It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Future of Israel...or not

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
In todays school we are eager to make the decisions for the kids fair and pedagogical, specially if we are going to raise the tomorrows leaders...today we make the bully in a class change school so he/she become some others problem to correct...

In the end of WW2 shouldn´t the easiest way have been to give the jews a piece of land somewhere in Europe (ex. a piece of Germany as punishment ) or a piece of America...

No no no...Instead we gave them a piece of desert as far away from all of us that we could find...we moved the problem...
in normal way the bully would have settled down, and begin to build a new and bright future for him self...but in this way the bully really is dysfunctional and start to make argument with almost everyone he/she spoke with...and making a mountain of enemies...

Well here we are today with Israel...almost no nation would care if they where wiped out of the map...and here they are still hoping for a bankrupt and unpopular US to help them when their enemies knocking on the front door...

So here is the question...should we take responsibility for the action we did back then when we moved them out from the western world...or should we just look the other way when history has it´s going...

For the record...I really dont have anything against jews...just think the issue is worth debating...

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by OddTimeSignature

Your bully analogy seems a bit disconnected from fact. If I remember right, the Jews were the ones being bullied by the Germans. Remember the whole gas chamber deal?

So we did not move a bunch of bullies to the middle east. We moved a race that was being victimized by a good portion of the rest of the world.

Whether that was the best place to move them is debatable, but they aren't going to get moved anytime soon. So I say there is no real reason to give it much thought.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Israel is definitely recognized by the international community. They may not be well-liked by the majority, but there is NObody calling for the destruction of Israel. Not even Ahmadinejad, nor Hamas, nor Hezbollah, say such things. (Though you'll hear war-mongering fools claim otherwise despite no evidence)

However if they continue to ignore the international community, there very well may come a crisis point where they are forced to retreat to the 1967 borders or face some kind of sanctions themselves. They aren't going anywhere, but that doesn't really matter - Jews and Muslims got along just fine in that part of the world for thousands of years - there is nothing inherently evil about Israelis or Jews, but a great deal of them have been brainwashed into an unscrupulous rationalization process.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Check out this link. I think I found it from another ATS thread, but I don't really recall how I came across this story. It gripped me right around bedtime last night. republicbroadcasting.org...

I apologize if this link belongs in a different thread. I'll start a new one if need be.

For the record; I consider myself an equal. I don't hate or am prejudiced against people, only the things they do that I don't agree with.

And, I hope, because I confess not reading thread -prior to posting, that this post even has a place in this thread

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Is the future of Israel really important to most grass roots Americans?

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   

www.presstv.ir...

The Leader of the Islamic Revolution Ayatollah Seyyed Ali Khamenei, speaking on the merry anniversary of the birth of Islam's Prophet Mohammad (PBUH), underscored the importance of the Palestinian issue for the Muslim world and called on Muslims to unite around the teachings of the holy Prophet.

Ayatollah Khamenei described the "forged, Zionist regime of Israel" as a "dangerous cancer tumor" and insisted that "the only way (for Muslims) to defend against this severe cancer and its supporters is to return to Islam" and unite around the teachings of the glorious Prophet of Islam.

Addressing a group of Iranian officials and foreign guests and dignitaries in Tehran on Thursday, the Leader expounded on the reasons for numerous problems and shortcomings in the Muslim world in defending their rights and cited "tireless efforts by the US, the British, and other enemies of Islam in sowing discord" among Muslim masses.

The leader of the Islamic Revolution then emphasized that such bullying and domineering countries are well-aware that "discord and duplicity" can divert the focus of the Muslims from the very important issue of Palestine. "This is the reason that they resort to any possible means to flare the flame of ethnic, religious and geographic conflict among the hearts and minds of the Shia and Sunni, as well as the followers of other Islamic sects."

Ayatollah Khamenei further spoke of Israeli oppression of the Palestinians, describing the occupation of Palestine as a wound on the body of the Islamic Nation."

The Leader of the Islamic Revolution also declared that "unity of Muslims and defending the Palestinian issue are among the aspirations and priorities of the Islamic Republic (of Iran)."

Recalling the words and major concerns of the late founder of the Islamic Revolution Imam Khomeini regarding Muslim unity and the Palestinian issue, the Leader added, "The Islamic establishment, all of the country's officials and the great nation of Iran view such fundamental issues as religious obligations, and their words and remarks (on these issues) have been and remain the same."

Ayatollah Khamenei also expressed hope that Islamic governments, in tune with their people, would follow the eminent Prophet of Islam in efforts to bring unity among Muslims and to defend their rights, "especially in countering the cancerous, oppressive Israeli tumor and its supporters."

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
where the hell else would you put them?

there werent any jewish states at the time, and it remains the only one today.

thats where they all originally came from, some poeple just moved in when they moved out. and didnt want to leave when we put them back.

what we should have done was given the palestinians a state, but they didnt want to go back to where they originated from, and none of the neighboring states (all islamic...) wanted them either.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by OddTimeSignature

I'm not a good history buff.
I am pretty sure though that it was Great Britain who forged the Israeli state. Being that I'm in the US, am I to assume you mean the US when you said "we?"
In terms of all of us here; we are we. Diplomatically speaking.
And given the pages I've been reading elsewhere lately, I'd say that Israel is due for a long awaited dose of Karma, if what I've been reading is an actual reality.
Do I like their tactics and technique in dealing with their neighbors? NO!!!
I used to think that I should learn Hebrew so that when God came back, I'd understand him. Just a funny thought, eh?

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by SphinxMontreal
Is the future of Israel really important to most grass roots Americans?

Well in some way the ""real""american...maby without any insight in question have brung forward the current state of the israelian arrogant way...just by having the wrong president in power ???

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
If the naziz havent invade parts of Europe...would the rest of Europe have cared about concentrationcamps ? ...or did we know all the time and at the end of war we all washed hands by blaming Germany...???

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
- The Future Of Israel
- The Future Of The Rest Of The Mankind

These are becoming increasingly mutually exclusive concepts.

top topics

join