-24 Then the LORD God said, "Behold, the man has become like one of Us, knowing good and evil; and now, he might stretch out his hand, and take also from the tree of life, and eat, and live forever"-- therefore the LORD God sent him out from the garden of Eden, to cultivate the ground from which he was taken. So He drove the man out; and at the east of the garden of Eden He stationed the cherubim and the flaming sword which turned every direction to guard the way to the tree of life.

I always found the fact that in this verse, God appears to be more fearful of mankinds knowledge, more so then angry, to be very telling. It seems that man able to know good and evil could be bad for God if they ate from the tree of life and live forever.

Then, another time, Babel. All mankind spoke one language and were apparently getting along. God became afraid again, and created chaos and division. Why is God so fearful of man understanding and uniting in knowing truth of good and evil?

Edit add: I am left with two options to consider: 1) The original story is a complete fabrication by man or even evildoers to deceive or 2) God may not be as all powerful as he wants us to believe. Okay one more, 3) both of the above options are true!
edit on 2 22 2017 by CynConcepts because: (no reason given)

2nd edit add: as concerning the OP's title question. If there is a Satan, then he is not good either. He deceived mankind by not telling them the whole truth...as to eat from the tree of life too!
edit on 2 22 2017 by CynConcepts because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Satan is not the good guy . His name was lucifer which means morning star or light bearer. He was at GODS side and one of the most powerful angels . Iniquity was found in him because he would not serve nor protect MAN . And he said I will not serve and started war in heaven . So basically his hatered for the human race is unparalleled. Originally HELL was made for him and his fallen angels it wasn't intended for us until the fall of man which he fomented in the garden of eden . Knowing what sin is - knowing what good and evil is . That's exactly what he wanted so we can't get to heaven with GOD . He's not the good guy in anyway . He absolutely hates everything about us because we still have a choice to choose GOD he doesn't have that choice . Hell is the second death and he wants you badly .

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Sover3igN

Adam and Eve ate from/of the "tree of knowledge of good and evil" not from the "tree of life". In fact, the whole reason they were cast out of the "garden, EAST of Eden". Is so they wouldn't/couldn't eat from the "tree of life"...."And the Lord said, They have become like us. Knowing good from evil (right and wrong)".. Let us remove them incase they eat of the tree of life and live forever" ...then it go's on. When they ate the fruit they received knowledge alright. They then "knew" they were naked. "And the lord said, who told you you were naked?"
I think a lot of folks here on ats read just enough bible so to think, they can bash it. Or use it to help in "Denying" their "Ignorance". I'd suggest reading it real slow for most people . Or stop using it. It really doesn't help in this kind of OP. As they say, Devil's in the details.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: MaryStillToe

Why is that/it illogical? Noah and Abraham talked directly with god or at least, god to them. Noah didn't build the ark because he read a book. He was told to. There was no need for the bible. A book of right and wrong for that time. God was going to flood the earth. Other than Noah and his chosen family, who was going to read it? Now that we got Noah out of the way. Let's move on to Abraham. God told him "he will BE a great nation". I'm pretty sure nations don't have "laws" or "history" until after they become great. The bible is pretty simple. So simple, that most people can't grasp it. Kind of like when Jesus said, "Suffer the children to come unto me. For such is the kingdom of heaven." Then you can go back to Genesis... "And the serpent said to Eve. (Did god really say that?) , surely you won't die? ...

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: ButterCookie

I personally question any man/mortal that puts his own name to a "solution". Sounds like you're a "believer" and have "faith" in this Drake, kind of "religious" sounding. Hope it all works out for you.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Mjc1377

You've got a very good grasp. Except for one thing. The garden was "east of Eden". Not in Eden. But, I just figured you're trying to dumb it down for the simple folk. But all in all? Very well said.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: RedDragon

Excerpts from "Answer to Job" Carl Jung

Demiurge - Wikipedia

Jehovah - Yaldabaoth

Interesting in regard to your topic, if you haven't encountered them.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join