It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unique environmental conditions. Have you felt this before?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Hi there everyone! Ive been a lurker here for quite a while, and finally reached my 20 post count after my decision to finally register for ATS.

This is a thread I've wanted to post for quite a while, and get input from several of the members here and see if this is something that everyone else is experiencing. A few of my close friends have also stated they feel this way, so a broader analysis by more people outside of my own personal circle would be a great addition to my knowledge.

Have you ever experienced that everything feels different somehow than it did the previous days? For as long as I can remember, certain periods of time that I experience are somehow distinguishable from other periods of time that i have experienced. Physically everything is the same, everything is still the same color, shape etc, but the environment, reality itself just feels different than it did the day before or a few days back.I would explain it as, a layer of existance over the all encompassing existance that is constantly changing. My desk is still a desk, I am still myself. The core physical traits are still the same in the all encompassing existance, but its as if there is a thin layer over everything that feels different day to day or week to week. It's the weirdest feeling, i don't even know how to properly explain it. It's like something has shifted, changed, but nothing within physical terms or nothing immediately comprehensible. Its really weird. Another way to explain it would be, everything looks different, but is the same object. Its no different than the previous day, but something is just off.

Its gotten EXTREMELY noticeable lately. Everyday now is a new change to what i feel is some underlying layer of existence we either cannot optically tune into, or some sort of resonation that i am tuning into that is changing rapidly.

Would love to get some ATSers opinions on this, thanks again!

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Zetsumeii

S&F

I have been experiencing exactly the same as you for about half a year now.
I occasionally considered posting about it, but I really can't describe it.
As you stated, everything just has a different feel...
So I hope there will be some people posting on this, because I am really curious to see the conclusions here...

[edit on 9/3/2010 by Pakd-on-mystery]

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   
+1 Here...

But that still doesnt answer why things feel different.
Best way i can describe it is 'atmosphere' You can feel it but can really put a finger on it. Strange

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   
S&F for topic. I've always felt this and like you say it is periods of time but never according to minutes, hours, days, weeks, months or seasons. It seems fairly random to me. Today for instance is such a day where I feel something is different. Some periods of time on the other hand I feel everyday is the same day, as if I never slept inbetween. I've thought about this alot and my way of describing it would be like the thickness of the air or pressure of the world changes slightly. Sometimes it is thick but light and sometimes thin but heavy and all combinations inbetween. Sometimes it feels like entering into an empty space/time where what ever outcome was on it's way just suddenly dissappears or changes direction.

I can also describe it as the difference between living in a boxed in sound proof space and an empty open air space but you can only tell which by the feeling you get from it. (I'm a sensory musical person so don't know if that makes sense if your visual though LOL

If there's alot of response it's be interesting to note the days that we feel a shift and describe it to see if it is noticeable to others at the same time or if it's just personal when and where.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Seems to be happening a lot, here's a couple of threads that might interest you.

For all those expierencing "time line" shifts.

Something has changed, timeline?

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   
outline of my response

1. obligatory flippant response
2. warning and advice (as though I know more than you)
3. genuine response in the spirit of original post
4. feigned ignorance trying to draw you out more

[recommend skipping to 3 and ignoring the rest]

"Someone broke into my house and stole all my furniture, but they replaced it with exact duplicates."
-Steven Wright, from the 80's

Dude, like get your meds adjusted.

Am I the only one who thinks this group of friends is ripe to be recruited and groomed by some kind of cult leader. It seems obvious. They are starting to really see everything, but are just begging someone to fill in the reasons for them. Omg omg omg, read a book, don't let anyone tell you what to think.

I have a theory that may help explore this phenomenon. Word value. Words are living breathing things just like people. As one views a desk the word desk is a factor in how we perceive it. One's internal set of words can shift while retaining the same meaning. For instance if subconsciously one categorizes the word desk as "inanimate object with x function" then one will see it that way. But if one, seemingly unrelated, starts to entertain the idea of animism then the next time they look at a desk they may feel that the desk is looking back at them. Same word, completely different experience.

I don't understand the question. Could you be more specific. Where is your evidence.

David Grouchy

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by IAmD1

Wow, its good to hear that someone is experiencing almost the exact same things that I am. I mostly posted this thread to see if there was anyone else that could hit what i was feeling right on the dot, and you certainly did just that.

Ive been lurking here for quite some time, probably a few years, so I've seen alot of the threads that are doombringing and warning of the future when billions of people will die and all of that jazz. I take all of this with a grain of salt, but this instance being something i know I personally feel and experience at all times i figured it warranted the start of a thread.

I do happen to believe something is coming, im not gonna predict when because then there needs to be proof which i dont have, im not gonna predict what, why, or how either because then there needs to be proof which i dont have, part of me believes that most of the people posting these prophesies are just looking to get their rocks off as they are all generally the same, but I do believe that there is a reason a majority of us have been feeling so off center lately and do not completely rule out the possibility of some of the events that have been posted here.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Zetsumeii

I understand what you mean, it is hard to describe though. (The feeling that permeates everything)
I notice that most of my coworkers have a grasp of it as well. Usually in the morning I make notice of who say what and how they look/feel to determine how I judge the 'permeable force' to be, and that way I can adjust myself.

Like I said, hard to describe, but those who understand will know.

Theory: What about people who generally have more empathy, or might call themselves empaths, would this be a common understandable feeling for them?

(Again, not talking about anything 'coming', I feel that too, but I distinguish it as different)

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by davidgrouchy

I have a theory that may help explore this phenomenon. Word value. Words are living breathing things just like people. As one views a desk the word desk is a factor in how we perceive it. One's internal set of words can shift while retaining the same meaning. For instance if subconsciously one categorizes the word desk as "inanimate object with x function" then one will see it that way. But if one, seemingly unrelated, starts to entertain the idea of animism then the next time they look at a desk they may feel that the desk is looking back at them. Same word, completely different experience.

This actually makes sense, but isnt exactly what I was getting at. I do however like the point you made there and could certainly see how that could present itself to be a unique situation.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by mynameisjuan

I would definitely classify myself as an empath, as I have had plenty of experience in that realm. Your theory about this being something more empathically enlightened individuals might be able to tune into or are constantly tuning into, makes alot of sense. According to this theory, perhaps we are tapping into the emotional layer of Earth? That could explain the constant change of feeling.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I have always had periods of, well I call them "clarity", or "enlightenment." It is as if I suddenly am back on the right path, like stepping out of a side story and back into the main story of my life. I have tried to explain this phenomenon to several people and they have always looked at me as if I was a few fries short of a happy meal. I have always thought of it as a short trip I have taken to learn something, either about myself or some concept I am trying to grasp. I don't know if this is similar, but the feeling that something is "not quite right" or "perfectly right" is how it feels.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by nostrashawnus
I have always had periods of, well I call them "clarity", or "enlightenment." It is as if I suddenly am back on the right path, like stepping out of a side story and back into the main story of my life. I have tried to explain this phenomenon to several people and they have always looked at me as if I was a few fries short of a happy meal. I have always thought of it as a short trip I have taken to learn something, either about myself or some concept I am trying to grasp. I don't know if this is similar, but the feeling that something is "not quite right" or "perfectly right" is how it feels.

I think we could possibly be on the same path here, as far as to what it feels like. What triggers the feeling may be different from person to person, but I do believe we are talking about the same thing here. This is a very weird phenomenon that I find difficult to explain as well, but I do believe it could be the key to understanding alot of what is happening. Its almost like another force saying "Something is different today than it was yesterday" and so on and so forth.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
It is what the Zen-buddhists would call the "Kokoro". The word literally means "heart", but the word contains shades of meaning, and can be translated as "the heart of things" or "feeling".

You can think of it as a membrane (veil, drum-skin) between realities (this one and who knows what). And it sort of pulsates and beats like a heart. But it is very faint, and few people ever notices it. Sometimes it is stronger and at other times it is very distant. Like a fog-horn at sea that can be easily heard on some days and other days it sounds more distant. It's a bad allegory, I know, but it is very difficult to describe it. It "taints" reality somehow...

I don't know the significance of this, but it seams more pronounced now than just a few years back. Some say the "Kokoro" is thinner...some say it's more stretched and beating faster. Maybe it's closer. I don't know which is right.

But definitely, yes. There is a distinct "feel" to reality these days.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Is it possible that it is a case of simply being much more aware and intune with your surroundings than you ever have been before?

Such a thing can cause you to notice stuff you have never noticed before. Like looking passively at a painting of a ship lost at sea in a storm. Up until now you've only ever noticed the ship and the gigantic waves. But one day you decide to look a little closer and voila! By god, there are little fish swimming in those waves, maybe you can distinguish a shoreline far off in the distance or perhaps the ships captain at the helm.

It's not that those things were never there before, you just never noticed them, until now.

Just a theory

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zetsumeii
reply to post by mynameisjuan

I would definitely classify myself as an empath. According to this theory, perhaps we are tapping into the emotional layer of Earth? That could explain the constant change of feeling.

I do too classify my self as empathic which is interesting. I'm interested to know if you know if you are a mainly visual, auditory or kinesthetic communicator. I fall into the auditory type. But funnily enough I do not remember words that I hear I rather store them as an emotions. Can be real frustrating when in an argument. I argue in feelings others more often than not argue in words. Even items have a feel to me. But not only an on the skin touch kind of feel but also an emotional feel.

Example

I try to describe a mountain to someone. Most people would talk about it's height, colour, location etc. I would describe the feeling it gives me like heavy, peaceful, soft, metallic smell, cold, etc.

I see someone fall over and it physicaly hurts in my own body.

So not to derail the thread to much How would you describe yourself as a communicator? And do you see the world in general in terms of feelings, sounds or images? (Actually this is an open question to anyone else who recognises what the OP is all about)

BTW I like the idea of tapping in to the emotiona layers of earth.

You can add me to the something is coming crowd butI agree that the what, where and when is another story.

[edit on 9/3/2010 by IAmD1]

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeker11
Is it possible that it is a case of simply being much more aware and intune with your surroundings than you ever have been before?

How do you fit this theory to those of us who have always felt these shifts?

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeker11

Such a thing can cause you to notice stuff you have never noticed before. Like looking passively at a painting of a ship lost at sea in a storm. Up until now you've only ever noticed the ship and the gigantic waves. But one day you decide to look a little closer and voila! By god, there are little fish swimming in those waves, maybe you can distinguish a shoreline far off in the distance or perhaps the ships captain at the helm.

It's not that those things were never there before, you just never noticed them, until now.

Just a theory

You make a valid point here, but since this has been going on for most of my life and only recently actually becoming extremely pronounced as opposed to a weaker version of the feeling, this doesnt apply to me.

Originally posted by IAmD1

So not to derail the thread to much How would you describe yourself as a communicator? And do you see the world in general in terms of feelings, sounds or images? (Actually this is an open question to anyone else who recognises what the OP is all about)

[edit on 9/3/2010 by IAmD1]

I see the world in general as feelings and images, well more like video, but yeah. Feelings is what i base everything by. Everything has a certain feeling to it, I am very intune to emotions and anything that resonates similarly to that such as an instinct or an energy of some sort. If something doesnt feel right, i will avoid it until it does feel right. This could be any number of things. Walking through a certain area, saying certain things, everything in my life has a certain feeling attached to it and based on that i carry out actions.

I cant look at certain pictures because they make me feel sick or resonate on a painful level with me. For example, a picture of someone's scars from having cut themselves, really effects me.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by IAmD1

perhaps those who are more in tune and aware of their surroundings all the time are very sensitive to any change in the atmosphere...

with more knowledge comes more sorrow

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   
TextText

Hello People:
Been a member almost 3yrs. now but I've been in a "funk" lately and haven't been posting. I can relate 100% with the subject matter on this post and I've seen some interesting responses here. I feel the same way as many but just can't put my fingertips on it exactly. Something feels different outside. The only way I know to put it is it seems like we're in an "artificial" environment as opposed to a natural one. WHY and HOW, if so? Those are the questions for me and I've thought long and hard about it. Kinda like my......(sorry, couldn't help that, hung around some old buddies last weekend.) Back to the subject, could the govt, or another entity be sslloowwllyy changing things somehow? If so, for what reason(s)? Anyone figures this out, please lemme know, I'm having a couple of cocktails and then going night-night.
Best regards,
CBS01

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by CBS01

If this can be pinned on anything, I doubt it's just the government. As an empath, my sensing of the issue is that what we are feeling is an amalgam of changes coming from all directions.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join