It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman avoids jail after sex with boy

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Silver Shadow

Yes EXACTLY Uncalien.
The law is blind, in that it judges guilt or innocence without (sexual) bias.

But sentencing should reflect the seriousness of the actual crime, taking into account all the factors of the specific case.

In another words: An older woman that had sex with a teen kid shouldn't be judged and sentenced by the same parameters that an older man that had sex with a teen girl, right???
I mean, there's a different legal approaching to "murder" and "murder in self-defense". An older woman can't be judged as a "sexual predator" by having sex with a 14 years old kid, once this was set up by own society, as a high-standard ritual of maleness initiation. I mean, teenage boys are indeed, the sexual predators, once they are running for lose their virginity, EVERY SINGLE MOMENT of their lives.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by kissy princess

ighten up- so long as sex is safe and consensual, it is something that was designed to be healthy and enjoyable, contrary to popular opinion. Jesus Christ, if you raise your children to make confident, informed and intelligent decisions, then you won't need to worry about them being manipulated by others. Stop playing the 'Burn-the-Witches' card.

Things are not that easy!! Obviously a girl being seduced and having sex with an older guy isn't the same thing a boy being seduced and having sex with an older woman. The man is the active-part of a hetero sexual relation. Being kid or not. He penetrates, he invades, he's entering the woman's body, being kid or not. This act doesn't destroy the personality of a young dude. Build it.
A girl being penetrated, invaded, entered by an older man is potentially destroyed for the last of her life. The woman isn't EVER ready to sex as the man is! Adult women aren't ever available to being penetrated 'cos women have a larger commitment during the sexual act, than men. I'm talking about adult women, thus the damage of early sex in girls is quite strong. A 14 years old boy is READY to sex. A 14 years old girl NOT. No matter how many "confident liberal education" she had from her parents. Ironically girls bodies get maturity faster than boys bodies, but the boys, mentally and existentially, are prepared and ready for sex faster than girls.

Taking this whole parameters to law approaching of illegal sex with youngsters, men must, undoubtedly, be treated as "sexual predators", but women should have a lighter treatment.

[edit on 26-2-2010 by ucalien]

[edit on 26-2-2010 by ucalien]

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by ucalien

I mean, there's a different legal approaching to "murder" and "murder in self-defense".

Oh yes, one person can take another person's life, and be 100% responsible but the circumstances can be radically different.

Legal homicide. (state appointed executioner).
Warfare (leading to death of enemy combatants).
Justifiable homicide (self defense)
Manslaughter (negligence leading to death)
First degree murder (pre planned deliberate homicide)

You could be guilty of any of those, and get anything from the Congressional Medal of Honor, to a lethal injection.

And so it goes with sex.
It can bring you a lifetime of mutual joy with the right partner.
Or it can destroy you totally.

[edit on 26/2/2010 by Silver Shadow]

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Shallow i find, to judge based on age. We all are made of timeless material that only gets recycled, and primordial sexual energy remains the same, but is expressed in various ways to suit the needs of the overall picture... we also have the "dark side" which involves suppression which leads to sudden outbursts of rape, promiscuity, general abuse of sex- often in places that hold up the superficial image of being morally adherent, lawful, when in reality there's a sinister beast hanging out in the details of their private conduct..

yeah, it's okay to "corrupt", because out of the darkness comes bumping into objects, resulting in more than just physical pain like STDs or balls getting removed by a balisong knife while you sleep.., but the heart pains of having truly done bad.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by expat2368
This is probably not going to be a real popular opinion..but here goes:

The law makes no provision for the obvious psychological differences between male and female. While sex with an older man would be traumatic for a young girl, sex with an older female is the stuff of dreams for most young boys.

So the judge is sitting there in these cases and thinking how lucky the kid is and secretly wishing it had happened to him when he was 14. I see these stories on other forums about older women seducing boys..the responses from women are filled with disgust...the responses from men are typically "where were these women when I was 14?"

The typical feeling among men whether they will admit it or not is that it is very difficult for a woman to "abuse" a sexually mature male.

The trouble with your reasoning is that the act of having sexual intercourse with a minor is ok when women do it but not ok when men do it. Do you notice how men are always portrayed as the perpetrators when they have sex with an under-age girl? Whether she pressured him into it is is not even given consideration. His history of never doing this before will not get him off the hook. He can state as much as he wants that she said yes and actively grabbed his genitals even when he resisted.

"He should have known better! "The victim is a child who cannot give consent!" "He has robbed a kid of her childhood!" "I don't want this monster free...what if my daughter is next?"

So why is it ok if women do it? Just because males desire sex at a younger age does not mean their consent is more valid. Just because males are more receptive to sexual advances does not mean it is ok to take advantage of a minor.

[edit on 26/2/2010 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by freedomataprice
reply to post by (C2C)

Sex with children is against the law.

Sorry, but she didn't have sex with a child, she had sex with a young man.

But 14, no matter what excuses we make is still 14. That is to young for anyone male or female to be making decisions for themselves that could ultimately lead to a life changing event, that they could not handle. Like producing a child.

i disagree, you can't measure someones age based chronologically on the amount of years they are alive. I was more intelligent at 14 than most adults i know today.

I understand sex is fantastic but when you have it with a child, you are a pedofile. End of story in my book.
You need to look up the definition of child.

A child (plural: children) is a human BETWEEN the stages of birth and puberty.

Once a child hits puberty, they are no longer a child.

This young man was obviously not prepubescent and therefore is obviously not a child.

Now . . . legally a child is ANYONE under 18.

So a 15 year old male who is extremely intelligent, completely physically developed, and perfectly capable of doing anything an adult can . . . is a child?

ALRIGHTY THEN.

[edit on 2/26/2010 by JPhish]

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 03:07 AM
link   

And so it goes with sex. It can bring you a lifetime of mutual joy with the right partner. Or it can destroy you totally.

Maybe you missed my point. Let me change my reasoning:

1 - Murder
2 - Aggression

Both motivated by violence, two different crimes, with different results.

1 - An adult man having sex with teen girl
2 - An adult woman having sex with a teen boy

Both, sexual crimes motivated by lust, but with different results to girls and boys.

A girl can, existentially, die, after having sex with an adult man, by reasons I explained in prior comment. A healthy growth is committed, the adult woman inside her will rise broke up.

A boy can, existentially, bloom, after having sex with an adult female.

Makes no sense this woman, being judged like that man.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 03:07 AM
link   
While yes it's wrong, I am sure that the guys here can tell you exactly what the young lad was thinking.

"Giggity giggity alright!"

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by SilentShadow

I CANNOT believe this.

If this was a man, he would have been hung, drawn and quartered. Placed on EVERY sex offender list that exists and would have had been run out of the very town he lives in.

This woman gets 3months SUSPENDED sentence. I cannot believe how bias and sexist these kinds of cases can be. Is there some unwritten law that says hit men with the book?

It reminds me of a driving tester who told me not to feel bad because they are instructed to fail every male the first time they take the test.

Give her the full treatment. Just like any other [MALE] person.

au.news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Look at it this way, woman still have a lower avarage income compared to men, so as to compensate they get priviliges :p

Woman do think diffrently and they don't have the same mentality as men, I mean a woman can't hurt a child with sex but a man can.

I have no opinion just playing devils advocate or trying to be openminded? I mean would you find it traumatizing if a woman would have sex with you? Most boys wouldn't.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by ucalien

And so it goes with sex. It can bring you a lifetime of mutual joy with the right partner. Or it can destroy you totally.

Maybe you missed my point. Let me change my reasoning:

1 - Murder
2 - Aggression

Both motivated by violence, two different crimes, with different results.

1 - An adult man having sex with teen girl
2 - An adult woman having sex with a teen boy

Both, sexual crimes motivated by lust, but with different results to girls and boys.

A girl can, existentially, die, after having sex with an adult man, by reasons I explained in prior comment. A healthy growth is committed, the adult woman inside her will rise broke up.

A boy can, existentially, bloom, after having sex with an adult female.

Makes no sense this woman, being judged like that man.

Yes indeed!!!

beautifully said my man!

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ausar
are mens expression of outrage about her sentencing more angst about the act in regard to personal jealousy?if i was a sexually active preteen i would want the ripest fullest woman available!

Yeah, but dude, at 14 years old (or younger, since you said "pre-teen") what did you know about the ramifications of pregnancy, STD's, and especially AIDS?

Even though as a young buck you thought it was great fun, how would you feel if your 12 year old son "had sex" (read: statutory rape) with a 24 year old woman and caught venereal warts, syphilis, and got the woman pregnant and she decides to keep it. How "cool" with it would you be then????

Sex as it is sold in the movies/TV/advertising is a fantasy land, and while true, it is quite possible to NOT get any diseases and avoid pregnancy, let's not fool ourselves; it does happen frequently.

You really want your kid playing Russian roulette with his life and your families functional reproductive future?

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by colloredbrothers

Look at it this way, woman still have a lower avarage income compared to men, so as to compensate they get priviliges :p

Woman do think diffrently and they don't have the same mentality as men, I mean a woman can't hurt a child with sex but a man can.

I have no opinion just playing devils advocate or trying to be openminded? I mean would you find it traumatizing if a woman would have sex with you? Most boys wouldn't.

But is the factor whether the minor enjoyed it or not EVER taken into account when the genders are reversed?

Do under-age girls always find the experience traumatising? When you hear of a story of an adult male having sex with an under-age female, do you make the same concessions?

[edit on 26/2/2010 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Each country has a legal age of consent. To have sex with anyone under that age is statutory rape. Even if they are 'asking for it'.
Wether its a 14 year old boy or a 14 year old girl, neither can legally consent to having sex, and this makes it statutory rape.
The responsibility to do the right thing falls upon the person who IS over this age.
Granted this age varies from 13 in some countries to 21 in others, but the fact remains that it is illegal to have sex with persons under this age.
In this case, the women has committed statutory rape, and she should be sentenced accordingly.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 04:09 AM
link   
No women should be jailed because of sex, the boy wants it and that makes it possible for the woman to do it. If guy doesn't want sex, how for a woman to have an intercourse with this person?

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by SilentShadow

I CANNOT believe this.

If this was a man, he would have been hung, drawn and quartered. Placed on EVERY sex offender list that exists and would have had been run out of the very town he lives in.

This woman gets 3months SUSPENDED sentence. I cannot believe how bias and sexist these kinds of cases can be. Is there some unwritten law that says hit men with the book?

It reminds me of a driving tester who told me not to feel bad because they are instructed to fail every male the first time they take the test.

Give her the full treatment. Just like any other [MALE] person.

au.news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

You beat me to it buddy, yes if this was a man they would crucify him.

My opinion is if it is voluntary sex no one should get jail time. I mean it’s not like he was raped, hell who didn’t wanted to have sex with an older woman when he was 14?

Lucky kid

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 04:48 AM
link   
I was 13 at the time and I had a friend who was 14 an having an affair with a 31 year old woman "I thought he was the luckiest bastard on the planet!"

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 26-2-2010 by MOTT the HOOPLE]

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

at 14 years old i knew more in the way of sex education than the vast majority of adults i knew. I was very full well understanding of the consequences, possible pregnancy, possible std's, hiv/aids, all of it. i was VERY aware of any and all consequences and at the age of 14 if i had needed to make personal choices in this area, i would have been completely and fully prepared to make these decisions on my own.

at 14, you're not a kid anymore. sorry folks, you're just not a child anymore, physically or mentally. legally, yes, but thats the only way. the age of consent in Canada was 14 until 2008, and now its 16. in some places around the world its common place for young people to have sex with older people. when you hit puberty you're becoming more aware of your sexuality and you're growing up. 14 and 20 isnt a big age difference. its just not. and if it was a 20 year old guy and a 14 year old girl, my opinion would be very much the same. at 14 years old the average person is fully capable of making their own choices regarding sexual activity.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 05:23 AM
link   
I bet the kid didn't mind at all!

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by oppaperclip

You see, that's why the Guardian sucks. How can you report on a person being too pretty for jail and not have a picture of her? If this was the Sun, they'd have had her on page 3

Back on topic:
I have to admit, my first reaction, which I admit was wrong was "lucky little Ba***rd!!". But to be fair, this is so wrong on so many levels. The fact that she did it in the first place and the fact that she got a waaaay more lenient sentence than any man would have recieved.

I'm pretty sure when I was 20, I didn't even want to talk to any 14 year olds, never mind want to sleep with them!

Sick

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by tim1989
I bet the kid didn't mind at all!

But that argument stands for nothing when the male adult has sex with the female teenager. Do you really think whenever an adult male has sex with a female minor it is because he has manipulated her into having sex? You don't think the minor ever tempts the adult and even initiates the sexual advances?

The problem here is that people are saying oh it's fine when an adult female does it to a male minor. That's different. He enjoys it so that makes it ok. Everyone is entitled to their opinions, but I just can't believe the number of people that would want the man hanged and female let off the hook.

I guess this is what society has become.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join