It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

nothing is going to happen

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by hippomchippo

Originally posted by Centurionx
Who else then? I'm curious.

physics.uwyo.edu...
iso.esac.esa.int...
Infrared astronomy is not something NASA created you know.

I am not saying they did, and I'll admit I do not know much of these matters. I am not saying I believe in Nibiru, but just a gut feeling some dense object is out there, and also it is of something we do not fully understand. This is my own personal conjecture btw. And thx for the links.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   
jmotley. There are 'Mayans' still. Didn't everyone just think they'd be cooler on Dec 2012?

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by hippomchippo

ROTFLMAO!! I could not have said better myself. Right on hippomchippo!!

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxshadowfaxx
I still believe the world is flat, and the sun orbits around us. Nothing you can show me, will change my beliefs.

So you're like a christian creationist, except you believe the earth dies in 2 years instead that it was made 6000 years back.

Still waiting for evidence...

[edit on 21-3-2010 by wikuk]

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   

I still believe the world is flat, and the sun orbits around us. Nothing you can show me, will change my beliefs.

Seriously? Crikey, totally gobsmacked!

That is the most ignorant statement i have read in two years, unbelievable!

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I dont agree with any of you. I believe something will happen but I dont think the world will end or most of the population will and the leftovers have to start over or all of that Apocalypse crap. 'cos "apocalypse" itself doesnt actually mean the end of the world it means change as in the world will change as we no it, not end. personaly i think mankind is going to find somethink out about itself, that its going to have a revelation. maybe not though, maybe we will all die, maybe nothing will happen. either way we cant do anything about it. so just sit back and wait. live life to the fullest.k?

[edit on 24-3-2010 by FateAtkinson]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Actually the word apocalypse, has a completey different meaning.

It means, " to reveal"

Perhaps the masons will finally reveal one of the great human secrets they have kept for the last few thousand years.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Because the earth is so important in the vast universe, nothing will mess with it.

or maybe...

Because the earth is SO important in this VAST universe, that the universe/God/Gods/Powers-that-possibly-be/Leprechauns can't help but mess with it using late-coming calendars so the numbers work out in some sinister-looking pattern just to freak out the soon to be victims or warn them about something they can't do anything about?...

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by KILL_DOGG
Planet X
"Nibiru and other stories about wayward planets are an Internet hoax. There is no factual basis for these claims. If Nibiru or Planet X were real and headed for an encounter with the Earth in 2012, astronomers would have been tracking it for a decade,

They sure would, wouldn't they?

Possibly as Large as Jupiter; Mystery Heavenly Body Discovered
By Thomas O'Toole, Washington Post Staff Writer 

Friday, December 30, 1983; Page A1

A heavenly body possibly as large as the giant planet Jupiter and possibly so close to Earth 
that it would be part of this solar system has been found in the direction of the constellation 
Orion by an orbiting telescope aboard the U.S. infrared astronomical satellite.

So mysterious is the object that astronomers do not know if it is a planet, a giant comet, a 
nearby "protostar" that never got hot enough to become a star, a distant galaxy so young that 
it is still in the process of forming its first stars or a galaxy so shrouded in dust that none of the 
light cast by its stars ever gets through.

"All I can tell you is that we don't know what it is," Dr. Gerry Neugebauer, IRAS chief 
scientist for California's Jet Propulsion Laboratory and director of the Palomar Observatory 
for the California Institute of Technology, said in an interview.

The most fascinating explanation of this mystery body, which is so cold it casts no light and 
has never been seen by optical telescopes on Earth or in space, is that it is a giant gaseous 
planet as large as Jupiter and as close to Earth as 50 billion miles. While that may seem like a 
great distance in earthbound terms, it is a stone's throw in cosmological terms, so close in fact 
that it would be the nearest heavenly body to Earth beyond the outermost planet Pluto.

"If it is really that close, it would be a part of our solar system," said Dr. James Houck of 
Cornell University's Center for Radio Physics and Space Research and a member of the 
IRAS science team. "If it is that close, I don't know how the world's planetary scientists 
would even begin to classify it."

New South Pole Telescope to Study Mysterious Dark Energy
By SPACE.com Staff
posted: 26 February 2007

The new South Pole Telescope (SPT) has successfully collected its first light as part of a long-term project to unravel one of the biggest mysteries in cosmology, researchers announced today.

The goal of SPT is to learn the nature of mysterious dark energy, an antigravity force that permeates the cosmos and is driving the universe apart at an ever-increasing pace.

The telescope does not make conventional images. Instead, it will take advantage of excellent viewing conditions-cold and dry-in Antarctica to detect the cosmic microwave background (CMB) radiation. The CMB is said to be the afterglow of the Big Bang.

On the electromagnetic spectrum, the CMB falls somewhere between heat radiation (infrared) and radio waves.

NASA launches infrared telescope to scan entire sky
By Brandon Griggs, CNN
December 14, 2009 10:28 a.m. EST

(CNN) -- NASA launched a new telescope into space on Monday to scan the cosmos for undiscovered objects, including asteroids and comets that might threaten Earth.

The Wide-field Infrared Survey Explorer, or WISE, spacecraft will employ an infrared camera to detect light- and heat-emitting objects that other orbiting telescopes, such as the Hubble, might miss.

...WISE also will be looking for dim stars called brown dwarfs and millions of far-away galaxies that are shrouded in dust and often can't be seen in visible light.

Sun's Nemesis Pelted Earth with Comets, Study Suggests
By Leslie Mullen
Astrobiology Magazine
posted: 11 March 2010

A dark object may be lurking near our solar system, occasionally kicking comets in our direction. 

Nicknamed "Nemesis" or "The Death Star," this undetected object could be a red or brown dwarf star, or an even darker presence several times the mass of Jupiter.

Why do scientists think something could be hidden beyond the edge of our solar system? Originally, Nemesis was suggested as a way to explain a cycle of mass extinctions on Earth.

The Footprint of Nemesis

A recently-discovered dwarf planet, named Sedna, has an extra-long and usual elliptical orbit around the Sun. Sedna is one of the most distant objects yet observed, with an orbit ranging between 76 and 975 AU (where 1 AU is the distance between the Earth and the Sun). Sedna's orbit is estimated to last between 10.5 to 12 thousand years. Sedna's discoverer, Mike Brown of Caltech, noted in a Discover magazine article that Sedna's location doesn't make sense.

"Sedna shouldn't be there," said Brown. "There's no way to put Sedna where it is. It never comes close enough to be affected by the Sun, but it never goes far enough away from the Sun to be affected by other stars." 

Perhaps a massive unseen object is responsible for Sedna's mystifying orbit, its gravitational influence keeping Sedna fixed in that far-distant portion of space. 

John Matese, Emeritus Professor of Physics at the University of Louisiana at Lafayette, suspects Nemesis exists for another reason. The comets in the inner solar system seem to mostly come from the same region of the Oort Cloud, and Matese thinks the gravitational influence of a solar companion is disrupting that part of the cloud, scattering comets in its wake. His calculations suggest Nemesis is between 3 to 5 times the mass of Jupiter, rather than the 13 Jupiter masses or greater that some scientists think is a necessary quality of a brown dwarf. Even at this smaller mass, however, many astronomers would still classify it as a low mass star rather than a planet, since the circumstances of birth for stars and planets differ.

Move along folks, nothing to see here.

[edit on 4/2/2010 by GoldenFleece]

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by jmotley

Something is going to happen, but I believe it will be more of a spiritual event than a physical event - a changing of the age of understanding.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 07:25 AM
link   
First Age … … Age of Leo … … dawned in 10948 BCE Summer Equinox
Second Age … … Age of Cancer … … dawned in 8788 BCE
Third Age … … Age of Gemini … … dawned in 6628 BCE
Fourth Age … … Age of Taurus … … dawned in 4468 BCE Autumn Equinox
Fifth Age … … Age of Aries … … dawned in 2308 BCE
Sixth Age … … Age of Pisces … … dawned in 148 BCE
Seventh Age … … Age of Aquarius … ... dawns in 2012 AD Winter Equinox
Eighth Age … … Age of Capricorn … ... dawns in 4172AD
Ninth Age … … Age of Sagittarius … ... dawns in 6332 AD
Tenth Age … … Age of Scorpio … … dawns in 8492 AD Spring Equinox
Eleventh Age … ... Age of Libra … … dawns in 10652 AD
Twelfth Age … … Age of Virgo … … dawns in 12812 AD

Can anyone tell me why people seem to have forgotten that there was 13 zodiacal signs?

13th Sign

This can start a search for those interested. Not listed in my link is that it was once a sign but since moved out the ecliptic. Kinda blows astrology out of the water, huh?

[edit on 8-4-2010 by sparky8251]

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join