It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman, 130, Wants Age-Old Guinness Record

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Woman, 130, Wants Age-Old Guinness Record

news.sky.com

She was shown on TV two days ago - on International Women's Day - being congratulated by her children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren, and enjoying a glass of wine.

The matriarch, a resident of the Tsalenjikhi region, remains in good health, according to reports, and still plays backgammon and drinks vodka.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Click the link because i only provided this portion of the news as it mentions she still drinks vodka.. Am guessing she drinks in sensible amounts. This may aid our bodies in a way no one knows about, who knows?

The biggest eye opener in this article however, the only reason i posted this article is the fact she was born in 1880! Imagine the changes in social norms and politics from then to now...

Antisa (her name) goes back through time by over a century, so the question i would ask her would be, "Has life got easier/better since then and if not do you reckon it will from knowledge and experience?".

news.sky.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 10-3-2010 by jonnyc55]

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Seeing three centuries in your life, quite an achievement i must say. As for how to live that long, genetics probably play a large factor. I really wouldn't want to live that long when i look at my family and how they age. As for comparing 19th century to 20th/21st i think she would say that life is alot easier now with technology doing alot of the work that would take hours back then...and i doubt vodka played a role in her lifespan but this gives me a good excuse.

[edit on 10-3-2010 by Solomons]

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

Life may of got easier but has society got rougher and more unforgiving throughout the years, which is also what i meant in the question

Your definitely right about life getting easier

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
whats so easy about waking at noon to toss a hot pocket in the microwave and surf the internet for hours.

o wait.... EVERYTHING

i

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by mahtoosacks

To be honest i wouldn't like to live to that age even if life has got easier it just makes life more boring. Well for some.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Hmmm...so I guess the theoretical age limit of 125 due to telomeres shortening should now be considered psuedo-science. I keep thinking that some herbalists may be living much longer than we think, and some of the myths that we hear about may have some truth to it. If we can make it to 130, why not 180? Where is the true limit?

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonnyc55
reply to post by mahtoosacks

To be honest i wouldn't like to live to that age even if life has got easier it just makes life more boring. Well for some.

it could be, or you could spend all your time contemplating how to build my cyborg body

my mom always told me that money is the root to all evil. as soon as a person become a bajillionaire, they go nuts, because everything is so accessible to them that they become desensitized easily and seek more and more thrills, thus more and more eccentric.

i believe this to an extent, my focus would still be on cyborg body, or maybe trying to figure out how to ride a blue whale over a rainbow. that would be some epic stuff there.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by jonnyc55

I saw the title and expected a premature St Patrick's Day thread

130 year old woman thanks a Guinness every day for longevity and bedroom shenanigans...
Link

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/290056681da2.jpg[/atsimg]

top topics

join