It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Changes I've noticed to the World Map (Timelineshift)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I know there have been threads made by many people at this point, but I would want to add from my perspective as far as changes.

I want to remind you that this is just my perception of what I believed happen, So please keep the Trolling to a minimum.

Here we go:

1)Antartica just got huge beyond belief
2)The pacific ocean shrank
3) the Aluetian Island of the Coast of Alaska are no longer leading to the tip of Russia
4)Australia Moved up
4)New Zealand Flipped around and was NE of Australia
5) The Bahama Island have been displaced, Florida did not have these islands of their East Coast
6) North Atlantic and South Atlantic Oceans got smaller, North and South America are now Closer to Africa and Europe.
7) South America looks like a wave pushed it
8) the Falkland Island moved down from where they were or South America moved up.
9) Puerto Rico moved.
10) England moved closer to France and shifted.
11) Greenland is way to close to Canada, it was never that close.
12) The Pacific Ocean Island looked squished as does Indoneasia and New Guinea
13) Africa moved up and the Meditteranian got smaller
14) Sweden and Norway looked as if they shifted down
15) Denmark was never that close to Sweden and Norway
16) A chain of Islands that were never by Antartica and South America, looked like water bashed right through.
17) Cant confirm this one but wasn't Sri Lanka on the other side
(Anyone varify)
18) Long Island is now really close to New York
19) Japan is smaller and not as streched out.

From my perception... I really think the timeline is going back in time...

[edit on 3/4/2010 by FoxStriker]

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Who is the map maker ?

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Lacenaire

by apologies, these are changes that I've notice were different when I looked at the map... I love Geography... the Map looks extremely different to me.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
What kind of maps are you comparing. Different types of maps distort in different ways. I know this doesn't account of all of the items on your list, but it could explain some.
Here is an example of some of the common types of map projections.

More info: www.colorado.edu...

[edit on 4-3-2010 by Tearman]

+55 more 
posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by FoxStriker

This whole thing is destroying ATS. It's a plague of ignorance.

Just because you really really suck at Geography does not mean that the timeline has shifted.

Stop with these threads about continents moving, it's really disturbing even.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I'm not sure of the timeline to which you are referencing, but here is an article that would help explain the part about Islands moving:

Earthquakes and rising land; two tectonic processes in phase with
equinoctial precession (and ice ages).

For proof, look at Barbados, the easternmost island in the Lesser
Antilles in the Caribbean. Barbados is terraced. From the air, the
terraces look like a huge flight of stairs.

Two theories exist as to what formed the terraces. Each theory
begins with the same premise, that the island periodically rose from
the sea during a major earthquake. Each time it rose, the first theory goes, one reef died and a new one grew at a lower point on the island.
The second theory holds that each terrace was carved from a single large fossil reef. Each time the island rose, wave action sculpted a
new terrace.

In 1965, Professor Robley K. Matthews of Brown University had the
terraces dated. The lowest one dated at 82,000 years old, the second one dated at 103,000, and the top one dated at 122,000. The steps had been sculpted in sync with precession of the equinoxes. (Broecker
et al., 1968)

Other parts of the world also rose in sync with precession. Each terrace on New Guinea's Huon Peninsula, for example, formed when it abruptly rose above sea level during a major earthquake in sync with precession (Bloom, Broecker, Chappell, Matthews, and Mesolella). The Florida Keys also rose in sync with precession (Broecker and Thurber). So did the Bahamas and the Ryukyu Islands. Other rapidly rising reefs have been dated at 66,000 ± 4,000 years, others at 48,000 years—all in sync with equinoctial precession. Even the exposed beds in southern Scandinavia south of Göteburg, which uplifted about 10,000 years ago, rose in sync with precession.

And the pace is picking up. "The rates of modern movements are
significantly greater than the average rates over the past 130 my,"
said Officer and Drake. "These movements may be episodic," said
Officer, "with a cycle as short as 10,000 years." (Tectonics, 1985)

What would make huge chunks of land halfway around the world
from each other rise in phase with equinoctial precession?

Electromagnetic forces—unleashed by magnetic reversals.

Link: www.iceagenow.com...

+35 more 
posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by OdovacarDvilhelm

This whole thing is destroying ATS. It's a plague of ignorance.

Just because you really really suck at Geography does not mean that the timeline has shifted.

Stop with these threads about continents moving, it's really disturbing even.

What destroys ATS is people that have no interest in a topic, but simply stop by to insult the OP and derail the thread.

Move on.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Please No Trolling, I know Geography... I'm not saying your wrong, but I know that what I see on the map as changes that have occured are true...

I'm here on ATS for a reason, I do see a change, in fact a lot of changes to the map...

And if anthing this is more disturbing to me considering I majored in History as well as history of country's so i noticed the changes.

In fact I'm finding out I'm not the only one, I have friends who are saying the same thing.

[edit on 3/4/2010 by FoxStriker]

+15 more 
posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

What I said needs to be said. It's quite obvious.

All maps change and evolve as we learn more, first of all.

Second of all, if you thought something was out of place, that's human error, you're error. Why would you jump to the least likely thing of ever happening? A timeline shift?

Just because you thought that country was there instead of there?

It's the jumping to the extreme that reality has to change and use magical processes just so you don't have to admit you have problems with Geography!

[edit on 4-3-2010 by OdovacarDvilhelm]

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by FoxStriker
Please No Trolling, I know Geography...

Obviously not.

I'm not saying your wrong, but I know that what I see on the map as changes that have occured are true...

Well except it's not true, it is little more than a figment of your imagination.

I'm here on ATS for a reason, I do see a change, in fact a lot of changes to the map...

Lots of people on ATS claim to have seen lots of things, most of the time they are mistaken or just plain lying.

This thread is fail.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Come on people, they did state that:

(I want to remind you that this is just my perception of what I believed happen, So please keep the Trolling to a minimum.)

We are all entitled to our opinions and beliefs aren't we! Just saying....

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Did you read my post or jump to a conclusion.

Its my perception of the changes,

what you say is as ignorant as you having an opinion on ATS *you show you registered today*

This is due to 3 reasons:

1)You were banned for trolling
2)If you go by another name, you don't want to get banned with that username due to your Trolling or overly opinionated attitude or your lack of sticking to any subject whatsover
3)You can't stick to the subject unless it coinside with your own views, hence probably you uncontrolable trolling

and if you care so much about ATS, then you would understand that it's closed minded people like you that are going to be the end of ATS.

A person as closed minded as you can't comprehend or doesn't want to comprehend anything outside of their ignorance.

So please stick to the subject, and keep your hate to yourself.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
And what maps are you comparing to notice these differences ?

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I also know what I say has been mentioned before but like the OP I'll say it too. Do you know the amount of people who I've guided to ATS after my utter praise for the content, contributors and ideology of the site who have pulled me on these threads?

I have not defended the threads as I don't feel I need to, but a few mates have laughed at them and said they still understand the site and continue to visit.

Now I have every respect for people who feel they have found something that does not meet their expectations of life and the world they thought they know. After all isn't that a massive part of what ATS is about? But sometimes we have to distinguish between searching for answers to these questions and the sort of claims that are made which cause more harm than good for the site and the research a lot of good people are doing on here.

Yes I understand that the OP may feel aggrieved by this and think it is an attack, but can I reassure everybody that it is not. All I am saying is can we have a period of reflection, research and realisation before we start throwing up any old thread about any old anomaly we find in our own particular universe.

I refer you to this picture I found on the Lamebook site. A site with the sole purpose of ridiculing people who leave their nonsense footprints on the internet via Facebook.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/680e56e6006d.png[/atsimg]

Lamebook AMP, sorry that was moved I mean MAP.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
All I can say is: Oh no, here we go again....

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   

I commend you for posting these details. You also have the trolls so eager to shut you down that one wonders for whom they work.

You are most certainly not alone in noticing changes. Pointing out the changes on the world map is one straightforward way of addressing the phenomenon. The other is in noting changes in histories and timelines.

While it is easy to take potshots at USAmericans on geography, this is not simply a USAmerican phenomenon. I am Canadian and I have been collecting stories and histories from people I have encountered who claimed the world is not as it was.

To my shame I recall that the very first person who brought this to my attention drew my stern rebuke, but as the years have rolled on I have watched and noted changes and have come to the conclusion that time must be woven from probability strands that are constantly in flux. I have a few other ideas about this, but I think pointing to a map and noting changes create awareness of the strangeness of time itself.

So I sincerely thank you for your OP. And if there is any consolation to be offered, it is that your world -- while somewhat strange to you -- is not as strange as the world is to some others ... others who have experienced the loss of family members or the gain of a child with no surrounding memories. Most of these were funneled toward psychiatrists and the like, but the internet opened up the possibility of discovering that one was not alone nor was one geographically challenged ... There is a mystery here. It is worth noting, recording and addressing.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ThePeaceMaker

I am comparing it to what I remember, that's why I posted this, to see if anyone else has noticed these changes, In fact I had to go back to my college papers to re-look at maps I used for the Pacific Campaigns during WW II, I was in disbelief.

In Fact when I saw The Bahamas of the East Coast of Florida instead of under them, I knew I had to at least ask.

Friends that I have known here in California are telling me the same thing, some believe they were always there and some say they weren't there.

So to me its an extremely perplexing matter. In fact I didn't even notice the other threads regarding Australia and New Zealand till yesterday.

I knew I was taking a big risk of alienating myself here on ATS by putting up the thread.

But hell why be here on ATS unless you plan to learn or seek truth.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Im sorry but the world has never changed in my eyes so without seeing these maps you are looking at, im not believing this for one moment. Sorry the reply isnt to cause and offense or argument just my view. If you can prove to me your right then i er ... erm ... will polish your shoes for a whole week

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Well, if your recollection of world maps differs significantly from world maps as they appear today, we are faced with two distinct possibilities:

Either, your recollection is inaccurate, or all the maps in the world have changed. How could you tell the difference between these two contingencies? Which is more likely to be the correct explanation?

Just as a test, why not make a drawing of as much of the world as you can, without looking at any maps (or pictures, descriptions, etc), and then post it onto ATS, so that we can see how complete your recollection of world geography really is? I'll post my map first so that if you post yours, it wont be the only one: yfrog.com...
Wow, embarrassing, huh? Would I notice if half of European, Asian, or African countries changed position?

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
People have trouble remembering where they parked their car or where they left their house keys so the fact there are some deluded people who swear blind Ireland is off the east coast of the UK mainland or that Alaska was an island speaks more about how poor some people's perception is. No grand conspiracy, no changing timelines, just some people who have difficulty admitting they're a little stupid when it comes to geography.

[edit on 4-3-2010 by fumanchu]

<<   2  3  4 >>

join