It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Boys From Brazil: Nazis in South America

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by LiveForever8

So you don't place much trust in hardback books, official documents, witness testimony and photographic evidence?

And yet at the same time Google seems to be the pinnacle of proof, as far as you're concerned?

How queer.

Do i put trust in hardback books? Not absolute trust in any way, shape or form. Do you?

Same for Google, i can make reasonable conclusions and sort out what are reasonable and what are un-reasonable results listed in the google results list.

So because one individual with the name Josef Greiner existed in that time period the possibility of another individual existing, this one spelt Joseph Greiner, is impossible? I wonder how many John Smith's or Elizabeth Browns existed back then? By your reasoning, surely no more than one.

So since you offer no evidence except for an old picture with a name that no one seems to have heard of on it means what exactly?

But I do not believe just that. I believe the locals who tell of it's history. I believe the official documents from Germany. I believe the documents from the Brazilian State Department and the National Museum in Rio de Janeiro, which detail Greiner’s jungle mission. There is plenty of evidence of this adventure. It is documented history.

All i see is a box that says "off site content". Where is the off site content? Also, the fact you are going back and forth between real events and a fictional book is not helping.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Malcher

Originally posted by Malcher
Do i put trust in hardback books? Not absolute trust in any way, shape or form. Do you?

Same for Google, i can make reasonable conclusions and sort out what are reasonable and what are un-reasonable results listed in the google results list.

Absolute trust? Nope. But at least with legitimate published books you can reference and cross reference, you can check out the credentials of the author, etc.

Using the Google results list is weak. Especially when trying to form conclusions contrary to documented history.

So since you offer no evidence except for an old picture with a name that no one seems to have heard of on it means what exactly?

When you say "no one" who do you mean exactly?

As for the evidence, it is there is you're willing to look, which you obviously aren't. So lets just say mystical faeries told me it's true. Happy now?

All i see is a box that says "off site content". Where is the off site content? Also, the fact you are going back and forth between real events and a fictional book is not helping.

All the links are provided in the OP. And sources are given where books are used.

As for going back and forth between real events and fiction - it seems the majority of people reading the OP where able to differentiate between fact and fiction. You obviously aren't.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I did a little more research into this. I've found the general area but there there so many little islands with horrible resolution in Google Earth, it's pretty much impossible to pinpoint the right one.

I also discovered more about Joseph Greiner and the expedition in general.

The expedition was originally composed of 3 Germans: Gerd Kahle, Gerhard Krause, and the expedition leader Otto Shulz-Kampfhenkel.

They were given an experimental seaplane called the "Seekadett" which was supposed to have been used for an aerial survey of the Jari River to it's headwaters. It had been fitted with a pair of plywood floats and navigation equipment. However, it was accidentally crashed during the expedition.

Joseph Greiner was a German man living in Brazil. He was a former sailor who was hired by Otto Shulz-Kampfhenkel in Rio de Janeiro because he was fluent in Portuguese and familiar with the area. He was given the job of "Baggage Master" on the expedition. Given that the Germans had brought 11-tons of luggage, he had his work cut out for him.

He succumbed to illness and died while on his way to the village of St. Anthony (San Antonio) to get some of the expedition's supplies. The Germans buried him where they found him.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by allenidaho

Nice work

Where exactly did you research this information?

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
A brazilian website (thank you google translate). They did an article about it and even tracked down an original copy of Ott Shulz-Kampfhenkel's book on the expedition from 1937 to learn more about the grave site.

The article was also about how the cross had been used as a tourist attraction for many years and that it had become so deteriorated that a shelter was built over it.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by allenidaho

Great stuff!

Living proof that the evidence is there to be found if one cares enough to look.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
They should dig up the remains. Maybe they will find a alien.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   

reply to post by Malcher

Absolute trust? Nope. But at least with legitimate published books you can reference and cross reference, you can check out the credentials of the author, etc.

Using the Google results list is weak. Especially when trying to form conclusions contrary to documented history.

When you say "no one" who do you mean exactly?

As for the evidence, it is there is you're willing to look, which you obviously aren't. So lets just say mystical faeries told me it's true. Happy now?

All the links are provided in the OP. And sources are given where books are used.

As for going back and forth between real events and fiction - it seems the majority of people reading the OP where able to differentiate between fact and fiction. You obviously aren't.

I can differentiate between fact and fiction fine. I still say you were more than a little creative with you sources in the op and like i said it did not help that you cite acknowledged fictional movies to make your case.

Of course it is true that some Nazi's escaped to a few places after the war and early on they took a few excursions. What were they doing in India around that time? Seems to me the same they were doing here, taking a trip to someplace they had never been to?

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Malcher

I still say you were more than a little creative with you sources in the op and like i said it did not help that you cite acknowledged fictional movies to make your case.

I never once used them as evidence to prove a specific theory. I merely used them as a cultural crutch to put the story into perspective. In other words, "yes, these were fictional films, but the reality is far more interesting..."

What were they doing in India around that time? Seems to me the same they were doing here, taking a trip to someplace they had never been to?

To put those excursions into perspective one must look at the occult influences of the prominent Nazis. Hitler (and Himmler) were deeply entrenched in occult ideas and absolutely fascinated by ancient relics that supposedly gave the owner ultimate power.

They searched all over the world for the Holy Grail and the Spear of Destiny and other such relics. They also spent much time and resources trying to find the lost continents and mystical places like Shangri-La. Anything that could prove their ideology of an Aryan master race.

Whereas their trips to Tibet were to find the origins of their so called "master race" the objective of the trips to South America were to find a new home for the master race.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
These stories are based of the real story. I am starting to think most, if not all, the occult stuff is pseudohistory\cryptohistory. They had the means to travel so they took it.

Whereas their trips to Tibet were to find the origins of their so called "master race" the objective of the trips to South America were to find a new home for the master race.

I doubt it. Out of all the places they choose South America? Why?

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   

These stories are based of the real story. I am starting to think most, if not all, the occult stuff is pseudohistory\cryptohistory. They had the means to travel so they took it.

What, like a nice little holiday? Dont be ridiculous.

Do some reading on the subject and it will all become a lot more clearer.

I doubt it. Out of all the places they choose South America? Why?

Why? The reasons are right there in the official report...

Schulz Kampfhenkel, an officer in the S.S. and leader of the expedition which claimed Greiner’s life, returned from the jungles and submitted to his boss Heinrich Himmler details of the ’Guayana Project.’

'The two largest scantly populated, but rich in resources, areas on earth are in Siberia and South America,' he wrote to Himmler. 'They alone offer spacious immigration and settlement possibilities for the Nordic peoples.'

As Siberia semed likely to fall at that time to China, he recommended colonising Amazonia for 'people without living space.'

He added in typically Nazi fashion: 'For the more advanced white race it offers outstanding possibilities for exploitation.'

Straight from the horses mouth.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join