It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hellooo from AK!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Hey hey

I've been browsing the forum for a couple years and generally lurking, but finally decided to start posting. I'm in my late twenties and have always been curious about what is going on behind the mainstream. I've only just recently decided to stop being such a bystander about it.

To start with I'm wondering how many other people are in Alaska on ATS? I'd love to see what other people here have experienced or are wondering about.

I've often felt Alaska had a lot of potential for activity, being that with its size it would be easy to hide things. On the other hand I tend to think it doesn't have a lot of spiritual activity, minus the native villages maybe, due to it's relatively short length as a state and lack of overall history.

Anyways looking forward to seeing and sharing with other members - maybe see if anyone else here has had experiences of some kind.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by UnmitigatedDisaster

Hi UnmitigatedDisaster, and welcome to ATS. For now you can only reply to any threads in any forums you wish. Once you have reached 20 posts you will be able to start your own threads, you also will be able to send & receive U2U's (messages) to and from the membership. For now your U2U capability is limited to staff only.

Take you time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Terms and Conditions

Sauron,
Moderator.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS! I hope to see you on the forums, i´m hoping we can share ideas some fine day.

Thou need 20 posts to create a thread as Sauron over here posted, but they´ll fly by so i hope it´ll be interesting.

[edit on 4/3/10 by Bildeberg]

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Hoping so, these days it seems events of all kinds are occurring in higher numbers than I can recall in the past ten years. Which actually says a lot when you think I only casually paid attention as time allowed. When someone who doesn't pay a lot of direct attention is starting to hear a lot about them, and a bit of minor looking finds huge amounts, seems like you can't ignore it after a while.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Where abouts you from in that great state?

I spent 7 years commercial fishing off the tip of Chicagof Island in SE.
Great times in a great state!

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
The only city worth staying in long term - Anchorage

Though I've visited just about everywhere else at some point or another. Planning on going up to Fairbanks this summer on a road trip to coincide with the public HAARP facility viewing.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I don't know anyone from Anchorage.....but i got some buddies in Fairbanks.

Be sure and let us know about the HAARP thing. Adios.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by UnmitigatedDisaster

Greetings from S.E. AK. Welcome aboard.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnmitigatedDisaster

I've often felt Alaska had a lot of potential for activity, being that with its size it would be easy to hide things. On the other hand I tend to think it doesn't have a lot of spiritual activity, minus the native villages maybe, due to it's relatively short length as a state and lack of overall history.

Uhhh... the native people have been in this state for tens of thousands of years, haven't they?

If anything, becoming a state has destroyed spiritual activity for the most part, just like everywhere else in the country...

I'm in fairbanks, by the way.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by alaskan

Originally posted by UnmitigatedDisaster

Uhhh... the native people have been in this state for tens of thousands of years, haven't they?

If anything, becoming a state has destroyed spiritual activity for the most part, just like everywhere else in the country...

I'm in fairbanks, by the way.

Read again mate, "minus the native villages" ie: if there was any it be there.

And really depending on your view of how spiritual activity is intensified becoming a state isn't so much an issue as conflict and/or heightened emotional periods. Seeing as Alaska really hasn't seen a ton of conflict since it became a state, and certainly not a lot in the major cities, I just don't see it being as potent. Again the -exception- would be in the long established villages and a few other areas.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
My grandparents homesteaded and i was raised in willow area. The things i find interesting seem to be the land trying to talk to the whites, and coming out different than what the natives hear. Like sleeping lady, the only native stories i have ever heard about her were that one tribe would mourn facing the water from the part that looks like her hair. The white version speaks to alot of people and in my opinion the couple of possible "origin"s do not fit with the history i know of it.

then there are the native stories that the whites picked up, believed in and saw. etc. im thinking specifically of the big foot type critters and the dead tied in with the northern lights.

ill see what links i have floating around and any info i can find online and post them here somewhere. also in my opinion again, statehood should not be a factor in any search. whites had been there for a long while before then, not as long as the natives obviously.

one last thing, more of a rant. anchorage is a great city if you want to see alot of lower 48s crammed in one little place driving big SUVs telling each other how great and tough they are cause they are alaskans. if thats where you live i sugest getting out and seeing alaska. for those of you who havnt been up there, try not to base your view of alaska by anchorage and palin. Although those two are doing their best to reshape the place how they want it.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
theirs a few of us Alaskans on the site, you may see us around.

congrats on becoming a part of ATS.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Sweet, glad to see there are other people here from the ol last frontier heh.

So what are you folks interests?

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS!
I lived in Alaska for 4 years. Been gone for 2! I miss many things about it

Have fun here!

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Yeah I definitely love it here, though I'd rather that it was constantly summer but hey that's just me hah.

top topics

join