It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

12 yr old girl arrested for doodling on school desk

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   

12 yr old girl arrested for doodling on school desk

www.smirkingchimp.com

Earlier this month, at a New York junior high school, a 12-year-old girl named Alexa Gonzalez pulled out a green magic marker during class, and doodled, “I love my friends Abby and Faith.” The teacher sent her to the principle, who promptly called the “Zero Tolerance” police. The next thing Alexa knew, New York City’s finest burst into the principle’s office, pulled the girl’s arms behind her back, cuffed her, and frog-marched across the quad, so that all her fellow students and teachers could see her bawling her eyes out on her way to the police station. That’ll teach her.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
She now has an arrest record, and a sentence of 60 hrs community service. No more detention kids, it's straight to jail!!

For New York City’s school system, that translates into Surging with an additional 5,000 truancy cops whose job is to root out doodlerists and truants and the like. Unfortunately, with all the budget problems, paying all those cops–poorly trained cops, I might add–means no money left for school counselors, who number just 3,000, or almost half the number of these new counter-doodling cops.

www.smirkingchimp.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
The thing that really bothers me, .... is how many hands this had to go through to actualy occur.....

The teacher, the principals, the cops ...... and not one of them has the sense enough to ask themselves and eachother " What the Freak are we doing here " ?

Idiocracy at its finest, people giving and taking orders with no application of common sense.

This will be the catchphrase of the future, and the reasoning behind many atrocity's to come ......... " I'm just taking orders"

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Posted Here

It was posted a few days ago.

Nm its in a different forum.

[edit on 2/25/2010 by ThichHeaded]

[edit on 2/25/2010 by ThichHeaded]

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Finally, the punishment to fit the crime.

Unbelievable what a joke

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptChaos

I have to say if a young lady pulled out a green magic marker and began marking up property that was not her own I would have thought this was deliberate and destructive.
I'd have sent her home from school and given her parents a bill for the cost of the desk. Unfortunately everyone over reacted and now this disrespectful, malicious little brat is going to end up getting an apology from the school.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 02:26 AM
link   
It is crap like this which will make criminal records meaningless in the future.
I know it sounds cliche but this reminds me of 1984 how the adults were affraid of the children. I know we are not there yet but this type of treatment would be bad for kids. Think about it, kids get taken to jail over a small offence like drawing on a desk. Now this shows them 2 things
1. small things can get you put in jail
2. If small things can get you put in jail then jail is not a big deal.
This is a step in conditioning kids to turn them into sniches. And what about the police force? They endorse this crap?

When i was in school kids that did stuff like this had to clean it up and maybe the parents would get a call but that is about it.

[edit on 26-2-2010 by zaiger]

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Wow just look at that last line in the quote section.

That’ll teach her.

Seriously though marker marks can be erased it could have been worse and she could have engraved it into the desk with a blade, I could then see her being sent to the principals office for that. Honestly what has happened to the elementary - middle school levels? I drew on the desk all the time, only thing I lost was probably recess and had to clean it up.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 02:58 AM
link   
This is old news

Old thread here

Try a search!

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   
im almost 100% sure this thread is exaggerting massively. no way would police bust into an office and rag a little girl around like that...thats how you treat dangerous criminals...if this is at all true...and the police were truely called...im sure they gentley took her out of the school.

if any of it is true...its a sad example of people blindly following procedures without injecting their own common sense into a situation. it could have been delt with and ended at the teacher simply stopping her after class...telling her to clean it off..and not to do it again.

top topics

join