It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weiner calls GOP a "Insurance Co. Subsidiary"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Is he right on this?

I believe they both have been in a few Industries Pockets, But right now the

GOP are voting no just to see Obama fail.

They have no regard , no want, to see any problem's fixed.

The old expression " Cut off your nose , to Spite your face" comes to mind .

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Sean48

i think everyone, except for the Obamaites, are doing everything they can to see Obama fail, even if if means cutting off their.......... well i wont go there

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Agreed. In actuality, however, both the republicans AND the democrats are just insurance co. subsidiaries.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by pexx421
Agreed. In actuality, however, both the republicans AND the democrats are just insurance co. subsidiaries.

Not all Democrats. You can't be an insurance company subsidie when you support Single-Payer. Whether you support the public option or not we all know that is the insurance companies worst enemy.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Sean48

Even if the GOP is an insurance subsiderary of insurance companies, Obama is a subsiderary of the pharmaceutical companies. He gave them an out with his health care overhaul. One of the main expenses that drives up health care is drug prices.
I saw this illustrated n 60 Minutes a very long time ago. They were comparing a drug that was meant for both human and animal use. I forget the drug name, but the only difference was that one bottle it said for animal use only, the other it said for human use only. Take a guess as to which cost more...and if I remember correctly, there was like a 500% difference in price between these two "drugs."

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sean48

Obama's failure on healthcare = victory for America. Do you really want the government dictating your healthcare? I sure as hell don't!

-E-

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Sean48

Well I don't know if he is right, but I think you could say that the dems are the sales department of the health insurance companies since they will be forcing us all to buy their product.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Wow! No wonder they don't get anything done! They wasted 5 minutes of time because someone got their feelings hurt?!? Yeesh.

And yeah, I am in agreement. Don't ask for something you aren't prepared to receive. But then that's politics, huh?

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Sean48

Quite the contrary. Is it not the Democratic party that is attempting to FORCE the American public to purchase a product from the insurance industry? Indeed, it is. I can't imagine that the insurance industry is too upset with the fact that they're going to get 30 million or more new customers if the Democrats plan passes.

The Democrats are handing the insurance companies the greatest gift they ever could have asked for.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Sean48

Just going to post Obama's major contributors.

Let's see here-

1 Lawyers/Law Firms $43,071,129
2 Retired $42,934,278
3 Education $22,915,462
4 Misc Business $16,558,999
5 Securities & Investment $14,808,875
6 Health Professionals $11,716,570
7 Business Services $11,453,341
8 Democratic/Liberal $11,234,271
9 Real Estate $10,395,123
10 TV/Movies/Music $8,966,774
11 Civil Servants/Public Officials $8,775,628
12 Computers/Internet $8,497,422
13 Women's Issues $6,906,664
14 Misc Finance $6,390,199
15 Printing & Publishing $5,973,558
16 Other $3,661,324
17 Hospitals/Nursing Homes $3,335,944
18 Commercial Banks $3,244,103
19 Non-Profit Institutions $2,962,445
20 Construction Services $2,917,605

Dems just using obfuscational techniques.

Obama-14 Million+ whatever is in the other and the HIDDEN 178 million we do not know WHERE it came from!

I wonder WHO SEIU is? Hmmmm, are they part of the medical industry?

I wish I was in that congress, I would have called him out!

We need a few good duels like yesteryear!

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by MysterE

Obama's failure on healthcare = victory for America. Do you really want the government dictating your healthcare? I sure as hell don't!

-E-

So who do you think dictates our healthcare? Check it out....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Anyone in favor of using government thuggary to force a population at gunpoint to hand money over to the insurers is far more than an insurance company subsidiary.

I got to add this is getting pretty ridiculous. It's as though some of you out there honestly believe that when a republican puts a gun to your head and takes your property he's doing it to make his country club buddies rich but when a democrat puts a gun to your head and takes your property it's "in your best interest."

Seriously? What the hell is wrong with some of you?

[edit on 25-2-2010 by thisguyrighthere]

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
It's true, there are many who have no regard for what is best for the country, as long as the current administration fails, it does not matter.

It is beyond bipartisanship, by a long shot. It has fallen to something much, much sicker than that. It's a sickness, and it has indeed become pervasive.

For the first time we have a man, although not perfect, who wants to try. Who is all but begging to be permitted just to attempt to try to put things back together. Who seems to have a reasonable amount of decency, and honesty, unlike politicians of the last decade. But there are people who are simply not going to let him try. They will put whatever obstacles they can find in his way. Truth, lies, low blows and nonsense. It doesn't matter.

The first thing you hear is how disappointed people are, how he has not kept his promises. Good Lord. Anybody who has ever tried to manage anything, or even a group of people knows it takes time. It is so utterly unjust to have groups screaming about this issue, and that problem, when the man is trying to make a dent in all the many issues facing the country right now. It is enormously difficult, and anybody with half a brain would realize that. Instead of support, he gets more pressure from only political motivations, instead of the help with solutions and answers he asks for almost daily.

These problems won't all be solved at the end of this service, nor the person's after that. They are too pervasive; too complex. It's so easy to sit and criticize, and doing so even knowing you are assuming the impossible. And if you need someone to explain this, then God help you.
You are either not human, or so clueless as to what it takes to run a country than you are completely in over your head on this forum.

@Nexus: To say "Obamaite" is neither amusing nor in good taste. Why don't you can it? I support the President, but I am an "ite" of nothing. Thanks.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

Yes, a lot of us are hoping Obama fails. I have to admit that I am one of those. I am not a Repub, I have actually never voted for either party in a national election.

There are solutions, that would pull us out of the death spiral we are in. They will not be used because our representatives have NO spines. They are politicians, not leaders.

They worry about their futures not the future of America.

I believe we are on the cusp of the downfall of freedom.

May God have mercy on our souls.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

Yes, I am concerned also. Perhaps in a different light, but nonetheless, we would be blind if we couldn't see it coming.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by endisnighe
I believe we are on the cusp of the downfall of freedom.

May God have mercy on our souls.

We're probably on the cusp of the downfall of those who want nothing but destruction and discord. It will take down even some that do not, unfortunately.

No, God will not have mercy. God is just, not merciful. God will see that justice is done. God will sort them out.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by EnlightenUp

Yes, I was trying to be light hearted.

He is just, not merciful. Thanks.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by endisnighe
reply to post by EnlightenUp

Yes, I was trying to be light hearted.

He is just, not merciful. Thanks.

'Twas a message brought to you from the lunatic above.

Justice = the balance of severity and mercy, well, that's what the pillars of the tree of life say.

[edit on 2/25/2010 by EnlightenUp]

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   

He gotcha.
Since Wiener repeated this bumper sticker phrase several times today, I'm sure he's glad someone picked it up.
Since I can't ask him the "key question", I'll ask you:
...So, then the reason that the insurance excs have been parading in and out of the White House for the past several months is________???

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   
While Mr. Weiner was technically correct, he is hiding the fact that the major insurance lobbies are pouring millions of dollars into making damn sure this bill goes their way. They are paying both Democrats and republicans.

Did you all notice how each time they called for his words to be taken down?

The GOP here is trying to stop him from speaking for the rest of the day, fact is, the guy was so hot, he was blowing the lid off of some of the fundamental corruption that plagues Washington DC.

I have a feeling this will happen to me quite a bit

top topics

<<   2 >>

join