It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are there any equivalent sites like ATS for non roman alphabet nations?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   
I just told my wife about the many nationalities represented here on ATS... and she asked if we knew which countries aren't represented on ATS with members here...

I answered that if there was, it would likely be a country that doesn't use the Roman alphabet we use in the West...

Which made us wonder... are there equivalent conspiracy sites like ATS in other parts of the world, with the same subject manner and rigorous membership when it comes to research and member content? Which ones stand out?

If so, perhaps there can be an alliance where the top threads here are posted there and vice versa, translated and blindly cross checked by members of both sites..?

edit to add: I do realize that entire threads need not be translated... perhaps just the OP and a link to babelfish if people get curious...

[edit on 9-3-2010 by Conspiracy Pianist]

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I'm waiting to see the results...

It will be interesting to see the replies.

PEACE

Slay

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   
One of my old Russian friends used to talk about a few minor conspiracy things years ago... I think it was called Duma duma.org or something like that, name had something to do with parliament though ie. gathering to talk about politics, to kind of reflect gathering to discuss ideas...

He had said that was about 'real' conspiracies though like corruption in government Russian mafia infiltrating sects massacre cover ups in chechnya etc. etc. Not paranormal which is not as believable.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Interesting question.

But even the Chinese speak English. I think colonialism has made your question obsolete. Even if there are sites where people use a different alphabet, I can assure you it is a national site,

I've seen a few posts from people that live in a country with a different alphabet.

[edit on 06/03/2010 by Sinter Klaas]

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

True, but generally I think Russians or Chinese people would stick to sites in their own language. Even Fok.nl is one of the largest Fora on the web, in Dutch, and that for such a small country. (Ik kom zelf ook uit Nederland
)

ANyway, here's a list of the largest Fora on the web... ATS ranks at #183... not bad out of a list of 2250 sites!!!

The only other site with a 'conspiracy' tag is found at #655, but it's not an exotic one as I had hoped...

I also checked under Chinese and Russian boards but no 'conspiracy' tags in them...

[edit on 9-3-2010 by Conspiracy Pianist]

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Weird list Does it really give the biggest in a logical order ?

I mean Partyflock and Bok.NL or something. How could ( Us Dutchies ) get so high in the list ? It´s freaking Impossible.

To be honest I never read fok, It yells out to much chaos and disorder IMO.

Nice to meet a fellow Dutchman !
( again
)

top topics

join