It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What does the news do to you?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I wonder what does the news and stuff around here with you. How duss it have influence or impact on your day. Do you think especialy of one topic or keeps all the news you busy. When you at work do you think about some threats? How react your family or friends, do they think your a freak or nuts? I wait some days and nights what people have to say about some things. Sometime i get angry, sad or happy? They call me crazy. How do you feel and will you share this with others. Goodluck to you all!!!

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I hardly watch the propaganda outlets known as the mainstream news. Actually, I hardly ever watch TV because it's all ridiculous at this point.
My life has been so much better without it! I prefer to get my news through cross-checking various sources online and coming up with an answer for myself, rather than have the constant biases of every news station rammed down my throat.

But, when I do see the news, all I can do is shake my head. It's all about the "us and them" attitude, always trying to turn a group of people against another.
People love it, and eat it right up...but thankfully many people see right through the absurdities.

... just not enough.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ni91ck

I don't talk about this site or any topics with family or friends, except maybe political stuff.

It's better that way

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
The news mostly is there for those just needing a quick fix, and not to much time to think about the bull they are watching.

I do not watch the news.

When i was young, i saw by living in ireland for a year, that ireland and englands news treated the irish problem differently. I saw then that the news was not the truth, but i did not know how bad it was at 10 or so, but i did notice that.

The english news would talk loads of rubbish about ireland, and irish news would treat the irish problem a little more calmly, and not so biased.

I worked for the bbc, and know what they are so i would never listen to any bbc news ever, they are liars and part of the british intelligence groups period.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
After 20 years working in the MSM It makes me want to throw up !

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ni91ck

It really depends upon what the news is. Earthquake....

Brittany...

War...

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ni91ck

Believe me when I tell you that eventually life will show you which people you can speak to about things that are dealt with here on ATS.
Most people are blinded by the media, and do not want to be confronted with an uncomfortable truth.

[edit on 11/3/2010 by Pakd-on-mystery]

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ni91ck

I consider msm news to be the biggest modern plague EVER. It just stress people's lives and send low vibrations. There's nothing philosophically valuable, not to say the least informative that we really learn on the news.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I wonder why the truth in so many ways works reversed by many people? Sometime's its just a little word or letter what change the truth. I spend hour's and hours in bed with my notebook(and dog) because i'm sick and need to rest a lot. I hope there come's a time that everybody can speak the truth. But we have a long time to go i think.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ni91ck
I wonder why the truth in so many ways works reversed by many people? Sometime's its just a little word or letter what change the truth.

I call it Awakening

I dont(rearly) watch news or other tv programs (Mabye about 20 hours pr year) eather, for the same reason each one of you above me. And Im pleased to know that we are growing, and fast i think
, and thats a realy good thaugt

Thank you for a interesting thread OP

SatNam

Sorry for my spelling

top topics

join