It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blackwater/Xe starting to make a comeback!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Hello ATS, I came across this article here that is not good news at all.

Link

It seems that blackwater (now known as Xe services) is trying to make a comeback ever since their contracts got canceled in the middle east for the killings of innocent iraqi civilians.

Xe has been shifting its work to training, aviation and logistics after its security guards were accused of killing unarmed Iraqi civilians more than two years ago.

And now their trying to get a $1 Billion deal to train Afghanistan's national police force.

However, as bad as this seems that this corrupt company is trying to make a comeback, this is what blew my mind the most.

Now, Xe is among

five companies
eligible to compete for a $1 billion contract to train Afghanistan's national police force.

5 companies?! Xe is one (if not the most) powerful private army in the world, yet their competing with 5 other companies? Does this mean that there are groups out there just as powerful as Xe, that we don't know about??

[edit on 4-3-2010 by toast317]

[edit on 4-3-2010 by toast317]

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Xe never went away. They just laid low for a few.

I would say that Wackenhut is probably larger and more powerful than Xe ever was. Dyncorp is HUGE.KBR, Northrop Grumman, Raytheon and G4S are all MAJOR players.

Globally, there is also Aegis Defense services in the UK, Omega Group in Norway, CATS FAC in india....

Military contractors are becoming more and more prominent everywehre.

Xe has been used as a deflection-they are the big bad wolf, so people dont even notice the other, far bigger, players out there.

And for the record, every single American contractor that I named has stated flat out that they wish to expand their operations within the United States.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

The man speaks the truth. So long as bloodshed and violence are worth money to people, PMCs will be there to profit from it.

Another thing we as a country should consider is that most if not all PMCs run a far more efficient racket. They can deliver the same and more as can say, the national guard, for less. We should all hope that our Government does not come to the same conclusion.

My primary concern is that should martial law be declared and the people rebel against it, it will be PMCs employed by the government doing all the 'pacifying' of urban zones.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Loki
reply to post by captaintyinknots

The man speaks the truth. So long as bloodshed and violence are worth money to people, PMCs will be there to profit from it.

Another thing we as a country should consider is that most if not all PMCs run a far more efficient racket. They can deliver the same and more as can say, the national guard, for less. We should all hope that our Government does not come to the same conclusion.

My primary concern is that should martial law be declared and the people rebel against it, it will be PMCs employed by the government doing all the 'pacifying' of urban zones.

Agreed. We already saw them on american land during Katrina.

In the case of another major event in this country, you can bet a buffalo nickel that they will be marching down the streets.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Good God!

You guys brought the SCARY out pretty quickly.

Not arguing, I think you are both right.

But it is scary.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Loki

In total agreement with everything except for your statement about private companies being able to deliver the same for less. The Pentagon may lose huge amounts of money but PMC's sure pay their soldiers a helluva lot more. They also pad their accounts, double bill etc. so in the end I would gather the cost is about the same.
The cost we cannot afford is for this to continue to grow. It's far better to have soldiers under military authority and swearing oaths to uphold and defend the Constitution than to have corporate thugs running amok who only answer to the almighty paycheck.
The privatization rage that Reagan got rolling has blown up in our faces and cost America jobs and money. After all, the military is ONE thing that the government actually has the Constitutional authority to create.
PMC's need to be outlawed internationally. It only creates careers for psychopaths and murderers.

Should they deploy mercs on America soil I bet you things will get ugly for them real fast. It won't be the cakewalk for them that Katrina was because next time around WE WON'T be giving up our guns. Put that in your pipe Erik Prince and smoke it.

[edit on 4-3-2010 by Asktheanimals]

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
You are dead wrong about PMC's operating on U.S. soil against U.S. Citizens ever again! Katrina was it's own beast and a test. It did not go well.

You people have no idea what would happen to any invading force that sets foot on U.S. Soil fighting or trying to supress the American People. You just have no idea.

Can you imagine 30 million people coming at you all at once from everywhere? That is just 10% of the capable population in the US. That does not include present, reserve and former military, law enforcement and good ole boys with skills and guns. Now ad in the former operators, former military and older veterans that are really keeping an eye on things. Then bring in your patriotic agents from various agencies and you have a force that no one on earth would want to mess with. No one!

Now ad 70 million more people to that equation and you have your standard 1/3 of the population that would KICK ASS or die trying.

NO MATTER WHO TOLD YOU OR WHERE YOU HEARD IT FROM, IT IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN AND EVEN IF IT DID THEY WOULD LOSE BADLY!

I am imagining my neighbor zipping a line of Think they are's coming in from Mexico or Canada heading for a hot spot with an warpig. Or the Marine Cobra pilot I ride with doing his thing. Hell, my neighbor has 50 cal. bolt action and he is a better shot than a few snipers I have met. I just don't see it happening. Me, well I have my air rifle and a slingshot.

Imagine what would have to take place in order for martial law to happen. The order itself would have to come from DC and that alone would be an act of treason and that would not be good. I still a little puzzeled on the interpol thing though, I support it for certain specific ops against terrorists and international criminals but that is it.

Even a prestaged and preplanned insertion would be countered in a matter of minutes by the people. Minutes!

This ain't the Movies boys!

100 million people with guns pointed at who ever! Not going to happen.

When I hear things like this it just makes me wonder what happen to the guys I served with that made the move to a MERC CO. I just don't understand why you can't get the killing out of your blood.

You never know, we might just get all of these problems sovled in the mid-term elections when all of these stupid traiterous basturds get voted out of office in NOV.

The people have had enough of the corruption. Obama is a one termer and the corrupted thugs in washington are going to be out of a job in nov.

Have a nice day,

Eye of Eagle

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by EYEOFEAGLE
You are dead wrong about PMC's operating on U.S. soil against U.S. Citizens ever again! Katrina was it's own beast and a test. It did not go well.

You people have no idea what would happen to any invading force that sets foot on U.S. Soil fighting or trying to supress the American People. You just have no idea.

Can you imagine 30 million people coming at you all at once from everywhere? That is just 10% of the capable population in the US. That does not include present, reserve and former military, law enforcement and good ole boys with skills and guns. Now ad in the former operators, former military and older veterans that are really keeping an eye on things. Then bring in your patriotic agents from various agencies and you have a force that no one on earth would want to mess with. No one!

Now ad 70 million more people to that equation and you have your standard 1/3 of the population that would KICK ASS or die trying.

NO MATTER WHO TOLD YOU OR WHERE YOU HEARD IT FROM, IT IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN AND EVEN IF IT DID THEY WOULD LOSE BADLY!

I am imagining my neighbor zipping a line of Think they are's coming in from Mexico or Canada heading for a hot spot with an warpig. Or the Marine Cobra pilot I ride with doing his thing. Hell, my neighbor has 50 cal. bolt action and he is a better shot than a few snipers I have met. I just don't see it happening. Me, well I have my air rifle and a slingshot.

Imagine what would have to take place in order for martial law to happen. The order itself would have to come from DC and that alone would be an act of treason and that would not be good. I still a little puzzeled on the interpol thing though, I support it for certain specific ops against terrorists and international criminals but that is it.

Even a prestaged and preplanned insertion would be countered in a matter of minutes by the people. Minutes!

This ain't the Movies boys!

100 million people with guns pointed at who ever! Not going to happen.

When I hear things like this it just makes me wonder what happen to the guys I served with that made the move to a MERC CO. I just don't understand why you can't get the killing out of your blood.

You never know, we might just get all of these problems sovled in the mid-term elections when all of these stupid traiterous basturds get voted out of office in NOV.

The people have had enough of the corruption. Obama is a one termer and the corrupted thugs in washington are going to be out of a job in nov.

Have a nice day,

Eye of Eagle

1)No I am not wrong. If you think I am, go to a few of these company's websites and check out their mission statements.

2)It's just as likely that citizens would welcome them with open arms. In fact, I would say that that is the MOST LIKELY scenario. The american people are easily manipulated.

3)You truly think every american would stand against mandated martial law? Especially if many of them have orders to follow?

4)There's a big difference between "it wont happen' and 'they wouldnt win'. And again, you are assuming that one day they will just declare martial law and march 'em down the street. Im sorry, but it just wont happen this way. Again, when the time comes, the tactic will be to get teh citizens begging for their help.

5)You are right, this aint the movies. Fear would play a very real part in this. Many people would bow down, purely out of fear.

I feel like maybe you have watched red dawn one too many times

6)Yeah, I have been hearing about how the 'thugs are on their way out" now for oh, say, 30 years. When it happens, Ill let you know

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
No, they're not making a comeback. They never went away. PMFs have been the way of warfare since the 80's. Even IMF contracts with PMFs for intelligence (not that they've found any
)

Here's a list of a few PMFs:

PAE, ICI Oregon, KZN Security, Dyncorp, Empower Loss Control Services, MPRI, IDAS, Airscan, Ronco, DSL, Spoornet, Hart Group, Lifeguard, Eric SA, Iris, Secrets, Sandline, Cubic, IBC, the Alpha firm, Armorgroup, Ango-Segu, Silver Shadows, Vinnell, BDM, Booz-Allen Hamilton, SAIC, O'Gara, Cable and Wireless, COFRAS, ABAC, OGS, PHL, Grayworks Security, Strategic Communication Laboratories, Trident, EAST Inc., Spearhead Ltd., Aviation Development Corp, Betac, Training and Doctrine Command, Omega Air Inc, ATAC, OAO Corp., DFI International, Logicon, EO, Brown and Root (who built Guantanamo Bay)

I'm sure not all of these are in business anymore, but you get the idea, globally there are hundreds of PMFs. Many are regional and many provide niche services (such as recruiting, infowars, psyops) They are involved in every conflict in some capacity.

A good book on the subject (and where I learned about these specific PMFs) is Corporate Warriors, the Rise of the Privatized Military Industry, by P.W. Singer, Cornell University Press. It's a pretty interesting read.

top topics

join