It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dollar Implosion Imminent

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Are you being passive aggressive or something?! Obviously the paper I was referring to is what you refer to as a letter. How could you not put that together

Also, the site you link is filled with mounds of bs as well.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

I'm probably the most positive person on this board, so yeah

Not that my opinion matters or yours in reality.

[edit on 13-3-2010 by GreenBicMan]

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnemeth1

Keep thinking that.

The people will not stand for a third war of aggression.

Not only that, but I think it is a mistake to think the US Army, no matter how powerful, acts for "US" interests. It acts for corporate interests, and if they do not need to be tied to the dollar, for whatever reason, our military will not be sent out to protect the dollar.

The war in Iraq was not in the interest of the American people. It was in the interest of multi-national oil companies, some of whom have sway over the US government. Dont confuse the puppets with the puppeteers. Our government acts at the behest of large financial interests. Not the interests of the average US citizen.

When and if the dollar tanks it will do so because these interests have found another safe haven for their wealth, and we the people will be left holding the worthless paper they used until they did so. Our military will then protect these same financial giants against any threat to them and their new currency of choice.

Even if Americans are the ones who are the threat to those interests.

Our government and our military does not serve us. It serves them. You only think it serves "us" because it has been part of their necessary strategy to pretend to be part of "us" while they gutted our democracy. (Which could only be accomplished without war from within.) When they are finished turning our Constitution into a piece of toilet paper, you will see that they are NOT "us" and that our military is at THEIR beck and call.

And mind you, I am not blaming our service men and women. When the time comes for you to turn on your own country and your own people, you will be told a very plausible story about "us" being the enemy. I dont think you are bad, I just think the game they play is very old, and it works very well.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreenBicMan
I wish I was compensated for putting information on these boards. Definately wouldn't have a broken down hyundai in the driveway....

First thing to look for when interviewing prospective brokers/financial advisers

But on a sober note...nobody really gets proactively serious about protecting their capital until they've been caught HARD on the wrong side...at least once...typically more than once.

So who knows ?

The guy with the broke-down Hyundai could be the next Livermore.

Of course this rule doesn't apply to ATS-marketeers...seems we're all perennial winners here

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
bloomberg:

March 15 (Bloomberg) -- The U.S. and the U.K. have moved “substantially” closer to losing their AAA credit ratings as the cost of servicing their debt rose, according to Moody’s Investors Service.

No kidding Moody's

Way to state the obvious.

Of course, the criminals at Moody's still haven't reduced the AAA rating, which is a joke in itself. They are issuing all these warnings yet taking no action to protect their investors by issuing the real rating the US deserves.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

Why shouldn't we have a AAA rating?

What other countries would you rate above us currently? The USA has never missed a payment and is backed by the full credit and faith of the US Gov. What other market with that liquidity can you put billions of dollars to work that efficiently? Your avatar should be a "F" for FAIL instead of "A".

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreenBicMan
reply to post by mnemeth1

Why shouldn't we have a AAA rating?

What other countries would you rate above us currently? The USA has never missed a payment and is backed by the full credit and faith of the US Gov. What other market with that liquidity can you put billions of dollars to work that efficiently? Your avatar should be a "F" for FAIL instead of "A".

Well for starters I wouldn't be comparing the US to anyone in order to determine what the credit rating should be.

I'd be looking at the historical evidence that Greenspan used to determine the indicators of a sovereign default.

Of course, if I did that, the US would be at a CCC

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Sigh, this will never happen. They wouldn't let it happen. They are too greedy to fall off their perch, they'll always find a way to get out of any tough situations. I really don't see any cause for alarm right now, the market is pretty steady. Lots of recovery going on. Slow, but still recovering. Should be a decent year. Heres some proof that things are improving.

money.cnn.com...

Lets stop crying wolf shall we?

[edit on 15-3-2010 by xxshadowfaxx]

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I'm reading all these posts about the dollar, and listening to all the reasons why the dollar will gain in the index, or decline. Many different opinions about the effects of the bond market on our economy.

Here's my slant on things. it doesn't take any kind of genius to understand we are in deep do-do. We have already fell off the edge, we just haven't hit bottom yet. Things will get really bad sooner or later. With all the market manipulations going on, sooner or later, reality will catch up with the market manipulation. it has to happen. it's just common sense.

No matter what the reason, no matter when the time, the dollar is going to fall, and it is going to be painfull. Anything could cause a chain reaction. I'm just waiting for the last nail in the coffin. Common sense dictates that there is no other conclussion.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Looks like the head of the European Central Bank agrees with me.

Zero Hedge reports:

The ECB's executive board member Juergen Stark had a rare admission (and even rarer for a central banker demonstration of rationality) that not only are most advanced economies about to enter a "third wave, a sovereign debt crisis in most advanced economies", not only is a "timely exit of extraordinary fiscal measures crucial in order to ensure a continued recovery", but that the mentioned recovery and economic improvements are largely as a result of "massive support measures taken by governments and central banks." In other words, the whole episode of the past year has been a one-time item which most analysts would exclude from "recurring operations" yet due to the magic of the Keynesian magic wand, the new normal is expected to persists as the magical "consumer" at some point takes over the recovery from the government effort.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by xxshadowfaxx
Sigh, this will never happen. They wouldn't let it happen.

It will happen and they WANT it to happen.

They want a world bank and a world monetary system that is outside of elected government.

The only way they can make that happen is to destroy the dollar.

The US would NEVER go for that unless the dollar was in ruin.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
The current crisis in Greece & Europe is being claimed by an analyst to be an attepmt by Wall Street and bankers to distract the attention away from the collapse of the US $, and focus on Europe instead.

William Engdahl, author of "Full Spectrum Dominance", says the roots of the euro's crisis lie in the U.S.

New interview from Russian News

Kind Regards,

Elf

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join