It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6.4 quake shakes Vanuato

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

lol

Thanks mate.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Youtube video just posted..

Vanuatu has just experienced a 6.4 Magnitude earth quake today Friday, March 05, 2010 at 01:02:30 AM EST . There are no reports as yet..... We realy do have to learn more about our planet because she appears to be expanding slowly. Around the pacific rim is experiencing more activity....

Now watch the usgs earthquake animation earthquake.usgs.gov... from 26th feb10 until today.
Thats seems to be quite a lot of activity on the pacific rim.

[edit on 4-3-2010 by tarifa37]

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
whats this? another quake wow

I don't believe its haarp

[edit on 4-3-2010 by tarifa37]

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

Expanding Earth Theory....interesting. Supposedly it's what caused the Earth to go from a Pangea-type set up to what we see now, and (if you wanna get really out-there with it) what "healed" our planet after it was struck by an invading body [think Sitchin's Tiamat vs. Nibiru] in antiquity.

'Tis possible....maybe....

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

There has always been a lot of earthquakes in the pacific rim, particularly in the Indonesian islands. Lots of volcanos too, it is certainly not something new.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

oh no, I can promise you I didn't beat the USGS in detecting it, but I did beat them in reporting it. Problem is, I didn't know what exactly it was, just saw the spikes shaking up the entire planet!

and puterman, the answer is: A lot of em all over!

P and S waves travel through the planet and appear on the other side.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I am ready to play in my own firey soup hole caused by the New Madrid quake ....I live just a couple miles from the fault line... I say bring it on... I will have my crash helmet and floaties right beside me ready to ride the waves... We need to reform reelfoot lake anyway the goverment is taking all of our good duck hunting spots from us... So we could use the adjustment... When the river runs backwards Im gonna get in a boat and be the first person to float north on the mississippi river
I say good luck to everyone around me...peace out

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Earthquake Averages
5.0-5.9 800 per year
6.0-6.9 120 per year
7.0-7.9 18 per year
8.0-8.9 1 per year
9.0-9.9 1 per 20 years
10.0+ Extremely rare (Unknown)

From Wiki

With an average of 120 earthquakes in the sixes, it doesn't look like this activity is all that uncommon. Like others have said, it's just getting more attention.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Aye I agree. With USGS and monitor websites up that automate all results, twitter, tv, internet on telephones all over the world, information spreads much easier these days. Its been shown on other threads that none of this activity is unusual and there have been a multitude of years in the past century with much more activity then 09/10

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by DiabolusFireDragon

It's because of the area they are hitting in though. Normally these 5.5+ quakes are found way out in the ocean or areas that are not populated. lately they have been in populated areas.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join