It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim Bus Driver Prays- Passengers Freak

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Muslim Bus Driver Prays- Passengers Freak

www.dailymail.co.uk

A Muslim bus driver stunned passengers by pulling over mid-route and beginning to pray in the aisle.
The driver stopped the bus without warning before removing his shoes and, using a fluorescent jacket as a prayer mat, beginning to chant in Arabic.
Passengers said they feared the driver could be preparing for a terror attack.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
As a comment to this story rightly says, the Islamic religion has set-times that calls Muslims to Prayer daily. No one would have batted a eyelid had a driver pulled over and stopped on Remembrance Sunday.

Yet another example of fear-mongering by the MSM, especially the Daily Mail, and their lack of justified reasoning as to why the driver actually pulled over.

www.dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Another example of the fine job the media is doing in creating a population of paranoid cowards.

I have to wonder-this can be the first time this bus driver has done this-why the coverage now?

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
the passengers are stupid and paranoid
but you can't really blame them
they've been conditioned to see muslims in this way

even imagine us ATSers, we read the news everyday and have esoteric knowledge of world events, the real reason for the war and the power of the msm, still many of us, perhaps even including me, would have been just a little paraoid.

don't hate the players, hate the game!

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Well actually the sudden stop and his actions scared the passengers. Maybe the driver should not have been on duty? You get paid to work and he stopped his job for his personal needs? I mean it's not like in the battlefield a Muslim will stop and say his prayers. Somethings have a time and place

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
At least nothing terrible happened to anyone. But the driver should of told the passengers before he prayed. Not because he's a Muslim. It's just out of nowhere on a bus and everyone's looking at him WTF is with this guy.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
The Daily Mail is an awfull paper and I always cringe when people link their articles to a Daily Mail article. I have seen how it poisens peoples minds.

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
The Passengers were not stupid or paranoid, they were paying customers in the middle of a route, and the bus driver did not offer them a satisfactory explanation! And yes, I would have been P*ssed if this happened by a Christian on Remembrance Sunday, or an Indian on Columbus day! I would also have gotten right off the bus at that moment, because "better safe than sorry" my ol' Momma always says!!

The driver could have apologized to the passengers and explained better ahead of time, and he could have gotten off the bus, and he could have planned better to have a break time, and he could have picked a more suitable job that gave him flexibility for his religion.

This is NOT a Religious issue, this is an issue of commerce, and common sense, hyper-awareness on all sides. McVeigh wasn't a Muslim, but after OKC, if some Christian pulled a big van up in front of my Government building and knelt at the door and began to pray, I would have given them plenty of room!!

[edit on 8-3-2010 by getreadyalready]

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
If a random bus driver, who is Muslim pulls over and start praying in a bus. I would be a little anxious to leave the bus..... Seriously it is scary seeing things like that happen. Also who does he think he is! People need to get to jobs quickly. They can’t afford the bus to stop so someone can pray. It’s not like he warned them either. He just stopped and prayed....I would be a little afraid to if someone did that. But it is a race/religion issue. People would not panic if a white person did it, and that’s the truth. They would just think he was a crazy Christian. It’s sad really with 9/11...If that never happened people wouldn’t have been as scared I bet.

[edit on 8-3-2010 by Maddogkull]

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Given the bus driver's actions, who wouldn't be scared?

You mean to tell me that if a muslim on a bus suddenly stops, blocks the exit door starts removing clothing, and praying, that you wouldn't be the least bit nervous then yer just full of it....anyone with any common sense would see the potential for this to be a bad situation. I mean had this guy done this in his office, or at a park, probably no one would care, but to without warning pull over a bus full of people and start into some fanatical prayer, well come on, thats the way really tragic headlines start out....

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel
At least nothing terrible happened to anyone.

Like what? I didn't know praying was dangerous.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Maddogkull

I'd be on edge if anyone started exhibiting really weird behavior on the bus, they don't have to be muslim. Yes, in my eyes stopping to kneel and pray is very weird. I'd be watching this dudes every move, and probably moving as far away from him as possible.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ROBL240
Yet another example of fear-mongering by the MSM, especially the Daily Mail, and their lack of justified reasoning as to why the driver actually pulled over.

I wish that was true because the elite wants to push mass-immigration of muslims and other third world immigrants into the West.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
the passengers are stupid and paranoid
but you can't really blame them
they've been conditioned to see muslims in this way.

Conditioned by who ?

I would be pissed for getting to late to my destination because some idiot wants to pray to a made up invisible friend.

[edit on 8-3-2010 by winterass]

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
The whole story seems odd, all the way around. Which leaves me with two options.

1. It didn't occur and is a lame attempt to cause people to dislike Muslims. This is weak, but so is the story.

2. It did happen and he did solely for attention, either for personal attention or to draw attention to Islam. The person interviewed in the article said that she rode that route a million times, so that leads me to believe that he has not done this before, so why this day?

I wouldn't have been so much scared as angry for making me late.

Prayer times are set, and you even get a nifty little calender for the month that has all the times listed, since they change everyday. Since the times are set, and assuming he prays regularly he would have anticipated the scheduling conflict and even IF he planned on simply pulling the bus over, not announcing the reason, and assuming everyone would be fine with it, then why wouldn't he have brought his prayer mat? I've never heard of anyone taking their prayers on their jacket. Not that there is anything particularly sacred about the mat, but it is intended to be a clean surface and his daily work jacket would be dirty, at least slightly.

I am not Muslim myself, but I am related to Muslims, and when they go to pray in the house, they are never "chanting loudly in Arabic", at most it is a quite whisper, barely audible.

Oh well, I doubt this event even occurred.

edit to change and to as

and again to change scared to sacred, damn any other typos can stay I'm off today

[edit on 8-3-2010 by searching4truth]

[edit on 8-3-2010 by searching4truth]

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
The issue is not religion but freedom of and from religion. If I want to see and listen to a muslim praying, I would go to a mosque. When I take a bus, I expect to be driven to my destination quickly and without religious indoctrination.

It takes a certain kind of arrogance, to disrupt a busfull of peoples day and force them to watch you performing your religious rituals. It is disrespectful and arrogant.

link   

The London Transport Department and the Muslim community apologized on behalf of a Somali driver who scared passengers when he pulled over and prayed on board of the bus, according to press reports.

Transport for London apologized for the delay and stated that the bus company, London General, warned the driver not to repeat this behavior. TfL expressed its respect for other religions, yet stressed that drivers are not allowed to pray while on duty. “TfL and individual bus operating companies acknowledge and value the diversity of their staff,” TfL spokesman said. “As diverse employers, TfL and the bus operators provide suitable prayer and quiet rooms at garages and other key locations for staff who wish to practice their faith.”

Link

link   
How would you react if the bus driver pulled over and started praying? I'd call the cops and ask for someone who can drive.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by liquidsmoke206
Given the bus driver's actions, who wouldn't be scared?

You mean to tell me that if a muslim on a bus suddenly stops, blocks the exit door starts removing clothing, and praying, that you wouldn't be the least bit nervous then yer just full of it....anyone with any common sense would see the potential for this to be a bad situation. I mean had this guy done this in his office, or at a park, probably no one would care, but to without warning pull over a bus full of people and start into some fanatical prayer, well come on, thats the way really tragic headlines start out....

It would make me no more nervous than it would to see a christian praying in public.

Where did you read he blocked the door? Who said anything about it being a 'fanatical' prayer? Or is that just what we call any prayer that is not christian?

I agree, the driver should have said something, but as I said before, there is no way, unless it was his first day on the job, that this was his first on-duty prayer.

Why does it need coverage ow?

Oh that's right, people are starting to come down off their muslim-paranoia.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

It would make me no more nervous than it would to see a christian praying in public.

That's illogical, considering a muslim is statistically more likely to blow up the bus than a christian. A christian praying would make me stop and pay very close attention, but a muslim doing it might make me head for the door.

Where did you read he blocked the door?

um...i dunno...maybe in the article that was linked in the OP?
here let me help you....

'He was also blocking the exit, so if something had happened we would not have been able to get off.

He actually took the time to walk over and block the middle exit..

'He got out of his cab, leaving the engine running, and walked towards the middle exit door.

You can't tell me that wouldn't make you nervous...

Who said anything about it being a 'fanatical' prayer? Or is that just what we call any prayer that is not christian?

I said it was fanatical, IMO, any serious prayer is fanatical by definition, the religion is irrelevant.

I agree, the driver should have said something, but as I said before, there is no way, unless it was his first day on the job, that this was his first on-duty prayer.

I can't explain it either...his behavior is very unusual.

Why does it need coverage ow?

Oh that's right, people are starting to come down off their muslim-paranoia.

I don't know that there is an agenda involved here. It's just a true story of something weird that happened on a bus recently.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join