It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dollar Implosion Imminent

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions
reply to post by mnemeth1

If we are heading towards hyperinflation, it won't be for at least a few years. It just doesn't happen over night. We were heading for a deflationary spiral, the bailouts countered that, and now we're heading into inflation. First, you will have to see double digit inflation before counting on hyperinflation to be likely. We're just not there yet.

Basically, if your understanding of imminent means within the next 3-20 years, I'd agree. Since you're saying within a year or two tops, I'm saying it's highly unlikely.

[edit on 12-3-2010 by unityemissions]

yes, it can happen overnight.

during real hyper-inflation, its just like interest compounding on an account.

it ramps up exponentially with extreme quickness.

Since the US is stuck in a revolving debt cycle, if the US was forced to monetize debt to meet its debt obligations, you could see the dollars value plummet rapidly.

While the terms of most goods priced in dollars may take a while to ratchet up, the real currency - gold - would skyrocket in price overnight and become unaffordable to everyone.

If you wait until hyper-inflation hits, gold will be out of reach before you can buy it.

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   

It's not that easy with the U.S. I know people don't like to think we're special, but we do have a huge army that ensures the dollar is pegged to oil in most countries. This, and the fact that USD is still the largest reserve currency for the world, ensures that we simply won't collapse until otherwise.

If our currency starts inflating a lot, and we can no longer afford to police the world as we please, and countries decide to go off the USD/OIL standard, and countries start dumping U.S. treasuries, and a new world reserve currency is already in place, ON TOP OF the fed monetizing the debt, then we'll be in a state of eminent collapse.

We're not there yet, and it CAN'T happen overnight. The ruling elite will not allow this to happen, period.

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Lets say I take out 10,000 in credit debt and buy 9 gold bars.

Then the dollar implodes.

I sell 1 gold bar for 100,000.

I now pay back the 10,000 i just spent.

Are you are predicting Gold at USD 100, 000 per oz when it all goes tits up?

PEACE,
RK

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
To mneneth1

I thought I responded with mostly questions, I agree some were dismisive. To your response on Irainian oil being traded in rubles, not to be dismissive, but there is so little oil coming onto the open market in relation to world wide production it would impact ICE for about a week then oil prices would revert back to normal supply-demand (+gouging by ICE). trust me, oil and their futures are what I do. If Isreal bombs Iran, the price of oil will go up, but it will be due to fear and uninformed speculation, not raw and real data about consumption and world wide supply and capacity

[edit on 12-3-2010 by jacksmoke]

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

Keep thinking that.

The people will not stand for a third war of aggression.

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by jacksmoke

We shall see.

Oil or no oil - the dollar is dead.

Even if we can force other nations to continue to buy oil in dollars, the revolving debt cycle will force monetization.

That alone will be enough to cause massive massive inflation.

There is no way around this.

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Never said there wouldn't be inflation, Can we force other countries to use the dollar, yes we can. How may bases and troops do we have around the world? how much debt is owned by foreign goverments? we have the world by the short and curlies, either by strength (we will kill you) or by desparation (we'll drag you down with us). Either way the dollar remains.
By the way, real inflation won't start until there is wage inflation, there will be asset inflation, i.e. stock market rally, but asset inflation won't affect the masses for a long time; possibly not in our lifetime

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnemeth1

Keep thinking that.

And their voice matters how? If the general public had any balls, a conscience, and a grasp of what's going on, we would have overthrown this oligarchy a long time ago.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Exactly! I notice the OP is fairly new here, so maybe he hasn't been through all this doom and gloom time and time again already. I mean, in reality the US went bankrupt decades ago. You could pin it to '71 or around the turn of the century, or many other dates.

The truth is, the game is just that...a game. The game masters keep it flowing one way or another. It will crash when they want it to. Not a moment sooner.
You're right on the money, I've been here for oh, about 50-75 "Imminent US Dollar Collapse" threads in my days here, and heck, I even used to cruise these forums and post anonymous for a couple years before becoming a member! lol

Whatever happens is planned to happen, I'm in God's hands anyways. I'm not falling for this nonsense a fifty-first time. Sorry.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by mnemeth1

Keep thinking that.

They said that after Vietnam. The people WILL stand for another war of aggression .. in fact.. I would say its more probable the people will eventually demand it, once certain criteria are in place. The US is by her very nature an aggressive and imperialistic nation.. the USA cannot and will not exist without perpetual warfare. And the people, they will openly clamor for war before long..

I mean hell .. we had terrorist hugging liberals demanding an end to the Iraq occupation .. once "their man" gets in the office.. I have not heard one god damn word about "stopping wars of aggression" .. It's all about power, saving face, and proving your opposition wrong.. no one wants peace, they just want to be the ones directing the guns.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
# World Wars were planned by the Illuminati in the late 1800s. In case anyone was wondering if there would be a third world war.

Albert Pike ~ "Three World Wars"

When Albert Pike wrote his letter in 1871 he used the terms "Zionism" and "Nazism", which of course, at the time were not even known words or movements to the world.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

So you do understand that this paper is bs, then, correct?!

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Title of Gecko's missive (OP): It's Going To Implode: Buy Physical Gold - NOW.

His disclaimer: Nothing in this commentary should be construed as investment advice or guidance or any recommendation to buy or sell any financial instrument.

Wonder what's in his portfolio ?

Anyway , here's a snip from P. Schiff's latest on the near-term dollar.

Dollar Bulls Beware

It is anyone's guess which sparks will be responsible for igniting the falling dollar powder keg. From a trader's perspective, a sharp reversal in the dollar will catch many investors completely off guard. Those who stepped off the short-dollar train will be stuck on the platform as it speeds away. Those who refused to give up their seats are in for a hell of a ride.

Full Text

I agree , and as evidenced by the yesterdays COT report , so do the large financial institutions. The commercial short position increased by another 442 contracts to a record 47, 072 against 7,941 longs.

After last weeks dollar performance...the bullish side of the ledger (specs) appear to be getting a little fidgety here...slowly migrating towards the exit.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by OBE1

What is the reason IYO for the disparity between large speculators and institutional investors? IMO you may see EUR USD strength soon as the situation in Greece subsides but there are more negatives in the EUR-zone than in the USA. Still thinking we see 1.26 in EUR sooner than later meaning by end of this year.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreenBicMan
What is the reason IYO for the disparity between large speculators and institutional investors?

I can only speculate

Bankers are better connected (smarter) than the herd (fund managers) ?

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by OBE1

Maybe it's institutions that have rode this down from 1.4x till now? Time to take it off the table etc.?

I just hate to make moves off of someone elses decisions personally. Although this is total speculation at its finest.

Take a look at weekly chart here for EUR USD - all these weekly doji's make me think there will be some volatility coming soon to this pair..

Might not post right .. here is link

LINK TO FULL PICTURE

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/585dab2ff932.gif[/atsimg]

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
to my sensibilities, the OP article by Gekko...
is a good broad view

i won't be redirected by the snapshot views of the economic situation,
which appear to say the dollar is strong v the Euro (at this moment)
or give the illusion that the ETFs have physical gold to back their ETFs
(weren't those derivatives supposed to have been backed by assets too?)

the rah-rah, eternal optimists here, must have a belief system beyond belief -OR- they are being 'compensated' to keep the playground from reacting in an alarmed fashion...

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

I wish I was compensated for putting information on these boards. Definately wouldn't have a broken down hyundai in the driveway, that's for damn sure lol.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   

What "paper" are you referring to?

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by GreenBicMan

Was i referring to you?
~ hey a guilty conscious will give themselves away ~

my main thought was the OP article (also found on the last 'Steve Quayle'. com website)
was a very good broad scope/view of what we should expect in the financial world... and do due diligence in the mean time.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join