It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An appeal from a cop...

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
1. A Police officer having a bad day can ruin a persons life

ruined mine...now what? love police? marry the government? give up life?

A person looses his consensual freedom then the house of cards fall.

Thanx to all you police

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Hey cop, investigate this:

Originally posted by QuantumDeath

Originally posted by seethelight
reply to post by NorEaster

Sorry, which of his beliefs are you using to justify murder?

When is killing people that work for the government murder? These people know damn well that what they are working for is a symbol of "Corruption, Deception, and Evil". They don't care if they are working to inslave their own people, just as long as they get paid. Goverment agencies have enough blood on them to completely fill 50+, 12ft deep swimming pools, and they all got away with murder by making these things look like a freak accident or a suicide.

They're going to get whats coming to them and this is just the beginning of it.

[edit on 5-3-2010 by QuantumDeath]

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by pajoly
reply to post by dariousg

"The tackling, kicking, punching and so on of the victims/perps was a bit excessive. Yet, in many of those cases we were not privvy to what took place beforehand."

OP, you still just don't get it, do you? A "bit excessive"??!! How about totally unf'ing necessary. At that point the suspect is completely overwhelmed in numbers. None of the exhibited force was necessary, but instead was retribution while the getting was good. (Cops know that they can do most anything during the arrest and just chalk it up to procedure.)

You purport to be one of the one of the good cops, but listen to yourself making excuses and pretending like the violence was somehow justified. You speak of our not knowing what preceded the video. Are you kidding me? So every action deserves retribution, swift and immediate. Are you the damned judge and jury now too? Poor, abused cops, their adrenaline was just peaking! Are you professionals or not?

The fact you'd dare to say what I quoted from you and think that perfectly acceptable from one who thinks he is the good cop, shows EXACTLY how core the problem is. Look in the mirror, man. For humanity's sake!

Um, that's not my quote...

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by JWH44

I am an excop, I know what you mean. However it is getting to be to commanplace. The screening process is either not being adhered to or it has changed in preperation to the establishment of martial law and a dictatorship. I do not know which, I do know that in either event there will be Hell to pay once it starts. But it is on the heads of those in the shadow government, not those that lay their lives on the line. My best advice is to know the Constitution and follow it without regard to "orders".!!

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
cops are like the revolutionary guard in Iran. they whack anyone who steps out of the party line. cops are just a tool used by the elite to keep the slaves from revolting. Even if an individual officer is a decent human being, he is still holding the whip to my back metaphorically speaking.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by psyko45
Response to the OP.

First thought.I dont believe you concerning your identity.

Second. If you were who you say you are, why would you care what anyone ath ATS thinks or says, unless you were looking for something speciffic and are willing to barter for that intel. You must have 100% faith in your security or you are suicidal. And in either case that doesnt sound like the stuff of a LEO Supervisor at the federal level. If there were people here who really disliked cops as much as they say they do(and yes Ive read posts here that state plain and simple that ANY LEO is a physical target) , then you just jeapordized evryone you know. What I would like to know is ...why? What are you looking for? Is this post you have written a directive from your supervisor? It would have to be , otherwise you have just compromised a heck of alot.
Unless you are under duress. Are you?
An appeal from a cop'...sounds kind of like a backwards threat to me. If I were on the payroll, I sure as hell wouldnt be at ATS unless it was on VERY official buisness. And if you are, I dont like your collaborative style or the recklessness youve displayed by coming here. You could have said anything...tell us about your childhood fears, your current fears, hell, be emotional just desire to learn.

Those pictures you speak of. If they are on a network, they arent secure, and you may as well post them, and send them via e-mail as propoganda for whatever your objective is.

According to alot of material Ive read here, theres no way Id come out and tell the WORLD of ATS what you did. Both in text and digitally.
Im disheartened as well. ATS gives birth to knowledge and understanding. (at least it has for me) I think you should be fired for compromising the lives of your fellow officers.
I guess Im asking "Dont you have anything better to do?"

Thats all IF I believed you in the first place....ROGER?

Up until this point I could not pin-point the definition of 'troll'. Thanks to this post I now have a better understanding of the word and its contextual meaning concerning ATS. Thank you.

Note all of this is coming from a wannabe that never will be. Thats me.
(id say the contents of this post paints a clear picture as to why.)I have a disability that prevents me from being a cop..its called I have zero tolerance for BS-itis. And I can spot it a million miles away.
Laters

[edit on 5-3-2010 by psyko45]

[edit on 5-3-2010 by psyko45]

I don't think there is anything that I have said to suggest an ulterior motive. This is something I'm doing on my own time because of personal feelings that I have. As for my security? Not to make light of anyone here, but trust me, I've had much more significant threats placed against me during my career and, yes, I am confident in my security.

Also, you might want to get the BS meter checked. I am surprised it has taken twenty-plus pages for someone to question me about my bona-fides. I don't know what you would like me to do convince and frankly, I'm not here to convince you of anything. Nevertheless, I will say this: I am a GS-12 step 3. I won't provide my job series.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by JWH44
continued...

I do not ask that everyone here runs out and gives a cop a hug.

Don't do it. Unless you want to go to jail very fast.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by DCDAVECLARKE
I see not many had a positive image of the Police on this tread, when is the OP going to give his opinion on this reaction by all the disgruntled, peace..

My reaction... Well, this is all what I pretty much expected. I'm used to having insults and threats hurled at me personally, and I'm fine with that. My concern that spurred me to start this thread was to respond to some of the blanket statesments against all cops that were bordering, if not quite crossing the line into the realm of directed threats of personal violence.

What I have seen is that those that have their deep-seeded hatred of cops still cling to that and that is what I expected. However, I've also seen a few of those that have acknowledged that yes, there may very well be some of us that aren't like their broad-stroked image and are trying to do the right thing.

One thing that bothers me is that I was challenged on several occassions to cite ONE example of me or my organization weeding out our own and fighting corruption. I made a post addressing that several pages back and I have not heard one mention about it. I provided what was asked of me by numerous cop-haters on this thread. When I did that, no one commented on it. It just shows me that those with their negative opinions don't really want to have it changed. They just love to hate on cops. And you know what, I am fine with that. I don't live in a fantasy world where I expect anyone to thank me for what I do. I don't do this job for a pat on the back. I just grow tired of people directing their hate to ANYONE wearing a badge because of their personal experiences.

But I really don't expect it to change. I am generally happy and appreciative of those that have stepped up and shown support in their posts. So, that is my general reaction thus far to this thread.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Pulled by poster for reconsideration - my apologies

[edit on 5-3-2010 by WWJFKD]

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by JWH44

I missed your post about an example of "weeding out" - but this thread is 24 pages long now and I'll admit I haven't ready every single one of those 24 pages.

As far the weeding out - any of the "bad cop" sites on the net will give many examples of weeding out. I don't know how yourself or other leo's feel about those. But, many of them are basically listings of news articles about LEOs being fired, suspended, or jailed for various things (often quite horrible things) - of course there are also cases where it appears LEO's are getting away thing things (often quite horrible things) on those sites as well.

So, some do get weeded out and some probably never do.

Is it kind of like life itself? Some criminals get caught - and some never do? Some get caught on their 1st crime, some on their 1000th? Kind of the same with "bad cops"?

Yup - its wrong to paint all LEOs with the same broad brush. I can understand LEO's don't like it when it happens and that is perfectly understandable. I wouldn't like it either.

Its human nature to look at the bad. When was the last time you turned on the news and it was all good news?

Look - I guess this is about what it boils down to for me. Some folks love LEOs and that will never change regardless of what you guys do. Some folks hate LEOs and that will never change regardless of what you do.

However, most folks can likely be swayed one way or another. What is most likely to sway them (either way)? One would be what they hear and see about LEO's on the web, news and from others. The other would be their own personal interactions with LEOs.

So, what could LEO's do to sway those that could be swayed - and what hinders that?

[edit on 5-3-2010 by Frogs]

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by YayMayorBee
I am really tired for the glorification of Police officers.

1. A Police officer having a bad day can ruin a persons life

2. The media portrays them as heroes when they are paid for a service and know exactly what they are signing up for.

3. The media portrays it as a dangerous job when statistically their job is less dangerous than a roofer or a taxi cab driver

4. We are taught from a young age that Police officers are there to help and we are innocent until proven guilty, when in reality every person who has an experience with an officer only try to prove their innocence

5. Police officers have a track record of abusing power and being above the law when their illegal actions are covered by their buddies.

6. Are paid excessive amounts of overtime and extra income from the tax payers.

7. And above all, always forget they work for the taxpayers and should treat us with respect as they would a higher ranker officer.

[edit on 5-3-2010 by YayMayorBee]

And dear God, every SINGLE point you made has been discussed in this thread THOROUGHLY!

Answer to every single statement? Yes, but NOT IN ALL CASES. Not even in MOST cases! Sheesh.

Stop breaking the law and you might have a better image of the people that ARE heroe's even if it IS their job to put themselves between you and the bad guys.

Wow. Time to move to a location where there is no law so you can feel that you are safe and happy I guess. Let us know how that goes.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ratkiller
reply to post by JWH44

I am an excop, I know what you mean. However it is getting to be to commanplace. The screening process is either not being adhered to or it has changed in preperation to the establishment of martial law and a dictatorship. I do not know which, I do know that in either event there will be Hell to pay once it starts. But it is on the heads of those in the shadow government, not those that lay their lives on the line. My best advice is to know the Constitution and follow it without regard to "orders".!!

God love you Sir! That is what a good "peace officer" says. And that is all that need be said. God love you Sir! Just honor your oaths guys and we will be there for you. turn your back on it and we will do likewise to you. Do not stand in the way of those who are trying to restore this Republic following orders. You could be our greatest allies but so many of you are choosing to be our enemies and enemies to the Republic receive no quarter. God love you Sir!

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by WWJFKD

Originally posted by dariousg
If the average citizen would simply take the time to present a display of respect to an officer when they come into contact then I can virtually guarantee that that encounter will end on a good note.

Translation - Lick his boots and he wont bash your head in. Are you kidding me. Wow I respect that guy because he is the supervisor of city sanitation. Excuse me? Hey maybe he's a good guy - that remains to be seen, but suggesting that we respect someone for there choice of occupation is ludicrous. Many people in this world have my respect (many more do not) but those that do have earned it.

Wow he's got a great job (if you think so) I think I'm gonna grovel at this feet. I don't think so friend. Respect is always earned and it is never done through conquest - it must be consent.

No. That isn't the translation. I'm going to refrain from name calling because I am actually beginning to get angry with the ignorance being displayed.

What pisses me off is when someone takes the time to quote PART of my statement but not the next relevant part where the officer NEEDS to show this respect as well. Pathetic.

Showing respect to the mail man when he delivers your mail is what HUMANS do. Showing respect to the person at the drive thru window at Starbucks is what HUMANS do. Showing respect to the judge if you screw up is what HUMANS do. Showing respect to humans until that person shows that they don't deserve it is what HUMANS do.

Nice try for trying to twist an obvious meaning around.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
This video was made using Ex-Cops.

Asking a very simple Question.

"How do you file a complaint , against a Cop?"

Maybe you can tell us the Proper Procedure , because I sure as hell hope

the Video isn't the correct way.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by JWH44

Good post, for sure.

I think it's fair to point out however, that it's a bit hypocritical in places.

You state (comically I add) that your "jaded mindsets" would lead you to believe our intentions were nefarious were we to run up and give you a hug. This indicates the same generalizations are bestowed upon us "regular citizens" that you're complaining about. Because what you deal with on a day to day basis is generally the "bottom of the barrel", we can't give you a hug because you view us all as the bottom of the barrel.

What I'm saying is, you're ranting about human nature, and it's not going to change. "One bad apple spoils the bunch" and all that. It goes both ways, and you illustrated the flip side of the coin several times in your OP. The general public never sees the good you guys do day in and day out. What the general public sees, is the bad things, that corrupt leos get caught being involved with. The human perception of anything is based on their exposure to it. When a person's exposure to leos is limited to instances of civil rights abuse, unwarranted physical abuse, abuse of power and authority, etc., well, that's what a leo "is" to them.

When you became a law enforcement officer, you knew all this too. You knew it was not a glamorous profession, and you knew more people would dislike and distrust you than like or trust you.

In the end, being a good, honest hardworking cop is like doing a good deed, which happens to be like urinating on yourself in dark pants. You get a warm feeling, but nobody notices.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Izarith said:

That's freedom you Americans ruled by the Iron Fist of the Law by those Amoral robots you call cops will never know.

There is no care no regard for human life in a US Cop, just like you Snarf have pointed out, you just don't care.

It's all about the quota with you US Cops.

You are absolutely right about the difference between Mexican Cops and American Cops.

Me, my friend, and my wife were partying in Nuevo Laredo a couple of years back. We had, had our fair share of Modelo's(beers) that night. As we were leaving a convenience store with our open bottled beers the Mexican Cops showed up.

They explained to us that we were breaking their laws about open container glass bottles and that we all need to pay about $90 dollars per person for the fine. And they were right about us breaking their laws as I had forgotten that you can carry an open plastic cup of beer there but not a open bottle... Fair enough as you can't carry open container alchohol in the USA unless it's Vegas or a special festival somewhere.

I wound up negotiating the fine down to $90 for all three of us combined. When I got the cop down to that amount I hugged him and all of us (Cops included) laughed like fools for the next minute or so.

And then we went on our merry way back to our hotel. My friend tried to get self righteous about the fine and then I reminded him of how busted we would have been back in the USA. First off we were all drunk ($$$). Open container ($$$) and any other public disturbance allegation that the Cops felt like handing out at the time ($$$). And we all would have probably spent the night in jail.

This brought my friend back to the sobering reality of the police state on the other side of the Rio Grande that we came from.

Mexico depresses Americans because it shows them what has been lost.

[edit on 5-3-2010 by 3DPrisoner]

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
kill em all!!!! - bwahahahaha

Aside from all of the ass kissing and fake remorse I'll just say this, you are an adult if your still upset by comments made on internet forums - grow up.

They say the truth hurts, so if your hurt by all of this then maybe your a dick too. If not then it shouldn't matter.

Personally I've been witness to quite a bit of really bad police behavior but I don't hold it against all of them. Hell 3 chp biker cops gave me a quick nod yesterday while I was sitting on my bike at an intersection. Doesn't really make up for one off duty one putting a gun to my head but he was a dick not them.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
The problem is cops are in a position of authority and have unchecked power. Everyone knows cops can break laws and not face any consequences. Look at Drew Peterson in Chicago.

Though I do understand not every cop is bad, corruption breeds more corruption. Do you think corrupt cops will hire honest people who will then snitch on them? No, they will hire other dishonest people so their bad acts will go unreported.

I have yet to ever been helped by a cop or even seen a cop help another person. Most cops are injured in traffic accidents - not trying to save other people.

The FBI should do a better job of investigating civil rights violations, but they appear not to care unless there is a lot of publicity surrounding an event.

So I guess I do understand there might be a few good cops but I have very little respect for cops in general.

So my suggestion to cops if they want more respect to start cleaning up their own departments.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by JWH44

NYPD Officer Makes Claims That Cops Are Pressured To Make Arrest...

abclocal.go.com.../investigators&id=7305356

NEW YORK (WABC) -- An Eyewitness News investigation talks to a police officer who reveals the pressure they are under to make quotas.

When Officer Adil Polanco dreamed of becoming a cop, it was out of a desire to help people not, he says, to harass them.

"I'm not going to keep arresting innocent people, I'm not going to keep searching people for no reason, I'm not going to keep writing people for no reason, I'm tired of this," said Adil Polanco, an NYPD Officer.

Officer Polanco says One Police Plaza's obsession with keeping crime stats down has gotten out of control. He claims Precinct Commanders relentlessly pressure cops on the street to make more arrests, and give out more summonses, all to show headquarters they have a tight grip on their neighborhoods.

"Our primary job is not to help anybody, our primary job is not to assist anybody, our primary job is to get those numbers and come back with them?" said Officer Polanco.

Eyewitness News asked, "Why do it?"

"They have to meet a quota. One arrest and twenty summonses," said Officer Polanco.

This audio recording exclusively obtained by Eyewitness News seems to back up Officer Polanco's assertion of a quota. You can listen to one officer as he lectures his rank and file officers during roll call at the 41st precinct.

"Things are not going to get any better. It's going to get a lot worse," said a police officer.

He lays out clearly that they need to bring in the numbers.

"If you think 1 and 20 is breaking your balls, guess what you're going to be doing. You're gong to be doing a lot more, a lot more than what they're saying," said the officer.

In another recording, the 41st Precinct Patrol Supervisor appears to step up the pressure to write more and more summonses:

"Next week, 25 &1, 35 & 1, and until you decide to quit this job to go to work at a Pizza Hut , this is what you're going to be doing till then. Do you understand?" asked the patrol officer.

"He's being clear, the only choice that we have is to do it," said Officer Polanco.

Eyewitness News asked, "Are you telling me they're stopping people for no reason, is that what you're saying?"

"We are stopping kids walking upstairs to their house, stopping kids going to the store, young adults. In order to keep the quota," answered Officer Polanco.

"Yeah, they locked us up for nothing," said Zebulun Colbourne.

The Colbourne brothers say they and three other friends were the victims of quotas. All were arrested a few months ago after one of them had fallen while racing each other.

Eyewitness News asked, "You fell and that's how you hurt your eye?"

"Yeah, and they just wanted to arrest us. I told them I fell but that didn't matter to them," said Elijah Colbourne.

All five were accused of engaging in tumultuous and violent conduct that caused public alarm, given a summons for unlawful assembly and locked up overnight.

Eyewitness News asked, "So you're locked up waiting to see the judge, right?"

"Yeah," answered the Colbourne brothers.

Eyewitness News asked, "Then what do they do?"

"We don't see the judge, they let us out the back door after they kept us for a day and some change," said Elijah Colbourne.

The charges were dropped, but Officer Polanco says the patrolman still got 5 summonses toward their monthly quota.

"At the end of the night you have to come back with something. You have to write somebody, you have to arrest somebody, even if the crime is not committed, the number's there. So our choice is to come up with the number," said Officer Polanco.

One Police Plaza declined our requests to interview the 41st precinct commander. But, Deputy Commissioner Paul Browne said, "Police Officers like others who receive compensation are provided productivity goals and they are expected to work."

Officer Polanco says if they a

[edit on 5-3-2010 by custom2006]

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by JWH44

Quote "Also, you might want to get the BS meter checked. I am surprised it has taken twenty-plus pages for someone to question me about my bona-fides. I don't know what you would like me to do convince and frankly, I'm not here to convince you of anything. Nevertheless, I will say this: I am a GS-12 step 3. I won't provide my job series.

I questioned you back on page 14 yesterday but you obviously skipped that page because you never replied. Like most cops you only see what you want to see..................................

Edit to Add: I think you are CIA by some of the language in your posts

[edit on 5-3-2010 by kennylee]

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join