It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An appeal from a cop...

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sean48

This video was made using Ex-Cops.

Asking a very simple Question.

"How do you file a complaint , against a Cop?"

Maybe you can tell us the Proper Procedure , because I sure as hell hope

the Video isn't the correct way.

Cmon all you coppers out there....wqatch this video and if your stomach isn't turning then you are an amoral andf souless criminal who should be fired.

This PROVES that the MAJORITY of poliec WILL LIE, INTIMIDATE, coerce, bluff, threaten, and worse...and all to avoid one of the buddies getting a complaint !!! SICKENING footage...makes me want to....well, better not.

There is NO defense to what is seen. NONE. There are, in most cases, forms that you CAN take, but the cops OBSTRUCT justice over and over by demanding info they have ZERO right to...bully and lie..it makes a civilized person want to retch...to think that all over the nation, the cops are covering up...chasing people away from making a complaint, saying they are the ones that we must talk to...it is all designed to STOP LEGITIMATE issues from ever being heard...it is the same old story; They think that they are better than we are, and that they can break the rules at will but deny us any chance to complain.

Those cops do not CARE ONE IOTA if their pals abused you, or hurt you, or falsely arrested you...you are SCUM because you are not one of them!! Thats the state of policing in Amerika...these examples are evidence of corruption...blatant denial of rights...the cops in these videos should be fired..charged criminally if possible for denial of rights..or obstruction...what a laugh...cops are always charging people for obstruction for daring to talk back but they obstruct with abandon and nothing happens..

SHAME ON ALL COPS SHOWN IN THE VIDEO'S AND ALL WHO OBSTRUCT JUSTICE.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by JWH44

"But I really don't expect it to change. I am generally happy and appreciative of those that have stepped up and shown support in their posts. So, that is my general reaction thus far to this thread."

So your whole purpose was to find some sympathtic ears and to totally disregard the comments of those critical of your institution, chaulking it up to our being (in your opinion) simple malcontents. In other words, you don't consider any of the criticisms valid, you reject all negative opinions out of hand. You Sir, so clearly reflect the problem within the law enforcement world. Even as lucid as you are, you have a total denial that an institutional problem exists. Instead, (just proving all our points) you think the problem is with the civilian population, or at least those of us represented here on ATS.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Sean48

Puts a horrible feeling in my stomache. There's something so blatantly wrong about that.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by pajoly

No sir; I have yet to deny that there are problems. Don't twist my words. What I said is that I fully expected that there would be those members that I had no chance of having reasonable discourse with. I readily acknowledged many valid points that were pointed out in reasonable, rational posts. That is the problem; how can I, or any other cop have a rational discussion with someone who is so staunchly set against law enforcement. I have said it before; I am not here for sympathy. I was trying to make a point that would allow for more progressive discussion among those with varied opinions about topics that are controversial.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
@OP/JW

Try to explain the above video away. You can't.
You can only rationalize and justify it as "bad apples".

The whole orchard is bad man. Get over yourself.

@1:30

Explain that away.

[edit on 5-3-2010 by mryanbrown]

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Note

Please keep things on a civil level. The snarky replies in this thread are bordering on becoming very personal and THAT will not be tolerated.

Please read about what is expected from our members regarding courtesy.

This post is not directed at anyone in particular, but expect the moderation to become stricter if the insults and personal attacks become worse.

Fair warning.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
JWH44:

Please note, please… I am not saying that about every video that is out there. Some genuinely show improper conduct on the part of the involved law enforcement officers and should not be condoned.

If you are a seven year police vet in a supervisory role then I am a Dutch Uncle. Your choice of words and whining placatements deny you to be such. No seven year vet would write the way you do...in fact, I doubt a seven year vet would actually participate in a forum such as this. If anything, I would say you are someone who is related to someone who is a seven year vet, but you yourself are certainly not a seven year vet!

I have no problem with you speaking up or out for such a person, but do not treat us all like buffoons...like as if we all fell out of the banana tree yesterday.

All I will say is this A.C.A.B.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Sean48

Good post Sean48...

That is the first time I've seen that video. Is that real policemen/women in this film?

The word 'disturbing' hits the target with an erie ring.

What is even more disturbing... I see that there are other films like this one also?

Sad...

Going to go check out those other videos...

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by mryanbrown

once again still no answer to my post.

the post before mine asked you a question. If you want legitimate conversation dont run from hardball.

edit: it was mrryanbrown. The video disgusted me and I ranted on afterwards. good find!!!!!!!

Why do the feds not investigate these and prosecute?

Your a supervisor, use your authority and order the investigation on the strongarm tactics.

Take note I am not using words or derogatory phrases.

It seems you have chosen your path and that is that of someone who is to borrow an Air-force phrase i believe. Your a bluesuiter

or better put, one of the LT's from nam....

It seems some of the more ardent anti police have riled you up. Allow me to put a little sugar on the poison.

Why wont you instigate an investigation into any claims made by members here?

Why do you take the politicians tact and paint them all in one stroke?

The only reason right now I am making an exception rule is that two of the officers Ive talked to here passed another test I didnt even know I had. I shook there hands, with a smile.

One is waiting for a cps agent to cross enough of a legal line and hes gonna bust her.
So it forced me to re-evaluate the group locally. It seems none like hem here so I am now surprised.....

So answer the question without sounding like a press agent and speak from the heart.

Or can you?

[edit on 5-3-2010 by ripcontrol]

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ripcontrol

hah confused me for a second!
thought you were replying to me at first.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by JWH44

Please tell me what the story of the little old Lady who witnessed the complete lack of respect the cops showed for her property while chasing the strikers in the uk back in the 1980ts! i only bring this up again because it shows a Woman who never broke the law in her life an had respect for tptb up until that moment! Bang what she witnessed that day changed her life for good an many more who watched it on TV! you see its not just the thinking People here on ATS yea got to be concerned about its your average Joe out there who's getting the message Guilty now prove your Innocent!

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by DCDAVECLARKE

Legally in the U.S. the police have no obligation to protect people:

www.disinfo.com...

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   
JWH44,

You sound like a leader and you're in an excellent position to do something. You haven't experienced police brutality, I have. Didn't even break the law, with a squeaky clean record. Sure, there are good cops but the majority is bad and corrupted.

We need some change.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Dear ATS Members

Most of you who are from the USA have been having a good cry and bitch about your police officers.

Where I live the police will not do a dammed thing till you pay them. They stop you on the road and demand a bribe before letting you continue your journey.

Hey and guess what they are a hole lot better than where I grew up in the UK.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by elysiumfire

Ok. The video about the complaints. I'm not going to make excuses. I'm not going to offer rationalization. The video is depressing. This is the kind of thing that good cops hate to see. I hate it. Believe what you want, say I'm not who I claim to be, I don't take it personally. I am glad when this kind of dirty laundry gets aired. I wish there was a follow up to that showing the outcome. I am certain that that kind of publicity brought about disciplinary action. None of those supervisors should still have that status.

These things can be changed when brought to light. I encourage that and support action that aims to end this kind of behavior. Even a cop with the most rudimentary understanding of what it means to earn the trust of the community realizes that, to truly fight crime, you have to have the community you serve on your side. We can't be everywhere and we should rely on a trusting community that has faith in us to work with us to deal with problems in the community.

I agree with you; this is no way to run a police force.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by JWH44

Would you support a community review board of non LEOs to adjudicate LEOs misdeeds? How can the community respect an entity that just has internal affairs investigations. That just reinforces the we/they attitude.
Authority figures that hold themselves above the rest of the community just invite suspicion.

That would be a good first step in regaining community respect and cooperation.

[edit on 5-3-2010 by whaaa]

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I have an observation that needs to be pointed out. Several on the thread have pointed to it and I have not seen much response.

Let us say I as a civilian gets accused of something nefarious at work. I get fired. An old accountant professor of mine use to say besides not doing anything illegal, we must attempt to even try not to show any type of perceptions of impropriety.

THE THING IS, not so for ANY government officials.

I once had to deal with a Building Inspector that was so incompetent that I prayed he would never be on any of my sites. WHY? Because government officials have their UNIONS that are destroying the US in another way. Keeping corrupt and incompetent people in government. Not to mention the Retirement deals that are ANOTHER thing all together.

Incompetence and corruption. The two things that government has a Monopoly on.

Suspended with pay. PFFFT. If it was in the private sector, they would be fired and in jail.

THAT is the difference!

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

I would support the use of an outside, independent investigative body, yes. The agency I work for is investigated by just such a body. Two actually. Depending on the nature of the allegation, our investigations are handled by the Office of the Inspector General or the Office of Professional Responsibility. OIG is the one that handles issues that can be punishable with criminal sanctions, whereas OPR deals with more administrative affairs. This is at the federal level, mind you, so I really can't say what is done at the state, county or local level in every jurisdiction. But you definitely need outside oversight to maintain impartiality.

[edit on 3/5/2010 by JWH44]

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by JWH44

Police State Terror:

video.google.com...#

Just making sure this got posted. Thanks.

Documentary on Cointelpro -- the secret war by police and FBI against citizens:

video.google.com...#

[edit on 5-3-2010 by drew hempel]

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by drew hempel
Legally in the U.S. the police have no obligation to protect people:
www.disinfo.com...

Thank you DH! This explains one incident to me; but, that opens up a question and two new insights.

Question: Why the motto "Protect and Serve"?

Insight 1: If they are NOT for protection; then, it's a case of putting them on a pedestal they don't deserve to be on. This leads to disillusionment.

Insight 2:

Background story -
The one (of hundreds of incidents) your answer explained to me was a case where 2 young divorced mothers (1 with a baby, the other with a 5 year old) risked themselves to get descriptions and a liscence plate number of a group of murderers. When the Houston Police Officer showed up OVER an hour later (1 hour 20 minutes); without a partner, even though his car was within site at the time of the shootings ... he wouldn't even take down the details - saying "he didn't need then" - AND when asked why he didn't come earlier his reply was, "I have a family. I didn't want to get in the middle and get shot."

The Insight from this AND your link:
The incident caused all the apartment residents to join together and essentially vigilante their own apartment complex. So THIS tells me that THIS is probably part of the etiology of GANGS! This "effect" is what causes 'some' (not all) gangs to establish!

Agree? Disagree? Comments?

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join