It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do people hate Ahmadinejad?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptChaos

We'd be kidding ourselves to think that neoconservativism -- the outward aspects of conservatives, justified by a liberal rhetoric of bringing Progress to the whole world -- is anything but mental retardation, if we take it at face value. When you look at how complex it is to run a large nation like the USA, however, you can quickly see that the "ideology" mumbled by candidates is secondary to how the system works, and that the rules of power quickly take over from any dogma.

If you're the USA, you have to face the fact that almost every other nation on earth wants you to fail. You're the big guy. In a tribe of monkeys, everyone tries to beat on the alpha male. It keeps the alpha male strong, and replaces him when necessary. In the meantime, he has to respond with prison ethics: do something to me, and somebody -- it may not even matter -- is gonna pay.

This is what Iraq was about. Instability in the middle east may have facilitated a terrorist attack on us? We're going to go kick some ass, install favorable governments in the region, destabilize the progress of said region toward fundamentalism, and maybe that'll take care of the problem -- if not, it'll make any government think twice about what would happen if we did have solid information about who helped al-Qaeda.

This isn't about globalization. It's about a concentration of power, and the balance between continents: Europe versus Eurasia versus Asia. Russia, as a state in Eurasia between Europe and Asia, is ethnically not Europe, culturally not European, and while it incorporates Asian elements in both genetics and culture, isn't Asian either. It's hard to be on the fence. Russia will not feel stable until it dominates either Asia or Europe. Europe will not feel stable until it dominates Russia. The Americans know that if Russia and Europe merge, Americans will end up fighting against Europe troops controlled by the Russian majority. Problematic.

Luckily for those in power, the people old enough to remember the 1980s will be written off as too old by the enfranchised younger generation, or people of different cultural background, so no one of demographic importance is going to point out the obvious: we've been fighting WWI since, uh, WWI. We're still trying to settle the issue of Eurasian geopolitical balance.

While many criticize the Pax Americana, and indeed this member is skeptical of it and any imperial peace, the fact remains that having one big guy on top is more stable than having several people gunning for being the big guy. It may be that we need world government, and not of the moral nature of the UN, but some giant Roman-style empire that is smart enough to leave self-government to its vassal states in exchange for nuclear non-proliferation and yearly tariff. Power, after all, may not be the enemy, but the contest for power might be our doom.

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I don't think people outside of the USA 'hate' or dislike him to the same extent you do there . I think it is something to do with the way you always have to box and categorize everything into black and white absolutes in the usa. Anyone that gets in the news , the one that flew a plane into the IRS building , the epic beard man etc. they are all appraised for their likely hero or anti hero status . Then the arguments go on , until they are apportioned their good or bad status . You cannot leave them in a grey area . You do not see other people of other countries going about labeling national leaders as ones to hate . It is an american thing . But your media does not help , they do not just report news , they feel it is imperative that they give somebody an agenda to follow into the bargain, they make sure that the black and white paradigm is always followed.

[edit on 12-3-2010 by Gun Totin Gerbil]

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I think he's the funniest looking monkey I have ever seen.....and his fashion sense.....dinner jackets rock!!!!! especially with turtleneck shirts!

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
because most ppl depend on the jewish media for their information and at this time iran is in israels crosshairs. simple, i know.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join