It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 will be self induced

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I have been on the 2012 band wagon for over a decade, researching and reading just about anything I can on the subject, and am confident that I am as much an expert on this subject as anyone else... especially when one considers all the fine scholars here on ATS. I personally favor the eruption of Yellowstone and severe solar flares as being what we should worry about.

Until a recent college project I did for Speech class.

We were having to prepare an informative speech, and I chose "2012: What to expect and how to start surviving" as my topic. I had to make it rather specific, as it needed to be no more than six minutes, and as such, I focused on the more widely "accepted" means of destruction, such as the flares, Yellowstone, and asteroid impact... but, somewhere in my organizing of this presentation, I had a thought, one that made me rethink things.

What if the 2012 scare will be man made? No, not the gray goo scenario, nor a nuclear exchange, and not even the LHC. My train of thought was on a different track than these.

1. First, the lesser of the two: We conspiracy members are an odd bunch, but there are those odder then us. What will happen, do you think, when those people begin to spare their children and loved ones from the horrors that will come out of 2012? I see a massive increase of suicides and mercy killings... not large enough to play a major impact, but rather whose implications may be far reaching. More government control?

2. Biological. This is the one that has been troubling me as of late. I believe it was a caller on Rush Limbaugh that asked what would prevent someone, some religious zealot, from injecting himself with a bio-toxin, and then board a plane to travel about the world, spreading whatever disease or virus before he succumbs? This is exactly what the plot was about in the movie 12 Monkeys, without the time traveling bit.

I like the second scenario. It rings true, possible, and probable. There are a lot of countries with this capability, and a few nations or groups that would do this.

What better day to unleash an apocalypse then December 21 2012? It would be a grand cosmic joke, akin to terrorists destroying the Twin Towers on a day that matches our emergency number.

Seriously, think about it for a moment or two. What better day to spread fear and death and chaos?

The minds of man are more destructive than anything nature can produce, which is way I feel that 2012 will be self-induced.

[edit for grammar]

[edit on 2010/3/9 by The Soothsayer]

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I agree with you. I dont think the coming events will be the Earth cracking in half like an eggshell...or massive floods, fire and brimstone.

I think if any of the above happens, it will be man made. Its very obvious that this is all going to be self inflicted by humans.

We destroy ourselves over and over. My other theory is the one who controls the Matrix will get sick of playing with us and wipe us off, so it can start a new game.

This is a very strange world.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Ah. The scenario you present, no. 1 I believe, is a preventable one. If we all focus on the truth of the matter, the truth being that the world as we know it will not come to an end, then people will feel much more positive and they will not feel tempted to perform any mercy killings.

Everyone out there who is lying to the people, and prophesying all kinds of global doom, are hurting those they intend to warn (If they're intentions are noble to begin with). They should instead be preaching the truth. They should instead shut down their gloomy websites and tell everyone to quit worrying. They should come clean and admit that no Maya calendar ever predicted the end of the world. They should admit that while our galaxy will come into perfect alignment (which is very true) there will be no excess gravity to knock Earth off it's axis, because the alignment happens every year. We know this happens once a year. If the lies and messages of doom cease then so will the fear and panic.

2012 is not going to be the end of the world as we know it.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Hello, I like your theory very much, it adds to my collection of possibilities

Has anyone ever heard of The Law of Attraction. Getting large amounts of people to think about certain things. Those things are then attracted to you.

Basically your thoughts will bring on the apocalypse. Think about the 2012 movie that came out recently and all the people that saw it and began wondering about the date.

Thoughts are very powerful believe it or not.

Just my thoughts.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
You may be right on spot OP.

Your theory #1 was in place in the 50's and 60's.

I remember well hearing adults talking about what would take place when we saw the glow of the bombs south of us when Russia bombed the US from Cuba.

The man in the family was to shoot the women, children and elderly. This was a mercy killing to keep them from suffering the effects of radiation.

That was a very scary time in my life. So far, nothing else in the world situation has frightened me as much as that did.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I've been thinking it is going to be man-made as well; in a different sense however.

What if, all belief systems were written by the same people? Might explain why most belief systems are like in kind, yet different in detail. What if these books were written for one reason? That reason being control.

So these books were written, and written for one reason; to get us to believe in an upcoming apocalypse. Purpose being, that after the apocalypse, all peoples will be unquestioningly faithful. As those that do survive will have personally witnessed the "apocalypse."

The authors of the books(or rather the living relatives) use technology to bring about all that we have been told we will see. Earthquakes, flood, fire, and brimstone. You name it.

I have heard alot of talk about the technology existing to make these types of things occur; mind you it is just talk. As far as the talk being credible, that I can not say. However there has been talk.

So what if this whole 2012 thing is just a scheme to make us more of a slave race than we currently are? What an easy way to remove free thought! Maybe?

Just a theory, or rather idea of extreme eccentricity.

Peace Profound,
Dillon

[edit on 9-3-2010 by Namaste]

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I agree! IF anything of a catastrophic nature occurs in 2012, it will be self fulfilling in nature. Now, not to derail...and this may be deserving of it's own thread...but I think that questioning politicians on this topic at election time is important...and politicians shouldn't be given the "leeway" to laugh off such questions as being absurd. We should not allow 2012 believers into offices of power, as they will have the power to bring about global catastrophe.

Who do you want to have their finger on "the button" when 12/12/2012 comes around, a 2012 believer or non-believer?

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I look forward to the self-induced hysteria. nothing big will happen unless "WE" make it happen. and that wont make the mayans any less at astronomy. If ghosts exist, theirs are laughing at us

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man
I agree! IF anything of a catastrophic nature occurs in 2012, it will be self fulfilling in nature. Now, not to derail...and this may be deserving of it's own thread...but I think that questioning politicians on this topic at election time is important...and politicians shouldn't be given the "leeway" to laugh off such questions as being absurd. We should not allow 2012 believers into offices of power, as they will have the power to bring about global catastrophe.

Who do you want to have their finger on "the button" when 12/12/2012 comes around, a 2012 believer or non-believer?

I'm sorry, who are these 2012 politicians you are referring to?

No one in the know would talk about it if it was real. they are the secret society that controls all

you cant believe in the illuminati and also think that Joe ATS knows what they are up to?

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Totalstranger
I'm sorry, who are these 2012 politicians you are referring to?

I don't know. There may be none. That's why I said that politicians should be questioned on this. So far as i know, no one has asked this question...and if they have, I'm sure it was blown off by the politicians.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I couldnt agree more, its as if all the recent wild weather patterns we have been experiencing is leading up to the big show. whether natural or not its going to happen. the question isnt "what if nothing happens?" the real question is "what if it does?". Be ready - buy a gun from the streets not from the gun store.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Excellent thought. I agree with your idea 100 percent. With the world being filled with so many loosely wrapped, imppressionable and irrational individuals and groups, it is not only possible that one would incite or induce a catastrophe on that day, but probable and likely. Sometimes all you have to give someone is an idea or a reason and they can do an awful lot on their own.

None of the 2012 stuff pumped around the media and the internet has ever frightened me at all, but your theory does. I can completely see some loon doing something extreme.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Exactly... how difficult would it be to inject yourself with, at the very least, a strain of Scarlett Fever? Or heck, what about typhoid or even the Plague? The virus / disease doesn't have to be a genetic concoction devised by scientists to be lethal or effective.

With so many people willing to die for their beliefs (nor matter what they may be), martyrdom is guaranteed with this... knowing you will die, and that there is no way for you to fail in killing as many as you can... board a plane, all those people become infected, they fly to different destinations, infect those people...

Before any authority or health department official catches on or can do anything to stop it, a massive portion of the world is already infected.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by The Soothsayer

So you mean like shoot'in ourselves in the foot?

DG

This is a very strange world.

I'm sit'in here think'in, now how can she say that? It's not like there are
all these other worlds out there, unless you count T.V.. Books. Then I seen
strange on your avatar. The bells and whistles and sirens started go'in
off. What's the point? What do I mean ? Well, what do you mean, what do I mean?

Just try'in to confirm it for ya.:

[edit on 10-3-2010 by randyvs]

new topics

top topics

join