It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If the democrats raise all our taxes to pay for Healthcare, would you care if an Earthquake hit DC?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I thought I read tonight that the democrats health care plan would raise taxes on most people's salaries and be deducted straight out of their paycheck. I suddenly feel angry like Obama is a big liar and the democrats are only supporting the downfall of this country. I'm in the middle class and Obama promised no new taxes on the middle class. If I'm taxed, I see this as a massive betrayal of the public trust. I see the arrogance of the democrats is so high now that I believe they think they are supreme rulers. If I was in control of this world and the entire universe was something I created, I wouldn't care if a few major earthquakes might suddenly strike the US now and happen to destroy Washington, DC. A new congress to replace the arrogant dictators up there would leave me less upset. Actually if the earth could just open up and swallow up congress instead of a major earthquake, that would be much more efficient.

Disclaimer: Now if a major earthquake does happen to hit the US, it wasn't my fault. You'd be crazy to think I have that much power over the universe. However if I'm psychic, someone is in trouble.

Maybe I read something wrong and my rant is all about nothing. I still feel a bit angry.
:shk:

Maybe I read something from an alternate reality and I'm just feeling angry for no good reason.

Maybe the earthquake will be political and won't strike until November when new election results come in. I'm ready for a change now though.

[edit on 2-3-2010 by orionthehunter]

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Why would I want to wait until Dems (and Reps) raise taxes?

Let's clean house now!

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by leftystrat

I'm with you on that. Time to clean house. In more ways than one I believe.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by orionthehunter

I think someone has been listening to right wing propaganda again.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   

I'll bet my taxes wouldn't be raised as much as I pay for my Insurance now. Try $1100 a month for me and my GF.

I pay more for my health insurance than I do for my mortage and groceries combined. Guess what...Iv'e never filed a claim.

Do you work for State Farm?

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Well if the quake didn't hit when the republicans started a multi-trillion dollar war over oil then we should be safe when the Dems spend money on a healthcare bill

-Kyo

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   

While cleaning house is a nice idea I work in disaster services, and a declaration for DC would be about as big a nightmare as I could think of. Id be pulling 12 hour days 7 days a week for the next year probably if something like that happened, so I certainly would hate for that to happen because I'd never have a moment to rest.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

yea, a public health care option would save me a lot of money.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   
I think our US government is only concerned about how much money they have to spend, not the US public.

I wouldn't mind if the insurance companies here were wiped out and the US took over health care if it actually reduced costs to the American public like it does to Canadians whom I've heard only pay about half of what Americans pay for health care. As it is, the consensus seems to be to keep our current system but make everyone pay even more. I don't like that plan.

I'm not even sure what the current plan is anymore. I hardly ever go to the doctor and don't want to because of the cost. However I am paying more in insurance each month than any single doctor visit has cost me. I wouldn't mind paying a little bit more if I didn't have high deductibles and other fees that had to be paid out of pocket first in the event of a medical emergency, then the insurance companies only pay 80 percent of costs of what they consider fair and reasonable to them. I found out back a few years ago, the insurance companies will claim something is not fair and reasonable even if you were taken by ambulance to the local hospital. Apparently I should have received cheaper treatment for my emergency medical condition at a hospital about 80 miles away instead according to the insurance rep. That meant they only paid about 70 to 74 percent of the total costs after deductibles and fees. I'm no fan of insurance companies but seeing how well our government handled Katrina, I have a lot of confidence in how well they can handle everyone else. (sarcasm).

I do not believe visits to the doctors should be free of charge. The doctor's offices are busy enough without adding a lot of hypochondriacs that believe they should stop by and see the doctor every time they have a simple headache.

[edit on 4-3-2010 by orionthehunter]

top topics

join