It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gorilla seen in Nasa snap from Mars

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by boaby_phet

No no, the Enquirer is all about celebrity gossip, you'll never see the Batboy on there. You're thinking of the Weekly World News.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by wylekat
4 pages of posts about the gorilla, and not one mentioning the odd dark mark on the opposite side of the pic at the top of the photo? No one even sees or mentions it? Oh, for *shame*!

Seriously- what is that up at the top of the photo.....

I see that too, it's like a black line that was cut off of the pic.

[edit on 3-3-2010 by ancient_wisdom]

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
HOAX It's the Sun.

Also it's 2010, give me the official NASA > 1MP photo please.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by mryanbrown

is this the official NASA photo?

marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

give the gorilla some credit.. i think the little black line should have its own thread

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Let's assume for the sake of argument that it's not a rock for a moment. It's certainly not an ape but at best some animal that looks like an ape. So, all your subsequent questions regarding things that an ape would need to survive are completely meaningless. Please stop and think for 5 seconds before vomiting onto a discussion forum, asking questions grounded on a faulty premise.

Gorillas and all creatures on this planet are formed the way they are due to evolution.. based on OUR PLANET, and their environment in it. From the way their arms and legs formed, their fur/coat, all the aspects that make them what they are, were based on the plants, the terrain, the type of food available, even our GRAVITY. Why would any creature on another planet form an identical shape to an earth gorilla?

Even look at our OWN species on this planet. Aside from families of animals that descended from others of their kind (cats for example, can be traced to a single species that evolved into other types over thousands of years), species of animals are vastly different from one another, all based on their surroundings and mechanisms for survival. At 37% of our own gravity, no noticeable plant life, water, different atmosphere... one would think any life evolving there would be QUITE different not only from apes, but probably from just about any other life as we know it.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Have any idea the amount of food and water a 600# Gorilla needs daily? Do you see any food or water, let alone shelter? Common guys a little common sense here..

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Dammit! who let that freakin Gorilla onto the sound stage!

Did I say that out loud?

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
there also looks like a UFO above the gorilla, I mean it's not clear and doesn't look like anything really, but if you are seeing gorillas, you might as well see a UFO as well.

Does anyone else see the second gorilla?

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Well they only posted the 1 pic. If they wanted to prove it was a creature of some sort, why not snap subsequent shots from the same position to see if it moved?

Even a slow-mo like me can figure that one out, lol

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Cmon guys....its one of the purple apes from the movie "EVOLUTION".

But in all un-seriousness, its either a ROCK in a monkey suit, a monkey in a barclava, or a blackwater operative who didn't fill his quota and is on assignment protecting NASAs' interests...

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Holy crap, a gorilla on mars! What's next, a huge face?

That is funny how it looks like a gorilla, though.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
You can tell it's a rock... at a quick glimpse it does have the representation of a gorilla, but when you check out the rock around that area that are approx. the same distance away from the camera you can tell the shadowing effect created this illusion to our eyes.

If this were really a gorilla, or any animal what so ever, do you think NASA would have leaked it out?

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ancient_wisdom
There are actually two "gorillas" in this picture

marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov...

go to view, zoom, zoom in, as much as possible, and you will see not just the first "gorilla" but also another one behind it. I would do a snap shot but I am not that smart, if someone who knows more about image copying can help me out, there is definitely another "rock" that is looking the other way, also looks like a gorilla.

You are right...it is a baby "gorilla" in front of the big "gorilla."

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

Dear ExPostFacto

Too me it looks like a statue of a gorilla, funny that the face on Mars also looks like that of an ape.

Coincidence perhaps signs of a civilization long gone may be. Do they know most likely. Is mars are home planet???

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
It seems in the image on the Sun Web Site that they moved the "Gorilla" rock around to a different location to make it look more interesting. Of course it IS the SUN so what would you expect?

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by fumanchu

Splitting hairs are we?

Questioning my intelligence yes?

Here's a great idea, tell me what the architecture of a Real-mode CPU is. Explain to me how an address-decoder works. Lern2ATS son.

I'm don't study animals, therefore a monkey/ape is a rocks throw away. No pun intended.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Guess what. It's a ROCK.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Attention Members.... Enough Already!

This image was firmly debunked on page four FFS! ArMaP posted the rest of the images from the Rover which confirms from a range of other angles that it is nothing more than a rock.

Here!

Originally posted by ArMaP
reply to post by DrJay1975

Yes, there are other photos, and at least some of those were posted on an older thread (maybe that thread from 2008 that maxtron talked about, I cannot find that thread at the moment.

Edit: I found the thread I was thinking about, this one, in which I posted the following photos, taken some time before the one in the Opening Post, when the rover was on the other side of the rock.

Image 1
Image 2
Image 3
Image 4

Please read the entire thread before posting nonsense again!

Let this thread die the quick death it deserved two pages ago!

Deny Ignorance FFS!

IRM :shk:

[edit on 3/3/10 by InfaRedMan]

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

I don't know, Infraredman. You're a disinfo agent so I'm not sure I can believe you. You may be trying to throw us off track.

It still looks like a real gorilla that has been turned to stone to me.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join