It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake Exposes Social Chasm in Chile

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Earthquake Exposes Social Chasm in Chile

www.globalresearch.ca

The slow response by the administration of outgoing President Michelle Bachelet to the humanitarian and health crisis will undoubtedly result in unnecessary deaths and health problems, particularly in the coastal towns, which are home to some of the poorest people in Chile and, for that reason, were particularly ill-prepared for the disaster.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 01:45 AM
link   
You know I don't want to believe earthquakes can be "created", but if I were in charge and had a global eugenics plan in effect, and I could create a natural disaster, the first to go would be the least productive members of my farm. No?

I don't know whether to be angry, or sad. Or chalk it up to more fuel for the fire. My prayers go out to those affected by this disaster.

www.globalresearch.ca
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 03:24 AM
link   
One could interpret official responses to some disasters such as the Chile earthquake as attempts to make sure as many poor people die as possible before help is given.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Kailassa

This is too reminiscent of what happened with Katrina. The left hand didn't know what the right was doing, and of course we had a President on Vacation in Texas saying "What no Water? Well, then, let them eat cake".

It of course, turned into a situation of people dying in the street, and becoming violent, before they were able to get help. They mayor of the city was on television screaming "The President is saying the National Guard is here! Look behind me! Do you see them? NO! Because they are NOT here". Then of course, the mayor left town and stayed gone for five days. Sigh. I know this is OT, but every time I think about it, I cringe.

Not one of our finer moments.

So combine stupidity, no regard for human suffering, and a big fat dose of
incompetence, and this is what you get.

Chili has been offered assistance. What is it that keeps them from taking it? False pride? Or maybe they are simply afraid if their "American" neighbors come, we would never leave.

Can't really blame them.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   
The president said he needed to have a register on the damage and things needed to get help necessary but not communications between the authorities was almost nil, The earthquake was at 3.34 am and 6.30 am local am still did not have records of any tsunami, more than half of people died for inaction and misinformation from the authorities, is but some people on the coast received information that there was no tsunami risk, after all this catastrophe and misinformation, people panicked, is end of month and many people were with the empty pantry, In addition there was delay in sending aid and troops to the disaster area

sorry for my inglish I am still a little nervous about the earthquake

you have a grat site here

[edit on 9-3-2010 by Patto]

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 07:18 AM
link   
5 days after the people returned what looted, we made a teleton where collected more than 53 million dollars, so I think that should say something positive about most people here in Chile

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I do hope you know I was not speaking badly of the people of Chile.
And I am glad you are safe and well.

recycled

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
no, i think i know what you tray to say, I do not justify but after an earthquake like this, without information, without light, without food or water, i dont know, man this is a huge earthquake, really we are accustomed some, i think a 6 or even 6,5 not affect significantly the life in Chile, but I think an event like this can bring out the worst and best of a people at the same time. People looting will be processed, even after return all stolen (LCDs, Computers, cellphones, etc), these things are not necessities a tragedy

I really feel bad because over 70% of those who died because nobody was warned about the tsunami that even on this page are warned, 3 hours after the earthquake the authorities insisted that there is no risk of tsunami

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Tragedy is certainly a test of character. And I can not imagine what good a stolen t.v. would be in the event of disaster either.
Again I am glad you are safe.

top topics

join