It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Horrible feeling before a death occurs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
This is a thread for information. I had a grandmother pass away when I was a child and I told my mother that I had an aweful feeling like something bad was going to happen. A few minutes later the nursing home called and said her mother was dead.
Two weeks ago I told my wife I had a horrible feeling again like something bad was going to happen. About 5 hours later my mother called and said my sister just died. A week later the same thing happened again and my uncle died.
Well today I had the most horrific feeling I've ever had and it will not leave me alone. I can't explain it but would like some input into the whole thing.
Anyone ever heard or experienced anything like this before?
If it means anything, I have experienced downright freaky "hauntings" since I was a child. Don't know if it has anything to do with it at all but there it is.

Any input will be nice and helpful.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
For me some deaths are unexpected and sometimes we just know someone will die. When my grandmother passed away I was driving to Tim Hortons, and it started to snow. Right then I had a feeling I had to see my grandmother at the hospital, like a big urge (like something was wrong). I went right after Tim Hortons. When I got there they said she just passed away. Weird how things like that work out.

I had a very close connection with her to. Maybe that is why I felt something? Who knows.

[edit on 8-3-2010 by Maddogkull]

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Every single day someone I know or lives in my city dies, I have a bad feeling.
I can even predict who will be, sometimes.

One day, at school, I started to think about an ambulance and a person on the ground...Just that...
Than someone told me that a girl in another class fainted and a ambulance was called right when I had that thought.
The girl was befriended with one of my classmates.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Christian Voice

You may be capable of precognition (the direct knowledge or perception of the future, obtained through extrasensory means.) Or, you may have a spirit guide informing you of things. It might also be possible that you are a 'medium' and dont realsie it (able to communicate with those who have crossed over at any period of time.

It would appear that whatever it is, is something special that, if you learn more about the topics I have listed, might lead you onto a path of further discovery about yourself.

Being in contact with your inner feelings and believing in yourself and trusting the feelings are a big step towards this. It does take time to perfect though.

There are a multitude of sites across the internet (books in libraries too) that will offer you further education.

Obviously you have nothing to fear, but something has prepared you for such events. You might even have built up a strong bond between certain people and this mental link may be all that this is. Again, this is in the realms of the paranormal.

I am going to suggest a mod move this to the paranormal forum.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
People that are "Sensitive" pickup on these feelings. This is definitely "Natural" similar to animals sensing a disaster in advance. A current / order is issued and obeyed. Physical events reflect the order. What passes for a worldly cause is really an effect.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Had a dream the night before 9/11 I was standing in a baron hilly field with many white crosses depicting grave sites. I told My wife about it after waking then went to work. I had a bad feeling all that morning.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I can sense only bad things that happen to me. Moments before it happens. I get a sick feeling in my stomach. Or feel very nervous. Oddly enough before facing with death, I feel very calm, and frozen.

Involving 2 near misses with death.

1. Slipped and almost fell 50-70 feet down a icy Canyon. Until I felt someone grab my coat and yanked me back onto the flat surface. (Jasper, Alberta)

2. Being confronted by 15 aboriginals, until my parents and their friends walked into sight. (Loon Lake, Saskatchewan) Never went to Loon Lake ever since that experience. Now that I relized everytime I did go there something bad did happen when I began to visit there.

The last time I was forced to go (but didn't end up going) someone got a drill through their foot, while they were repairing the dock.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Damn, its interesting to see this thread. Back during winter break, there was this one night where I took a walk on the town and had this terrible nagging feeling in the back of my mind. Then It all just hit me at one moment, and I knew I had just lost something dear to me. As I walked back to my room, I felt very crummy, and I had no idea why. When I got back to my room, I ended up crying.

Two months passed. I get a call from a friend and he said he had been trying to call me back in December letting me know our good friend and co-worker had died. When I asked exactly when it happened, it turns out it happened the night I was feeling really depressed! I was shocked, and then amazed that I was able to feel her death. Crazy stuff.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 03:05 AM
link   
wow, yea this has definately happened to me. When I was in high school I was a Jr. Firefighter, and got my EMT certification when I was 16 (17 years old when this happened) with our local volunteer fire dept, and there was a group of us (5 guys) all on the dept together so naturally we were very close. One day after class ended and we were standing around talking (one of my friends had after school detention) and I got this really strong feeling to say goodbye to him...I mean like I completely zoned out on the conversation and this thought...consumed me i guess would be the right word.

About 3 hours after school 4 of us were sitting around talking (the feeling completely forgotten about, I was in high school, I just thought it was kinda wierd and blew it off) and tones dropped for the ATV accident on our other friends road who was earlier in afterschool detention. He had recently gotten a new go-kart, but dispatch specifically said ATV (4-wheeler) accident, with one patient lying in the road not moving.

We went and jumped on the engine, it was maybe 2 miles down the road and the closest ambulance was about 15-20 min out, so I was the closest EMT. While we were en route dispatch came back and told us it was a Go-Kart accident, still focusing only on the call at hand it never clicked that it was him. We got on scene and he was lying in the road behind his go-kart and in front of an F-350 obviously dead. Of course I worked him anyway, and not until the helicopter lifted off did I remember the feeling I had earlier.

I always just kinda thought I was crazy and that it was a freak incidince that I had that feeling, for him specifically, it wasnt just to catch up and make plans later, it was a sad, oppressing say goodbye feeling, plain and simple. Thanks for posting this, I guess I'll have to look more into these feelings.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Just before a vacation to see relatives back home, I had the most horrible feeling about the trip, which I would normally be thrilled about. I was young and kept it to myself because my parents didn't like me giving off bad vibes. I thought something bad would happen. I couldn't determine why; the feeling was so awful that I was convinced that we'll probably die in the airplane.

Two weeks into our vacation, my beloved grandma, the only person to ever physically shield me from abuse, passed away. The rest of the vacation was spend dealing with her funeral. It turns out my mom had the same feeling before the trip.

Since then, I've only had one other day of that horrible panicky feeling. By lunchtime, I couldn't take it anymore and called my parents to see if they're okay. I kept seeing someone coming toward "my" car to ask for direction and then smashing the window, which I didn't tell anyone. After my fifth call home and finding that nothing was wrong, in my desperation, I asked my mom if anything out of the ordinary was happening that day. She told me that my brother was picking up his new car. I got her to tell him to get it the next day instead.

Nothing happened that day, and I'm not sure if I was mistaken or helped avoid a bad incident. Either way, I'm just glad nothing happened that day.

Just my stories so you don't feel alone.

[edit on 17-3-2010 by ATSdelurker]

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I certainly had a horrible feeling when I died, Mostly because heart attacks are mighty painful, so is defibrilation by a really keen surgeon when your already semi-concious!

I dont recomend either!

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by wayaboveitall

LOL! Ouch, I hope you never have to experience that again.

As a second line, I might as well add that in my second story, the horrible feeling stopped after I got word that my brother would delay picking up his car. The feeling was like getting curtains removed from my view.

top topics

join