It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satanists Even in the Vatican?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ACTS 2:38

I would say it goes the other way around. One of the greatest deceptions perpetrated on mankind is that Satan does exist. There is no evidence of the existence of Satan and the Biblical stories of Satan make about as much sense as most myths do when taken literally and looked at with a logical mind they fall to pieces.

The Devil Made me Do it, the use of Satan as a scapegoat for our own sins, is common. Human beings will do ANYTHING to avoid admitting faults within themselves. They will create goblins and devils, elaborate myths. They will fabricate lies. They will project their own flaws on others. Anything to avoid what Jesus referred to as "the log in their own eye".

Satan also serves as a boogeyman for the superstitious hence why his image went from Fallen Angel to Pan-like goatman. Fortunately in recent times great strides have been made against the blind superstition of centuries passed and most no longer believe in boogeymen.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Satan's greatest opponent on Earth is the Pope?

haha oh dear, we really are in trouble!

"Fr. Amorth replied, "Of course, he was informed. But he does what he can. It's a horrifying thing." "

Now I'm guessing that the pope isn't doing all he can otherwise they wouldn't still be there. So to me that equals being involved with them.

[edit on 9-3-2010 by Frakkerface]

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 02:45 AM
link   
I think the Vatican is a holy place, surrounded by false bishops, brothers, and priests to tear down the catholic church, which started it's decay in 1963. Pope Paul VI said the quote that through some fissure, satan's smoke have entered the church.

My question to anyone with knowledge on this, is WHY is the all seeing eye all over catholic churches and medallion.

www.ourladyofamerica.org... -Our Lady of America's medal with the all seeing eye on it's back.

www.jesus-is-savior.com... -Protestant ran website showing the all seeing eye symbol everywhere on churches.

en.wikipedia.org... -same symbol, double meaning?

I am Catholic myself, and went to Holy Hill Church near Milwaukee, WI and they had a 3' X 3' painting of it in it's entrance to the main church. Is this with dealing of the third secret of Fatima? Is it the freemason's goal to use its tag to overrule the church? I know it can have a double meaning, but it just doesn't feel right.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Good news for you folks worried about Satan - there is no such guy. There is, however, many people named Stan - almost all of whom practice Stanism. Luckily, this is a relatively benign type of sect which focuses chiefly on getting what Stan wants for himself.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by PurnellMeagre
Good news for you folks worried about Satan - there is no such guy. There is, however, many people named Stan - almost all of whom practice Stanism. Luckily, this is a relatively benign type of sect which focuses chiefly on getting what Stan wants for himself.

There may be no Satan, but Satanists certainly do exist. Satanists may be harmless agnostics using the name for whatever personal reason, but some Satanists also practice strange rituals. People have been murdered in rituals.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Drunkenshrew

You know - you've got me - the fact that Satan doesn't exist actually is irrelevant. I think that Satan is a metaphor for the fact that we are descended from monkeys - but that, of course, begs the question, "Where do the monkeys come from??"

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Satanists in the Vatican?
Absolutely.
Religion was created by the evil to control the masses.

Argue with me religion isn't evil, and I'll point you to the Catholic pope's walkin around smellin like little boys booty holes.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by mweiss
My question to anyone with knowledge on this, is WHY is the all seeing eye all over catholic churches and medallion.
The all seeing eye has always represented God watching over us. Nothing more, nothing less. Conspiracy theorists just want to give it a bad rep.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by JoshNorton

right, and the upside down cross is fine. And the drinking of christ's blood and eating his flesh. Not satanic sounding at all.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frakkerface
reply to post by JoshNorton

right, and the upside down cross is fine. And the drinking of christ's blood and eating his flesh. Not satanic sounding at all.
I have no opinion on that one way or the other, not being Catholic, myself.

I'm just saying that as long as humankind has envisioned their deities as being all-seeing, all-knowing, all-powerful, they have been pictorially represented by the image of an eye, going at least as far back as the Egyptians. Christianity has used the image extensively, both in churches and pre-Renaissance paintings depicting saints, the annunciation, and other motifs. Furthermore, the all-seeing-eye within a triangle has traditionally represented a specifically trinitarian Christian ideology.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join