It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Tsunami Warning For Chile...Breaking

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by sunnybunny

A little more information on this:

Two cruise-ship passengers have been killed after a 26ft wave smashed into the ship off the coast of France. A Greek coast guard statement says another six people suffered minor injuries on board the Cypriot-owned Louis Majesty. It says the accident occurred near the French Mediterranean port of Marseilles as the ship was sailing from Barcelona to Genoa in Italy with 1,350 passengers and 580 crew. The victims have been identified only as a German and an Italian man. Louis Cruise Lines spokesman Michael Maratheftis said the ship was hit by three 'abnormally high' waves up to 26ft high that broke glass windshields in the forward section. The cruise ship is safely heading back to Barcelona.

RSOE EDIS

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Thanks.

All this talk of tsunamis... makes me think this must somehow be connected.

Or perhaps it's connected to the storms that battered the Atlantic coast of France on Sunday... and/or the high tides caused by the super full moon recently?

I imagine that the Straits of Gibralter could act to amplify a tsunami in a similar fashion to the entrance to a bay? This is pure guesswork, based on what I've been reading about the impact of tsunamis on Hawaii.

[edit on 3-3-2010 by sunnybunny]

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by cjcord

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

Originally posted by TwoPhish
.....and you're not supplying us with a link because.......?

The tsunami warning is over, and there is no threat.

watching cnn now- according to them, it's not over yet.

www.cnn.com...

left sidebar: LIVE: Chile updates. They have the Chile CNN on live on that stream. People are freaking out.

That's why I don't get my news of the TeeVee. Cable news will string you along as long as they think they can get away with it to keep you watching their channel...

Ratings.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
The Mediterranean is a semi enclosed sea, so the earthquake in Chile really has nothing to do with it. However, there are so called "rogue waves" that appear without an apparent reason. You can learn more about them here

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Lebowski achiever

Interesting... so this incident would fit the 'Three Sisters' type of rogue wave... except for the fact that these 'Rogue Waves' are described as occurring in the open ocean in this article, and that doesn't fit the Mediterranean Sea either.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by sunnybunny

It certainly doesn't fit a tsunami. Tsunami are virtually undetectable by ships at sea. If the waves which hit the ship had been tsunami waves there would have been extensive damage all over the Mediterranean.

The area in which the incident occurred is experiencing storm conditions.
www.meteo.fr...

Rogue waves have been recorded in the Mediterranean.
Rogue waves

[edit on 3/3/2010 by Phage]

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Thanks. You've convinced me that this incident was caused by the storms.

I posted on this thread because I didn't have enough posts to start a new one - sorry!

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Amazing time to be a witness to everything going on WW. Just wow, you can barely keep up with it all.

S@F of course

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
can someone plese tell me why theres been so many earth quakes and massive storms inluding record breaking snow storms and floods

[edit on 3-3-2010 by anonymousproxy]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join