It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Dangerous Fluoride" (VIDEO), news coverage on local CBS station in Atlanta 3/8/10

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
here's the most recent fluoridation video, in the news, from CBS Atlanta...

VIDEO
www.cbsatlanta.com...

also, here's what it said in my email from the www.fluoridealert.org... newsletter:

Remember Atlanta is the home of the CDC: the biggest promoter of fluoridation in the US and the world. Dan Stockin has struck at the heart of the beast of fluoridation in its home town. Neither the ADA nor the CDC could provide answers to the CBS news team. Surprise, surprise.

...good stuff - i'm glad to hear that this issue is being brought to light in the news on the MSM networks, whether it's local news or not!

here's the most i could find on Dan Stockin and his anti-fluoride Lillie Center...
www.thelilliecenter.com...
www.thelilliecenter.com...

oh, and why is there no Water Fluoridation board here on ATS?!!

...there're so many threads about this topic alone!! i think it's about time it's added to the board!

[edit on 11-3-2010 by adrenochrome]

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Excellent! I hope this info gets out and around and people start demanding clean water.

S&F!

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by adrenochrome

If you think flouridated water is bad, teabags make the water look like purity.

In their drive to fluoridate the public water supplies, dental health officials continue to pretend that no other sources of fluoride exist. This notion becomes absurd when one looks at the fluoride content in tea. Tea is very high in fluoride because tealeaves accumulate more fluoride from pollution of soil and air than any other edible plant. (49,50,51) It is well established that fluoride in tea gets absorbed by the body in a manner similar to the fluoride in drinking water. (49,52)

“The fluoride content in tea has risen dramatically over the last 20 years due to industry contamination. Recent analyses have revealed a fluoride content of 22.2mg per teabag or cup in Chinese green tea and 17.25 mg of soluble fluoride ions per teabag or cup in black tea.” “Aluminium content was also high – over 8mg. Normal steeping time is five minutes. The longer a tea bag is steeped, the more fluoride and aluminium is released. After ten minutes, the measurable amounts of fluoride and aluminium almost doubled. (53).”

“A website by a pro-fluoridation infant medical group states that a cup of black tea contains 7.8mg of fluoride (54) which is the equivalent amount of fluoride from 7.8 litres of water in an area fluoridated at the “optimal” concentration of 1ppm. Some British and African studies from the 1990’s showed a daily fluoride intake of between 5.8 mgs and 9 mgs a day from tea alone. (55,56,57) Tea has been found to be a primary cause of dental fluorosis in many international studies.” (58-70)

“In Britain, over three quarters of the population over the age of 10 years consumes three cups of tea per day. (71) Yet our government and the British Dental Association are currently contemplating fluoridation of our public water supplies. In Ireland, average tea consumption is four cups per day and the drinking water is heavily fluoridated.”

“The high content of both aluminium and fluoride in tea is cause for great concern as aluminium greatly potentiates fluoride’s effects on G protein activation, (72) the on/off switches involved in cell communication and of absolute necessity in thyroid hormone function and regulation.”

www.thyroiduk.org.uk...

Plenty more sources if you do the digging.

I am beginning to think the whole water argument is just a smokescreen to be completely honest as teabags dwarf the water content.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

Herbal teas appear to be safe.
As long as you dont fall into a hole in the ground.

www.scielosp.org...
ABSTRACT

OBJECTIVE: To evaluate fluoride and aluminum concentration in herbal, black, ready-to-drink, and imported teas available in Brazil considering the risks fluoride and aluminum pose to oral and general health, respectively.
METHODS: One-hundred and seventy-seven samples of herbal and black tea, 11 types of imported tea and 21 samples of ready-to-drink tea were divided into four groups: I-herbal tea; II-Brazilian black tea (Camellia sinensis); III-imported tea (Camellia sinensis); IV-ready-to-drink tea-based beverages. Fluoride and aluminum were analyzed using ion-selective electrode and atomic absorption, respectively.
RESULTS: Fluoride and aluminum levels in herbal teas were very low, but high amounts were found in black and ready-to-drink teas. Aluminum found in all samples analyzed can be considered safe to general health. However, considering 0.07 mg F/kg/day as the upper limit of fluoride intake with regard to undesirable dental fluorosis, some teas exceed the daily intake limit for children.
CONCLUSIONS: Brazilian and imported teas made from Camellia sinensis as well as some tea-based beverages are sources of significant amounts of fluoride, and their intake may increase the risk of developing dental fluorosis.

Keywords: Fluorine, analysis. Aluminum, analysis. Beverages, analysis. Fluorosis, dental. Tea-based beverages.

[edit on 11-3-2010 by RRokkyy]

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 06:18 AM
link   
I need to put this information here, it should never be forgotten.

There have been 2 public attempts of suppression of fluoride hazard research/reporting.

Both occurred at Harvard, the Ivy League university.

Both had Colgate Palmolive behind as the culprit.

1st incident happened to Phyllis Mullenix, a toxicologist working at Forsyth, a respected dental laboratory.

Her research into fluoride neurotoxicity was at risk of being squashed. After she told her superiors at Forsyth, they tried to force her to reveal which journal accepted her study for publication.

They did not succeed, and the study published in 1995.

But after publishing, she was fired from Forsyth.

It came out that Colgate Palmolive paid 250,000 or a million quarter to fire her.

---

2nd incident happened to Elise Bassin, who found a link between the osteosarcoma type of bone cancer and fluoride exposure.

She wrote her PhD thesis and published a condensed report in 2006.

Her PhD thesis advisor, Chester Douglass, tried to deny/downplay the link with a commentary on the same journal issue.

He was later found to have conflict of interest and ties to Colgate Palmolive, a toothpaste manufacturer and main pusher of fluoride.

[edit on 13-3-2010 by jjjtir]

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   
This is something I have been banging on about for years! Fluoride IS a toxin with NO health benefits at all. Finally people are starting to wake up!

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I went to the dentist not long ago for the routine cleaning. I am on record as not wanting any fluoride treatment so they know to use the alternative pumice treatment. It's never been a "problem" but they sure do like to try and convert me back to fluoride with side comments here and there that I usually parry to keep the peace.

Anyway, this last visit a new dental assistant really tried to lay it on thick...She started off with the ole holy grail of cavity prevention bit, and I agreed with her that fluoride may prevent cavities. She seemed satisfied to gain my compliance, at which point I swept the rug out from underneath her feet and said "I'm fairly certain it prevents intelligence too... She laughed unconvincingly and said "what kind of conspiracy theories have you been listening to?" I said, "all the good ones!" hoping to soften the mood and end the dialogue. But alas, it didn't work and she continued her pursuit from a different vector hoping to convert me back to the rich and wonderful world of fluoridism.

It was one of those experiences where you couldn't quite tell if they were genuinely misinformed or thought you were an idiot because she tried to tell me that sodium fluoride was on the periodic table and was a naturally occurring substance....even in broccoli!! lol

I assumed she was out of her lane and confused fluorine with fluoride. I immediately informed of this, to which she replied with 100% confidence, "I'ts absolutely on there when you get home look it up!" Even then when they refer to "fluoride" they aren't referring to just fluoride they are referring to "sodium fluoride" which obviously, also is not on the periodic table.

edit on 14-9-2018 by Sly1one because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join