It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Step Forward for Law Enforcement, and Even Some on ATS will be Happy!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Defense against knife attacks

In a fist fight, you will likely be surprised by the knife attack, as knives are usually concealed. Most victims didn't even know the assailant had a knife until after the attack was over, with blood everywhere.

www.selfdefenseresource.com...

Real-world self-defense is a very serious matter. And while you can have a lot of fun during practice sessions, you must remember that you are not training for a sport or tournament match, where the only thing on the line is a shiny trophy or a new martial art belt.

Now back to the topic in a sense.

@LEOs on the site
Should even more advanced technology be implemented in monitoring LEOs.

Say live feeds to the internet during all pull overs and raids at the commencement of the raid?

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by rcwj1975

You know what!

Well said, and I respect that last response.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by operation mindcrime
reply to post by rcwj1975

Ever since i came to ATS, i have learned that photo's and video's are not always what they appear to be. I had no idea that digital images could be manipulated to such an extend that you could not tell the difference between reality and fiction.

I believe it will be a handy tool but i hope it will not be used as evidence for or against anything. That would be really bad IMHO...

Peace

[edit on 5-3-2010 by operation mindcrime]

It is fairly difficult to fake any video. Some UFO videos are easily faked but thats because they are CGI'ed into a blank sky. I do this stuff for a living. (or will, I'm about to graduate college) The thing is, if they tried to CGI a gun in someones hand (I saw someone mention that) they would have to deal with perception, scale, lighting, etc etc. it would be far too hard to fake something like that. However, The cops COULD simply turn off the video if they knew they were about to commit a crime.

[edit on 19-3-2010 by The_Zomar]

<< 5  6  7   >>

join