It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Campaign Launch for Extraterrestrial Affairs Commission Ballot Initiative March 4

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Denver) - The Extraterrestrial Affairs Commission ballot initiative will launch its voter education campaign Thursday, March 4, at the Jefferson County Fairgrounds in Lakewood, Colorado. That is where the inspiration for the initiative first occurred in March 2008. The initiative will be on the August 2010 Denver election ballot.

I saw this back in 2008 and didn't see much from it last year but the X paper caught back up with the story. I tought it was interesting from a public stand point. Seems some communities have gotten their collective heads out of their rears.

www.examiner.com...

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
They do things in Colorado.
Long time since Tesla was there.
And he communicated with the Martians.
Well no.
There was a contest set up by people in Paris and seeking
publicity for his work Tesla might have said he would try to
win the prize.
Big mistake and Tesla never mentioned the task again.
However if he did get a signal from Mars it was the natural
signal connected with electrical universe theory or his theory
of gravity. Gravity being a low level electric effect.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Yeah, uh the people behind the whole thing are the typical crackpots that ensure this subject remains the laughable joke that it is to the average Joe.

Unfortunately, at this time there is no way to actually get a thing like this to work. Especially when it's tied to who it is tied. I don't care if it gets voted on, passes or whatever. Nothing will come of it, and it will only serve to damage our community even further. Sure, the public professes to overwhelmingly believe in aliens/ufos (thanks, hollywood)....however the majority of those people that answer those polls wont bother to discuss the subject reasonably because of they way we as a group portray it. So we have millions of people walking around that believe in many of the things we believe in, but wouldn't seriously get involved due to the "giggle factor" that comes with it. Seriously, read half the threads on this very page. If they aren't enough to make the average Joe go running then we don't want that average Joe. An intelligent person would see this mess, laugh..and then walk away. Those that don't are nuts like us, and we have time and time again proven we are the worst group of people to shepherd this subject into the mainstream.

Once this community cleans itself up then maybe things like this will be worthwhile. But the only thing this will accomplish right now is to push what you want farther and farther away.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts
Yeah, uh the people behind the whole thing are the typical crackpots that ensure this subject remains the laughable joke that it is to the average Joe.

The guy who heads this (Peckman isn't it?), I never understood what the hell he is trying to do. He came out with some video of an alien, had it analyzed or something, no one cared, and now he is all of a sudden the spokesperson for UFOlogy?

[edit on 4-3-2010 by bananasam]

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by tsloan
Seems some communities have gotten their collective heads out of their rears.

Interesting turn of phrase, considering who is behind this. Jeff Peckman is a huckster. He teamed up with another huckster, Romanek, trying to scam the UFO community with Romanek's poor video and special brand of insanity. The UFO community did not fall for it, with a few pitiful exceptions. Peckman has tried to exploit fears of EMFs with his useless Metatron Harmonizer. Now he is trying to scam an entire city. He claims the commission would look for evidence, but he has no interest in the truth. A close reading of the article shows he already thinks he knows the truth. I have little doubt he will use this commission to enrich himself.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I wonder how long it will take for people to give up on
finding anything ET in the world and take it to Spielberg to
get some answers.
And he'll say make a movie.
And they'll say when do we start.

It sure looks dismal for these guys and wonder how much Wheaties
it takes to keep looking for extraterrestrials or have enough
gumption to go out an announce to everyone that they have
a legitimate cause.

The cause of the ET can't sway all the people with knowledge
of Tesla and Rockefeller who would surly know who hides things
and what those things are.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Denver UFO ballot initiative adopts hip-hop anthem

Peckman collected signatures to have the measure placed on Denver's Aug. 10 ballot. If it passes, the City of Denver will be required to create a seven-member commission tasked with collecting evidence that extraterrestrials and UFOs have been visiting Earth.

I cannot work out what is cooler about this article. The fact that Denver is organised enough to get a UFO commission approved to be on their August 11 ballot OR that they have their own theme song.

We need to get access to this song ATS.

[edit on 4/3/2010 by SilentShadow]

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I think al they will need is steven "i can channel them in my mind" Greer and they would have a fighting chance of at least getting laughed at.

During the voter education campaign, voters will learn about technologies derived from these extraterrestrial visits, including clean, renewable energy technologies that can eliminate fossil fuel use, and even cures for cancer and other serious health problems.

Oh yeah... So in other words
today in la la land it ther is a 90 percent chance of rain with a high chance of a mandatory 72 hour psychiatric hold with a thorazine drip.

new topics

top topics

join