It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paranormal Member Investigation @ Convict and Colonial Station. Photos!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Paranormal Society of the ZAZZBOT or PSOTZ
Background....

Quarantine station.

how Q station began The North Head site was chosen as the location for a quarantine station for three reasons:
1. The site was the first safe anchorage point inside the Heads.
2. The site was sufficiently isolated and, at the time, a safe distance from the centre of Sydney.
3. The presence of natural springs to ensure a water supply made the site habitable From the 1830s to 1984 migrant ships arriving in Sydney with suspected contagious disease stopped inside North Head and off-loaded passengers and crew into quarantine to protect local residents from becoming sick.
After an average time of 40 days, most passengers were released to settle as Australian residents. Their experiences of quarantine varied. For others it was a far more frightening experience of disempowerment, disease and death. The Quarantine Station evolved over 150 years, growing during periods of infectious disease and shrinking during periods of health and diminishing government funds.

Thousands died at the station after traveling for over 6 months by sea, they would make it to shore only to be overcome by smallpox and other diseases. Over 600 people were buried in the one grave their with no headstone, just dumped.

At the Quarantine Station, people were isolated from their past and future homes and trapped in a transitory space for an undefined period. And i sthey died there, after the activity we expereinced, I would say they a re trpped in this transitory space still. The conditions for our early settlers and convicts were nothing short of extreme hardship.

The most active places were:
The hospital, morgue, and the shower block.

Things that we experienced were unusual sounds such as music, the clattering of pots and pans, smells such as lemons or potatoes, mostly spring onion which we discovered they use to chew on a lot to ward off smallpox, and very cold spots. We had temperature drops of 25 degrees Celsius within seconds.

So some of the orbs maybe dust, The more people who review it the better!
Enjoy! Ill be popping back there with EVPs with some ATSers soon!

Kids Hospital Ward, and the close up has a reflection of a girl with long dark hair face the side but looking at the camera, and in a old fashioned gown. Very bottom of the window in the close up image.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0254cfec3499.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d23578bb7243.png[/atsimg]

The Shower block, no one in there from memory (but this is one image that I cant be 100% sure of that condition but the photographer said there was no one), but there is a outline of a shadow person. (they would give them acid showers as they thought it killed off small pox

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9491dfd70317.jpg[/atsimg]

Physical contact. The first shot I took when my mate complained of severe pressure on his chest and difficulty breathing.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d5d7db13210e.jpg[/atsimg]
The second is when another team member experienced severe pain in her head, she was bent over double for about 20 seconds.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/96bbcd498edb.png[/atsimg]

I heard a dog growling and barking at the window, there was not one there, but here is one on the left side (sorry someone can make it bigger and clean it up) it has its tongue hanging out, the next photo is the same window when the growling stopped from the same camera position, if the anomaly appeared in both photos its a condition of the window, but you can see it is not.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cea8cbcf2cbb.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/647bbd494a60.jpg[/atsimg]

MOst activity of noises and banging we got in the main hospital wing.
The matron was seen, and the large orb over the radiator is where she was apparating. (with feet under the floorboards, and we discovered they lifted the boards after a renovation of the ward.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/84612e89f748.jpg[/atsimg]

Heard a moan in this direction and took 3 consecutive photos the last one is when the noise stopped, the first one look above the pillow (dust wouldn't go through bars like that ) Sadly didn't get a initial shot with no orb, but we all swear the bed sheets were straight and no depression in the pillow!
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/30324d92d75f.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3c0839113cee.jpg[/atsimg]

OK the square orb I took after smelling well....death, and hearing a large moan exhale.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a22fd0b6f2c1.jpg[/atsimg]

I have more to load, But I cant be faffed till tomorrow.

Cheers Zazz.

[edit on 27-2-2010 by zazzafrazz]

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Wow Zazz!
great investigating.
There is almost always orbs in pics of me..I just edit them out...

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Great write up and all, but as far as the ghost pics go you must be joking!?!?

I don't think orbs count for squat since they can be found anywhere.

Good info though.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 06:22 AM
link   
G'day all,

I don't see any spirit's and as the other person said orbs don't count.
keep trying..............

Blessed Be: Kernoonos........

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Kernoonos

sorry but i dont see anything in the windows.
i really do believe in ghosts after all the stuff that has happened to me in my life that i cannot explain but sorry i just dont see anything in those windows.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Good job, Zazz. Very nice photo's. I'll need to study them a little more, with the zoom feature.

Re: The shadow entity. It really does look like a person. Was there anyone on the team who would fit that particular physical shape?

But this is a fascinating location with an intriguing and tragic history. I can see why you chose it. Does the location have a history of being actively haunted?

Would love to hear some of the stories about it, if you have knowledge of them.

I am really looking forward to the the EVP's!

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadowLink

No I am not joking, zoom ,as i said I need help with cleaning up and zoom. Have asked the lovely Internos to have a look, particularly if he can up size the dog one for me
But the dog one takes a bit to see, we wouldn't have noticed it if we didn't time stamp we were hearing a dog growl at the time.
Also re Orbs AS i said they could be dust, but they were taken in conjunction with a sound, or touch or smell etc and their placement is critical.... or chest pressure and funnily enough BANG there is a orb?...so NO I am not joking.
You see no outline of a person in the shower block? Granted I was not present at that one, but you can only see half of them, they look like a shadow person.

You cant see the girl in the window? Look again......

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

Hey Lady!

Yes Hun it has a very long history of being haunted, even with the people staying there up until the 1950s there were quarantined people who would see things, as well as staff.

The staff have been taking people around personally for 20 years, and they have a plethora of photos and stories.

The main ghosts are actually seen are :
The matron.
A Sri Lankan in the Morgue...The morgue you can get a lot of smells.

I'll add more of the stories later, gotta run now!

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
took me a while but i finally saw the girl in the window. white eyes and kind of a pig snout. i don't know how you made out the dress though

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by iamnot

LOl yeah you gotta look. but she is looking directly at the camera, and i cant see a pig snout!

Well its her top torso and a simple white gown, like a hospital gown.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
ok the first time i saw it i could only see white eyes, i looked again and this time i see pupils. she looks a bit neanderthal to me. i see the shadow man. what is supposed to be in the first photo? cool pictures btw. you must have nerves of steel.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

Sorry, but I don't really see anything in the window. I do see the shadow in the shower block or whatever it is but it's not detailed enough to really say it looks like a human ghost. It does have the shape though.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Thanks Zazz, very interesting! i'm still looking at the pic trying to see the girl, but i've got big glare on this laptop, i'll take another look when it's darker!

I'm going Ghost hunting in 2 weeks, if anything pops up I shall share!

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Hey there zazz,

Well, I've had a good look at the pictures and here is my opinion (for what it's worth).

#1 Yes I see the girl in the left window ... but did you notice the child in the right part of the window with his head tilted to the left peeping into the window. If you were to stand him next to the girl he would be about waist height. Looks to have curly hair.

#2 The 'Shadow Person' ... at first glance it appears that his legs fade-out ... but taking a closer look I think it is one of the team wearing light coloured trousers (maybe jeans) ... if you look at his stance it looks like someone with his back to the camera with his own camera raised ready to take a picture himself. But of course I could be wrong.

#3 I had difficulty determining the shape of a dog in that window ... but having said that there definately seems to be something going on there ... just not clear enough for me to make-out with any certainty.

#4 As everyone seems to agree 'orbs' are famously difficult to determine the source of (dust / dirt on the lens / insect / or spirit etc) ... however, the large square orb is very interesting ... never seen one like that before.

I can't wait to see the other pics when you get chance to upload them ... as for this batch the first was my favourite.

Woody

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Very cool zazz! I LOVE this kind of thing.

I have friends who run ghost tours near me who let me do some exploring of my own of some of the places on their tour...

Stayed in haunted hotels, and have had quite a few experiences of my own...I have even been asked to join a few teams, but I have always preferred to explore by myself, or with maybe one other person...

That said, I love hearing the stories about all these different places... The history, the people... everything....

Great pictures, great stories. and I thank you for sharing it all with us!!!

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   
OK thankyou to Shrodingers dog who made me a cut out of the possible girl in the bottom of the window of picture 2. Now the next photo from the same angle did not have the anomaly so it is not the making of the glass.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d331c0c1fa1c.png[/atsimg]

[edit on 28-2-2010 by zazzafrazz]

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   
We've looked closer at the dog head, and I would say its a glass and light anomaly

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Thanks Zazz and SD I can make that out! it doe's really look like a girl, very interesting!

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I was thinking perhaps someone would discuss the square orb? Or, since it's square, can we call it an orb? (Does orb imply round?)

Never seen anything like it before. It looks almost like lace, and seems to be slightly brighter around the edges.

What did the team members think about it? It's huge.

Even some of the round ones have variations in brightness, and have almost a concentric circles effect. (Or is that just my eyes).

[edit on 3/2/2010 by ladyinwaiting]

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

HI Lady, I dont always discount orbs like most do, when I can tell they are dust, if they are related to activity, then they cant be discounted. This one is great. I haven't seen this shape before, but I have caught a different shape pre or post manifestation, so this could be that. It was taken in conjunction just after we saw the matron for about 2.5 seconds, the large round one above the heater was taken just before, and we got a very odd smell come into the room.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join