It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 = Mayan Y2k?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by p a v e l...Weather is destabilizing. Politics are destabilizing. People are changing - the Internet is rife of other conspiracy sites and forums! People are talking about subjects they have never talked about before, as evidenced by this very forum...

Weather and politics have never been stable. People are always changing. And all the great discoveries in human history have occured when people talked about subjects that they had never talked about before... Stop worrying!

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 12:23 AM
link   
It ends in 2012...not in 2007...as this thread mentions numerous times. If you don't feel like reading or even understanding the thread, don't comment!

As for ThunderCloud: I'm not worrying! I'm simply saying that this is one of those very crucial times in human history where changes, as you said, occur. It will be interesting to see what happens.

[edit on 14-1-2005 by p a v e l]

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Has anyone actually thought about this instead of beleiving what other people beleive, or what they have read?

Do you honestly think they made this calender system to last forever? Maybe some mayan was working on a better calender, so they figured...oh he'll have it done by year 2012, so who cares when it runs out.

Nothing is going to happen in 2012, well I highly doubt it, but I could be wrong.

2012 has been predicted since ancient times, doubt it. Even the bible has talked about 2012 being the end of the world. Come on people, the bible has been saying the end of the world is just around the corner for....hmmm around 2000 years so far?

MAYBE, the mayans had something larger in the measure of time scale, I mean when did this calender start ? If it started 5 years later we would all be worrying about 2017.

Anyways when it reaches 0 or 1, ever think that maybe that is just like January 1st? The start of a new cycle, call it an era, it doesnt have to be some world altering change, could just be, era 2, just like we count years. They count time different, maybe year 0 or 1 is just the start of a new very long year.

( I dont mean to sound like a prick or nay-sayer, but honestly think about it. )

[edit on 14-1-2005 by _BLiND_]

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Does this guy even know what a Y2K is?? It came and went, you're within the 0 point now. 5(ended88)[0]6(starts12)

Basically a new world is to be made, and this is due in part to Moore's Law and that whole transhumanist goal for posthumanism and singularity.

If you want to be down with the evolution, you'll start learning about Spiral Dynamics, Integral Theory, M-Theory, Fractals, Matrices, Cognitive Sciences, Information Science, and remember to balance it out with whatever faith you belong to, because neither science nor religion(s) are right or wrong.

The person who posted above me is in serious serious serious need of education.

The calender doesn't end on 2012, a 6th cycle starts in 2012. On the oldest calendar system still in use til this day.

He isn't being a prick or a nay-sayer at all, he's just excercising the right to display his brain's obviously limited potential to comprehend logical facts.

[edit on 14-1-2005 by boombye]

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by SomewhereinBetween
You have less than two years to the end of the Mayan calendar. When January 1, 2007 comes around and the world as we know it is still functioning, then this story takes its place alongside other myths.

Where do you get that date from? The end of the 5th sun is generally agreed to be Dec. 21st, 2012. or 21/12/2012.
In their calendar the date will be Baktun 13.0.0.0.0, how lucky, huh?

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Man where's all the educated posters here who didn't learn about anything Mayan from some conspiracy site.

The 5th cycle ended 1988.

The 6th cycle starts 12/21/12 supposedly. But does start 2012.

In between that, we have a flushing period for the cycle to be restarted, so right now we're in what I call the 0 point. Because if we're neither in the 5th or 6th cycle, we're techincally in an apocalypse of sorts that's taking place in order to gear up the 6th cycle.

5th cycle was supposed to have ended with Earthquakes, every cycle is engulfed by a single type of natural disaster..Apparently, the after shocks are being felt. The world after 2012 will be made accordingly to our vision of the future. If you'd refer to the studies I list above, I'm literally revealing to you many answers about the nature of the matrix itself. But if you're like many others, who aren't smart enough to research these topics, then don't. Don't waste your time, seriously.

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by boombye
Man where's all the educated posters here who didn't learn about anything Mayan from some conspiracy site.

The 5th cycle ended 1988.

The 6th cycle starts 12/21/12 supposedly. But does start 2012.

In between that, we have a flushing period for the cycle to be restarted, so right now we're in what I call the 0 point. Because if we're neither in the 5th or 6th cycle, we're techincally in an apocalypse of sorts that's taking place in order to gear up the 6th cycle.

5th cycle was supposed to have ended with Earthquakes, every cycle is engulfed by a single type of natural disaster..Apparently, the after shocks are being felt. The world after 2012 will be made accordingly to our vision of the future. If you'd refer to the studies I list above, I'm literally revealing to you many answers about the nature of the matrix itself. But if you're like many others, who aren't smart enough to research these topics, then don't. Don't waste your time, seriously.

What can you tell me about the astronomical significance of the winter solstice 2012? I have read that it is very significant. i am always hoping to learn more about it.

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I seem to remember reading or seeing something on T.V. about Nostradamus predicting that the world would end between the years 2005-2012. It just seems odd that this coincides with the Mayan end of the world/new age.

Just throwing my info in with the rest. If anyone happens to know anything about this, please tell.

Note: There was a thread earlier www.abovetopsecret.com... that talked about the Bible's 7 years of Tribulation. Could the 7 Years of Tribulation start in 2005? That would also back Nostradamus's claim about the end of the world.

[edit on 1/14/2005 by boren]

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I did a thread about this some time ago, didnt quite get a good reception as this thread has got. Still something to think about or not, will soon see!

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by p a v e l
It ends in 2012...not in 2007...as this thread mentions numerous times. If you don't feel like reading or even understanding the thread, don't comment!

As for ThunderCloud: I'm not worrying! I'm simply saying that this is one of those very crucial times in human history where changes, as you said, occur. It will be interesting to see what happens.

[edit on 14-1-2005 by p a v e l]

It ends in 2007. The man who determined the Mayan calendar ends in 2012 did so based on the Gregorian calendar, which is now proven to be incorrect as I have stated elsewhere, several times and relative to Herod the Great's demise in 4BCE. There is no escaping that fact, therefore, I refer you back to your statement beginning with 'if' and ending in 'comment.'

You have a choice, you can perpetuate the myth based on ignorance, or pretense, or you can face facts. Which is it to be?

[edit on 1/14/05 by SomewhereinBetween]

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 11:04 PM
link   
the mayan calendar does not end on January 1, 2007. If I am not mistaken, it supposedly translates to be May 5th, 2012.

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 11:16 PM
link   
On May 5th, 2012 the world runs out of toiletpaper and civilization ends. The world doesn´t end, civilization does...

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by benevolent tyrant
the mayan calendar does not end on January 1, 2007. If I am not mistaken, it supposedly translates to be May 5th, 2012.
You are mistaken, it translates to December 20/21, 2012, based on the calendar we have today, and that calendar is incorrect.

Rather than argue with me as to your ifs, why not do some research if you are so inclined to learn about both our calendar, how it came to be, how we know the century of the death of Herod the Great and the supposed search for the infant Jesus then adjusts that date, and how the Mayan calendar was calculated. Even so, do your research anyway and prove me wrong with facts if you can find them.

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Hmm, interesting. We're all disagreing about dates here.

somewhereinbetween: give us some references that say it's in 2007, I'm open to new ideas. But every source I've ever seen on the subject (and I've read many widely unrelated sources on this) say it's in 2012.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackGuardXIII

You have less than two years to the end of the Mayan calendar. When January 1, 2007 comes around and the world as we know it is still functioning, then this story takes its place alongside other myths.

Where do you get that date from? The end of the 5th sun is generally agreed to be Dec. 21st, 2012. or 21/12/2012.

I have a choice here. I can repeat the information as I have done for you to research same, or I can do that research for you. My signature prefers you undertake the research yourself. For it is obvious, that I am not operating on strictly the interpretation of the Mayan calendar date as that would be narrowminded at the very least considering the calendar on which that assessment has been made. More specifically, I cannot dispute the Mayan date as being 2012, but I certainly can and do dispute it as relative to dates we know as per our calendar.

Before one willingly agrees to put forth arguments such as the Mayan year 2012 corresponding with our own, it behoves them to do the necessary research to be sure that: a) The 2012 Mayan date is without error, and b)dtermine if our Gregorian is also without error.

I am willing to assist you this far and this far only, and already supplied the information relative to all you needed in order to conduct your own research were you so desirable of such an undertaking. However, I will make it more specific for you and if you do not wish to learn about the relative correctness of the dates, then you will be ignoring this bit of information also.

Research how we came to start dating our years as A.D or ACE.

Next, research the year of death of Herod the great.

Next, read Matt 2:16

The rest is up to you if you are interested in gathering all the knowledge available as to this dating of 2012.

Oct

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 11:54 PM
link   
A Prophecy of the Mayan Calendar:Human Beings Will Enter a Brand-new Civilization in 2012

Jue Min

According to the Mayan Long Count Calendar, December 21, 2012 is the end of this human civilization. Human beings will enter a whole new civilization, which is totally unrelated to the current one. The Mayan people did not mention the cause. One thing is clear: the last day does not mean the arrival of any calamity; instead, it implies a whole new cosmic awareness and spiritual transition towards the new civilization.
The Mayan people did not have the advanced technologies we have today, but they were amazingly expert in astrology and mathematics. In addition, there were many unsolved riddles. They had advanced road systems, but did not use wheels. Therefore they didn’t have to raise cattle and horses. However, they knew how to make wheels, for later people found out that the Maya used wheels to make toys for their kids. They ornamented the door of a moon temple with images of the back of the Moon. Our scientists were initially confused by the patterns, then could not understand, after they found out that the pattern was that of the back of the Moon, how the Maya could see it? The Moon always faces the Earth with only one side. Perhaps because of their unique wisdom bestowed by their cosmic awareness, the Mayan people had their own cultivation system (please refer to the figure). The Mayan people disappeared at the peak of their civilization. People in later times have not been able to figure out the reason even after exhaustive thinking.
Whole article here:
www.pureinsight.org...

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 10:55 AM
link   
SomewhereinBetween,

What calander are you basing your statement on?

Not the gregorian, not the julian, so what?

If you take the 18 months of 20 days and work backwards in the gregorian I can see it may be off by a little bit, but not by 5 years.

Explain which calander system you are referencing, and then real research can commence.

Although, I don't believe that 2012 will cause any major shift, even if not the mayan 2007/2012, something's on it's way.

X

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xatnys
SomewhereinBetween,

What calander are you basing your statement on?

Not the gregorian, not the julian, so what?

If you take the 18 months of 20 days and work backwards in the gregorian I can see it may be off by a little bit, but not by 5 years.

Explain which calander system you are referencing, and then real research can commence.

Although, I don't believe that 2012 will cause any major shift, even if not the mayan 2007/2012, something's on it's way.

X
For the answer, kindly re-read my previous posts and perform the exercises.

Thank you.

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I call Shenanigans on Somewhereinbetween. He was asked for a very simple piece of evidence so we could start research and his reply was VERY evasive. I no longer trust your replies Somewhere unless you can answer Xatnys in a plain, straightforward manner. He’s just asking for a calendar reference, something you MUST have readily available if YOUR research is accurate.

Please don’t bother to reply if you are not answering the question directly…

Shenanigans… Shenanigans…. Shenanigans!

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackGuardXIII

The 2012 Mayan calendar date is the date derived by one man correct? That date has been translated into the calendrical cycle you use today correct?

This is the year 2005 in your calendrical cycle.

It was dervived by individuals tracing certain events and well known people according to the history available. It was also done largely based on written accounts of the olympiads.

It was then attached to the year that Jesus was supposed to have been born. That year being 2,004 years ago on 12/25/04

That year has been known to be incorrect now for decades. Why? I will reiterate it for at least the 5th time. Herod the Great!

Biblical verses tell us Jesus was born during Herod's time. Correct?

Herod supposedly sent some people out looking for for Jesus amongst the infants two years old as Jesus was supposed to be that age. Correct?

Herod then would have had to have done this in 2ACE. correct?

Unfortunately, Herod's year of death has now been recast as 4BCE.

In other words, if in 4BCE Jesus was two, he was born on 6BCE. 6 years earlier than believed. Add to to 2005 and what number do you get?

Now you don't have to believe me, nor does anyone else who insists on hanging onto this cockamamie doom scenario in 2012. You can google all sorts of searched on Herod for the information on him or not if you wish to believe that 2012 is 7 years hence.

The fact is, it would be next year, and since the doomsdayers would prefer to stretch their scenario out as far away as possible so as to beat that horse to death, they will never accept the Herod revision.

12/21/05 of this year in their joint Mayan/revelation scenario is supposed to herald in the two messengers of the apocalypse. When that does not happen either, they will be finding all sorts of excuses to perpetuate the myth.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join