It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Largest Private Refinery Discovers Gold-Plated Tungsten Bar

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Humanity's obsession with gold is bizarre in the first place.
Now TPTB in the banking industry are FAKING the gold?
Jeez, why?
I mean I know why, but what does gold even do in the first place?
We could just be "miners" that are unconsciously following a program installed at our creation that compells us to mine the element for the Anunaki

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Noone has mentioned this, so I will. There is new tech that has allowed people to find old shipwrecks, with satellites, and new tech that allows one to find gold that was 'almost' found, but missed in gold mines, and tech with the satellites again, to find new veins. This has artificially spiked the amount of gold in circulation. However, the main, numero uno industrial use, real use not vaulting, of gold is for jewelry. On the other hand, silver has many uses electronically, in health, and in other products. When some kind of rocket or missile goes up, that thing is full of silver. When it detonates, that silver is GONE. When Tutkanhamen has a gold ring, it is found by grave robbers, and becomes a necklace, it is later sold, and eventually it ends up in your wedding. It is not consumed like silver. The history of gold is that our owners can steal it all. There is a lot more silver, and that would be difficult to do. Has never been done, at least by our tyrants. Plus, it makes great bullets! Anyways, I am trying to hold as much non-collectible old silver coins as I can. They are in a set amount, and will be easy to barter for the other posters' whiskey. You will take silver, right? I am also trying to stock up on basics like tp. But enough about that, that is survival stuff and on other threads. But silver is now at historically way lower exchange rates to gold.
There is a report I heard, so may be rumor, that like the other poster said, no gold in Ft. Knox. Just slips of paper, that someone else 'leased' it for a zillion years. So they can feel good about their thefts, and prevaricate about it. Because, see? Here are the papers for ownership of that gold. Possession is 9/10ths of the law?
Should also be mentioned that much of the stock being 'sold' on the NY Stock Scam MAY be only 'naked shorting', in other words, you could own stock that is not 'real', only worthless elecronic bleeps that SAY you own it. It is a little easier to prove with actual delivery of the stock certificate. Not the way they do business, but, hey, this scam has never been exposed so far. This all started with banksters loaning out money that never existed until they 'created' it on paper thru accounting. Their accomplices in Washinton helped to cover it up on the basis of whether or not the banksters paid them the bribes thru PACs. So now, they are just trying the scam that worked in banking, on the gold market now. Hey, they got away with it for hundreds of years. So why not? No consequences. I guess they feel they can live with the guilt.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 02:17 AM
link   
It's nothing new, Archimedes was famous for catching a thief mucking about with gold, would his water displacement theory work to find tungsten. Surely the banks can afford a Bath full of water. "Eureka!"

www.scientificamerican.com...

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by discolo

Archimedes would not have found out the tungsten in gold bars with his method.He was looking for silver alloyed with gold and it was not ambiguous because of the big difference between the two metals' specific gravity,that's why the death penalty was swiftly imposed on the forger.
There was no question with silver,but with the W(tungsten is/was known as wolfram)the specific gravity is so close another method would have to be employed to be certain.In his day it would have had to be a destructive test after a ringing test,maybe.W would not exist like today as the methods of smelting in an electric furnace with capacity to reach 6000'f in an O2 excluding heat zone didn't exist.

Looking out for a 'wolf(ram) in a golden FLEECE" Gold fleece,get it?Not just the ''good delivery bars'' btw,there are lots of articles made up of this mixture these days,from jewelery to little grains looking like placer deposit gold specks.All for legitimate purposes,like promo gifts.I have a bar that is hollowed out for a lighter,a novelty,pretty cool actually,never intended as a fraud.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Pardon my ignorance on this. I can understand how magentic field testing would work, but it seems to be over complicating things. I would imagine that since gold is 7% heavier than tungsten (based on it's atomic mass), then simply measuring the bars would indicate that there is a problem. Wouldn't it be a much simpler solution to just weigh the bar? If it's weight is less than it should be based on it's dimensions, it would indicate a problem.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by sp00n1

This was reported that it would be an issue in the ALTA prediction from December 9 2009.

Scary!!!

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by GreenBicMan
You can get delivery of gold. If you want it that is.. good luck being able to pony up that coin though in the futures market.

Yes but what I found shocking was this statement in the article linked in the OP:

Thus far, the commodity exchanges have disclaimed of any responsibility for the purity of the gold bars they are delivering against contracts.

So what, they can send you a bar that's 50% gold and disavow any responsibility for the purity? That's criminal!

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by emsed1

Actually the ALTA report was written December 6, 2009.

I am now crapping my pants.

These are the same folks that brought you WebBots.

I will post an excerpt in a moment, but the report is still available at halfpasthuman.com

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f91fee611d82.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 3/4/10 by emsed1]

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by rogerstigers
Pardon my ignorance on this. I can understand how magentic field testing would work, but it seems to be over complicating things. I would imagine that since gold is 7% heavier than tungsten (based on it's atomic mass),

While that sounds logical, atomic mass doesn't always affect density like you'd expect.

Instead look up the density of gold and tungsten and you'll find that both are 19.3 grams per cubic centimeter. So they have close to the same density irrespective of the atomic mass difference.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Detailed Perfection

i totally agree, they did the same thing back in 1933 in america with an enginered recession and brought out "sell your gold" proaganda posters to save your country, they cleaned up leaving the people nothing at the time...

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
We might easily see a change in the form of Gold bars from having pretty smooth surfaces to having holes drilled as a sign of 'quality'.

I don't see much problem here.Just have to have pins of gold to plug the drill hole,same weight but the faint outline of the hole/pin would be evident.One could push out the pin to check for one's self.A little value added per bar,ought to add to gold value over all.Much like 'garden' in natural emeralds,a bit of blemish adding a bit of certainty of authenticity in a rough look over.Not a true test but it eliminates most contenders.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
since this has been reported guess what i have seen all over tv? not the commercial like my gold envelope or cash for gold. what i have been seeing is a major increas in those commercials like MONEX and some new companis popping up wants you to buy gold from the and invest you rmoney into their gold as well.. why do you think there is an increase in these commercials since this has happened? do you think they have some of this tungsten gold that they are trying to get rid of? hmm definately makes me wonder. how about you all ats'ers what do you think?

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Kurotachi

After everything that is and has been going on, your hypothesis would not at all surprise me were it to turn out true.

Things are going downhill my brothers and sisters, and we are in for one scary ride.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by sp00n1

maybe all the gold was smuggled away to build a large particle accelerator of some sort...
I seem to remember a show about the end of WWII and how tons of gold was borrowed from fort knox or some thing

[edit on 3-5-2010 by beholdblight]

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join