It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doubts about Freemasonry, with all the respect I ask for answers to both freemasons, and other peopl

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Masons have lost their lodges because they could not afford them?!
That sounds weak.
Y'all needz to make sum money.

Get back into piracy on the seas or sell smack. Caesar sells smack!
Take that. Jump back. OooooooBAMA!!!

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cabaret Voltaire
That sounds weak.

You got that right!

The problem in my lodge is that more of the rich old Masons are dying every year than we are having new poor masons join.

It makes it hard to rule the world when you are broke.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cabaret Voltaire
That sounds weak.

Uh huh! That's how MTV Canada came to own the former Toronto Masonic Temple on Yonge Street. Pity really. More of the story here.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by JoshNorton

Which country would that be, out of curiosity? I wasn't aware of 33° Scottish Rite systems outside of the US, though there may be some. I may be mistaken, but I believe the Scottish Rite system (which actually has French origins, despite the name) only has 18 degrees in England, for instance.

All of them are 33° systems. It's just that in most countries, the naturally stopping point is the 18°, with all degrees above the 18° being honorary.

This is obviously different in the US and Canada, where the 32° is the natural stopping point, with only the 33° being honorary.

All regular Scottish Rite bodies require belief in the existence of God. It could be that the individual in question is a member of only a pseudo-Masonic obedience, such as the Grand Orient of France, that allows atheists as members. Such groups are not recognized as legitimate by orthodox Freemasonry.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light
All of them are 33° systems. It's just that in most countries, the naturally stopping point is the 18°, with all degrees above the 18° being honorary.

This is obviously different in the US and Canada, where the 32° is the natural stopping point, with only the 33° being honorary.

All regular Scottish Rite bodies require belief in the existence of God. It could be that the individual in question is a member of only a pseudo-Masonic obedience, such as the Grand Orient of France, that allows atheists as members. Such groups are not recognized as legitimate by orthodox Freemasonry.
Thanks for the clarification.

[edit on 4/22/2010 by JoshNorton]

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join